Fitting It In (giggity)

Sarauk2sf
Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
The purpose of this post is to try to lay out an example of how you can get a balanced diet full of micronutrients, hit your calorie and macro targets and still fit in a treat. In other words…IIFYM (see here for an explanation of IIFYM: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym ).

It also will hopefully dispel a rumor that it is impossible to eat ice-cream every day while cutting and if you say you do, and have abs, you must be a liar

I am using the example of someone on relatively low calories as an example of how you do not need to have a large calorie allowance to do this. I am also using a sample vegetarian diet as that is what I am used to, however, if you eat meat, it is even easier to fit treats into your calorie and macro targets as meat is not as carb heavy as meat alternatives. It also shows that it really is not that hard to hit a protein target as I have not assumed any protein powder, and again, it is a vegetarian example. So, let’s use the following:

120lb female with a BF% of 20% and a calorie target of 1,400.
Protein target: 96g
Fat target: 42g

b859dec8-271b-4103-8a39-0b63526f884d_zpsca72d23c.jpg

The above day is not that adventurous but it lays out how easy it is to fit treats into your macros and calorie target and still get a good balanced diet, especially as I was using an example with a pretty low calorie target. If you want more volume of non-treat foods or snacks, then just pick a less calorie dense ice-cream, or up your calorie target. The ice-cream I have used in the example is a mid-range full fat one (and totally delish). There are lots out there with half the calories (such as Edy’s Slow Churn) that also taste good.

Just to be clear, I am not saying you *should* do this, just that you *can* if you want to and still achieve your goals.

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Fitting it in every day baby! (yes i am talking dessert)
    That looks like a tasty day.:smile:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Ummm....just to be clear- you don't want me to eat YOUR ice cream, right?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

^^ This.

I've been doing pretty well at hitting my macros. I don't tend to each ice-cream as a treat, so instead I use the 'spare' calories for a mid-afternoon snack.

Or, I make my lunch or dinner more exciting.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Tagging to read later.
  • Sarauk2sf

:wink:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    LOVE!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    tagging
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member

^^ Haha love this!!!

You tell em Sara!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    You said crumpet
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    i am very happy for this post...i know we are all different, but gives me a better view of how i should be eating....and how to refine my food choices.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    bump to show in my feed.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Tag
  • tag
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Awesome. I
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    exactly! ty!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Awesome. I

You can swap out the ice cream for pop-tarts as well.

Or, you can have a pop-tart and a 1/2 a serving of lower cal ice-cream and make a sammich - same calories:

1 pop tart (s'mores): 200 cals
    1/2 serving Edy's slow churn, cookies & cream: 60 cals

Total = 260 cals
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Under your wise guidance, I have been eating ice cream for the past 2 days. I'm not going back to my ugly pre-ice cream days. Well, tomorrow I am having a scone instead, but that's an okay trade.

Pre-logging has been key, that way I'm not scrambling at the end of the day to meet my macros. Instead, I'm slurping down ice cream.

Thank you Sara, for showing me the way.

UJrZTQA.jpg
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    This needs to go into the ridiculous General Message Forums!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Tag for reference............