Protein for breakfast?

carbar90
carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
How do you get protein into your breakfasts? I've been eating a lot of cold oatmeal lately and it's delicious but I need more protein to stay full! What do you eat for breakfast that is packed with protein? I love eggs but just recently found out I have an intolerance to them :(

Replies

• t4meslavens
    t4meslavens Posts: 9 Member
    When you say cold oatmeal can you tell e more like what you put in it.
    Fruit breakfast melody
    I'm going to try scrambled tofu, mushrooms, lentils to take the place of
    eggs
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    meat, milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or whey protein.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I eat Tilapia, Whey Protien from GNC, Almonds, I tend too eat a bulk of my protein in the morning.
    I usually have a "Dinner" for breakfast and Cereal for dinner.
    You can look at my Diary if you need any suggestions
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I love cottage cheese, but if you are watching your sodium, most cottage cheese is very high in it. :grumble:
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    I love cottage cheese and do eat it throughout the day.
    I eat hemp protein powder since whey can make my stomach upset.
    I never thought about having fish for breakfast! I should try that :)

Cold oatmeal = oats, chia seeds, almond milk and applesauce
  • i would suggest proats (protein powder in your morning oats). it is my breakfast every morning.. i particularly love the chocolate flavor :) x
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    pasted from a post i made a day or two ago. takes <5 min to prepare and 5 min to make:

granted, i havent tried many- but after reading the reviews on the recipe below, i had to try it. This recipe gets its protein from the egg whites and cottage cheese- no protein powder is needed. For those of you who dislike cottage cheese (like i do!)- NEVER FEAR- i swear you don't taste it! My husband and i made this over the weekend for the first time, doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of PB2 for extra flavor (who knows if it made a difference or not). but we both agree- delicious (reminded me a french toast) and FILLING! we put a little sugar free syrup on it, and then declared we will make this every weekend :)

1 Serving is 3medium sized pancakes
    the calorie count below is for the ingredients i used (to include the extra 22 cals and respective macros for each serving of the PB2)
    Calories - 340, Total Fat - 7g, Carb. - 37g, Protein - 32g, Fiber - 6g

1/2 cup Oats (we used 1-min oats, but im sure most will work)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (we used 2% because thats what we had)
    1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites (we used egg whites- 1/2c= 4 egg whites)
    1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    dash of salt
    water ( optional ) (we didnt use any)

1. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and process until smooth and combined. About 30 seconds to 1 minutes. If batter seems too thick to you, add a bit of water to loosen.

2. Heat med nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray on med-high heat. Add batter the way you would for any normal pancake and spread evenly. When bubbles form on top and the edges start to get dry, flip and cook other side. Repeat with the rest of batter.

enjoy. and thank me later. seriously- SO GOOD!
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    I must try this
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    i would suggest proats (protein powder in your morning oats). it is my breakfast every morning.. i particularly love the chocolate flavor :) x

definitely
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Oooooo. Im not a fan of cottage cheese but i MUST try those!
  • gowanna27
    gowanna27 Posts: 6 Member
    YUM!! i love pancakes but not the suger crash that always follows so this looks great
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Protein smoothie with fresh fruit. You can add things like berries, banana, peanut butter, etc to your protein powder.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    I used to do Greek yogurt with Kashi granola cereal until I was having trouble digesting the dairy. But great source of protein, for sure! And delicious!
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    I have smoked fish with scrambled eggs + small amount of carbs with wholemeal bread. Generally gets me through to lunch.
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    well I could suggest a way but id get kicked off this site probably

Here's hoping.......
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Another vote for proats! I use a vanilla plant-based protein powder and change up the flavors daily so I'm never bored. Then add mix-ins like nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter or chocolate chips.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Greek Yogurt with some special K light granola on top! YUMMMY!
  • Protein crepes: made with 2 eggs or egg whites, 2 scoops of protein, 1/4 low fat milk. cook in pan sprayed with low fat cooking spray. Roll fresh berries into crepes, sprinkle with cinnamon. Delicious! No syrup required!
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    I eat a Quest protein bar (20g of protein) with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter (4g) so that's a really easy and low-cal way to get a good amount in. Total it's 270 calories.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Oh, and you can also put a scoop of protein powder into a container of plain, nonfat greek yogurt. That's another one with low cals and high protein