Craving Crisis List

Options
Okay, I'm stealing an idea of AJCM's from another post, and am putting my "CRAVING CRISIS LIST" on my fridge this morning.

The rule is, when a craving for something naughty strikes (foodwise, people), I am to turn to the list below and if I complete ALL the steps and if I still want the treat, I will let myself have it.

I do allow myself treats once in a while, as long as they are budgeted and they are not of the cheese fries ilk, so this CRAVING CRISIS LIST is not for those -- it's more for when I know I'm about to go on a mindless binge, or about to go way above and beyond what I've budgeted.

Anyone else have ideas? Would love to hear 'em!!!!

~ Make one cup of tea
~ Drink one glass of water
~ Call my sister or my mom
~ Floss and brush teeth
~ Do 200 crunches
~ Clean either the sink, tub or toilet
~ Do 20 pushups
~ Practice doing a handstand

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm stealing an idea of AJCM's from another post, and am putting my "CRAVING CRISIS LIST" on my fridge this morning.

The rule is, when a craving for something naughty strikes (foodwise, people), I am to turn to the list below and if I complete ALL the steps and if I still want the treat, I will let myself have it.

I do allow myself treats once in a while, as long as they are budgeted and they are not of the cheese fries ilk, so this CRAVING CRISIS LIST is not for those -- it's more for when I know I'm about to go on a mindless binge, or about to go way above and beyond what I've budgeted.

Anyone else have ideas? Would love to hear 'em!!!!

~ Make one cup of tea
    ~ Floss and brush teeth
    ~ Do 200 crunches
    ~ Do 20 pushups
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    go for a walk
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Play tag with my cat.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    come to MFP!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Read a chapter of a good book
    spend a half hour in the garden
    Clean out or origanize closet or drawer
    work on a project ( I do a half hour on a craft)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Read a chapter of a good book
    spend a half hour in the garden
    Clean out or origanize closet or drawer
    work on a project ( I do a half hour on a craft)

These all sound like great ways to stay away from the TV and Comp too!! (unless your checking in on MFP, naturally!! :happy: )
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Wish I had of read this list 5 minutes ago lol!!:grumble:
  • LML79
    Options
    uh oh....back away from the food....
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

~ Make one cup of tea
    ~ Floss and brush teeth
    ~ Do 200 crunches
    ~ Do 20 pushups

Woah - I would have a REALLY clean house if I did this :laugh: and great abs...

My downfall is I work from home so all the food is readily accessable... and I have to sit at the computer and work so there is nothing to do to distract myself (physical activity wise)... I do the ... if it is 12:19 and I want something to eat I say I will wait until 12:30... and hope to get distracted in work and end up eating at 1! Sometimes works!
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    These ideas sound great, when you are craving something. I will keep these ideas in mind, next time I am craving something. I was wanting something last night--it was around 8:30pm--instead if indulging myself with junk---I tucked my 6 year old in bed and I went to bed.

Usually when I want to munch is when I am sleepy or bored. In this case, I was tired. But I did it, I did not give into my old ways of muching till I am sick. Yahoo! First Step!
  • LML79
    Options
    Yes i'm home too a I do the same thing!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. Thanks! :drinker:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Well, I am afraid my Craving Crisis List might be a bit too ambitious -- I ended up overdoing it yesterday because I took one look at the eight things on my list and said "forget this!"

So, my modified CRAVING CRISIS plan is to choose FOUR of the EIGHT items on the list. Then if I complete those items I will allow myself the treat.

It's not all bad, I just did things backward last night -- ate the peanut butter pretzels FIRST and THEN tackled the crunches, the pushups and the cleaning of the bathtub...

Here's to more willpower today so I don't have to scrub the toilet!!
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think the idea itself is great!

For my craving crisis, I've chopped up some cauliflower and brocoli for when I feel like binging. So basically yeah today I binged on cauliflower. I only ate probably a cup though. The crunchiness helped.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Wow thats a great Idia'
    Im making a list right now.

Mary:drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Better add DON'T look at the nutella jar....