1 year on MFP+NROL4W+40lb Lost (Pics)

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Did you just bring the book with you? I think I might get a couple training sessions just to make sure my form is right to start off with and find my way around. I just have to face my fears I think! I challenged myself this month and went to a group fitness class which TERRIFIES ME. I know I can do it - I just have to start!

I bought the Kindle edition and downloaded it to my smart phone. I also watched some of the exercises on YouTube if I was super confused with form during the reading.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Awesome before/after results!!
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Fabulous Work! Yet another example of the benefits of weight training. I wish more women would bite the bullet and go lift heavy stuff. It doesn't make them look like guys, it makes them look hot. :wink: Kudos!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Awesome results! Congratulations! Even your scoliosis looks improved.
  • redraider08
    redraider08 Posts: 33 Member
    Holy moley! I LOVE what resistance training does for people, especially the ladies! What only a 4 lb. difference but a whole lotta muscle tone. Ridiculous... nice job!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Amazing results and so inspiring. I just started lifting a few weeks ago :)
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    More push for me to start NROL4W-- you look great! I'm also at about my goal weight, but I'd love to work on body composition now.
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    I just ordered the book yesterday and your pictures are making me SO GLAD that I did. I can't wait to post pictures like that! :smokin:
  • You look AWESOME!
  • rjrn
    rjrn Posts: 14 Member
    this is the first thing I noticed too....
    SO GREAT! ...you look strong and fit... and balanced.
    nice work!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

What I think is just so freaking incredible about your before and afters is the difference in your spine! It just further shows the benefits of heavy lifting! Your body is so much stronger it can better hold you up right. And that's true for everyone - just more apparent with someone with a curved spine! I have twisted hips and have always suffered because of it - until LIFTING entered my life. Your pics are truly worth a thousand words girl!

SO PROUD OF YOU!

You are so right! I still have "bad" days but I'm pain-free more like 80% of the time now, whereas at my highest weight I was IN PAIN 80-90% of my time! Not to mention the improvement in my posture, which I didn't even notice until you pointed out :-)
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    You look gorgeous and strong and fit! You can be very proud :) Well done!
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Nice job!! BAM!! So inspiring!! Thanks for sharing! :drinker: <---- they should have a weightlifter emoticon! That's the closest I can get. :)
    ~Sonja
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    OMG!!! You look amazing! Absolutely beautiful!:heart::heart: :heart: Way to go and well done!:drinker:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    *applause!!!*

you rocked that dress...but my fave pic is the yoga pose on the beach.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    You look fantastic - go you!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Hawty!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Love it!!! You're a true inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Awesome! I have similar stats to you and have just started NROL4W also! Thanks for showing your results, it gives me hope!!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

What I think is just so freaking incredible about your before and afters is the difference in your spine! It just further shows the benefits of heavy lifting! Your body is so much stronger it can better hold you up right. And that's true for everyone - just more apparent with someone with a curved spine! I have twisted hips and have always suffered because of it - until LIFTING entered my life. Your pics are truly worth a thousand words girl!

SO PROUD OF YOU!

Yesssssssss!!! ^^^^^^^^ what she said. It's amazing the difference in your body and spine are way greater than your lbs could ever express!!! Congratulations!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    *thought process during my visit to this thread*
    Wow that's awesome I'm bumping this everyone should see what a difference weight training can make
    Wow what a difference in her back, (you'd never say you have scoliosis in the second pic
    Wow this pic is awesome:
    602114_746363684501_744973461_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!