my daily calorie equation

Options
Im a little confused with it all and what the website suggests me to do.
net = total - exercise
1800 (?) = 1700 (eaten) - 1300 (normal workout)
is this a bad thing, im not hungry, and have met my daily protein target fairly consistently.
im 265 on the buff side, I want to bring it down to 240 before I head off to basic in 2 months.

Replies

• pilot2007
    pilot2007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im a little confused with it all and what the website suggests me to do.
    net = total - exercise
    1800 (?) = 1700 (eaten) - 1300 (normal workout)
    is this a bad thing, im not hungry, and have met my daily protein target fairly consistently.
    im 265 on the buff side, I want to bring it down to 240 before I head off to basic in 2 months.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    um well basically you should be eating your 1800 + the 1300 you burned. MFP has already calculated how much you should eat to lose weight. Adding excercise to that plan is great but sinc eit causes you to burn much more, it makes your caloric deficit VERY large, much too large in fact. SO over time your body will actually be starving. You're running for a whole day on 400 calories, because of everything you ate, you burned off all but 400 calories! That means your heart has very little energy to use to beat, your lungs to breathe... you get the picture.
    Meeting your protein target is great but carbs are REALLY important since you're working out so hard. Thats your energy right there. And don't neglect fats either, they are essential.
    long story short, yes this is a bad thing, and yes you should be eating more. today you should have eaten 3200 calories and not just 1700. and you would still lose weight, because 3200-1300(you burned through excercise)= 1800calories (net calories consumed) therefore your deficit is just as MFP suggests.
    hope this helps :flowerforyou: good luck!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2000 ( sunday no work out) to 2500 and 2900 every other day with my exercise cals.

and i only started that like a month ago, before that i was at 3000 per day with exercise and the first 5 or 6 weeks i was at 3500.

I have lost 23 lbs in like 16 or 17 weeks all while gaining new lean muscle. I could have lost more if i had lowered my cals to where they are now sooner.

Dont short change your body you need food to keep everything going 8 weeks to loose 25+ lbs is doable but it will be tough on your body.

Also you should set some custome goals. i know for me MFP's protien level is way to low.