How young is too young?

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thanks. I think I am genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

I mean a few years ago gay marraige was out of the question.

Now look!

For one thing, you are absolutely NOT trying to do "the right thing". You have ignored or chastised everyone who has voiced any concern or objection to this, despite having asked for people's opinions, and have only accepted those who support what you want to do in the first place. And for another thing, you have some freaking nerve, essentially stating that "if gay marriage is ok, then anything goes!" You're a real winner. A real prize for any naive, thinks-she's-grown-up-but-can't-even-drink-or-vote-yet little girl. I'm going to stop there before I really lose my temper.

I have dealt with these comments to the best of my ability!

Please point out where I was chastising people. People are calling ME a creep and YOU yourself just insulted me.

Also what makes you think this girl is naive?

Have you met her?

Why don't you get off your high horse and get your lilly whites dirty like the rest of us lady!

I didn't insult you for the sake of insulting you. I called you out for what you actually are. There's nothing wrong with calling a creep a creep. If you don't like it, stop being a creep.

If by "high horse" you mean my respect for civil rights and my disgust of your attempting to use them to justify your creepy behavior, I'll own that. In fact, I'd encourage you to get on board too. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of room on this particular high horse for everyone. No lily whites required.

Well that's interesting. I'm sure there's names that I could use to describe certain people: Blacks, Mexicans, homossexuals, Chinese, English, etc., ets.,

You came onto a thread where I attacked nobody and just asked for some polite feed back then you called me a creep. Then you said that I was ignorant. I'm just asking questions. The same questions that homosexuals asked many years ago and we're met with close minded people like you.

Now you're trying to compare your situation to that of homosexuals? I doubt they would agree on this. A creeper is not the same as a homosexual so don't even put yourself in the same class as them.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

Someone said on one of the first pages that she was from india. I think that's how it all started...

Try again, the English gentleman clearly stated that he got India based on looking at the pictures.

ok he's not indian he's clearly......... vietnamese.......... please start an arguement with me i'm dying to see where you're going with this

You are quiet mistaken kind sir; I don't fancy arguing with you, I only wanted to understand where India came from. After your clarification that you stereotyped him as an Indian due to his looks and your vast knowledge of Indians because there are a lot of them where you live. I know understand why you casted him as Indian and preceded to link him to India and rape to crush his credibility.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

Someone said on one of the first pages that she was from india. I think that's how it all started...

Try again, the English gentleman clearly stated that he got India based on looking at the pictures.

ok he's not indian he's clearly......... vietnamese.......... please start an arguement with me i'm dying to see where you're going with this

You are quiet mistaken kind sir; I don't fancy arguing with you, I only wanted to understand where India came from. After your clarification that you stereotyped him as an Indian due to his looks and your vast knowledge of Indians because there are a lot of them where you live. I know understand why you casted him as Indian and preceded to link him to India and rape to crush his credibility.

sex with a child is rape imho
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Thanks. I think I am genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

I mean a few years ago gay marraige was out of the question.

Now look!

For one thing, you are absolutely NOT trying to do "the right thing". You have ignored or chastised everyone who has voiced any concern or objection to this, despite having asked for people's opinions, and have only accepted those who support what you want to do in the first place. And for another thing, you have some freaking nerve, essentially stating that "if gay marriage is ok, then anything goes!" You're a real winner. A real prize for any naive, thinks-she's-grown-up-but-can't-even-drink-or-vote-yet little girl. I'm going to stop there before I really lose my temper.

I have dealt with these comments to the best of my ability!

Please point out where I was chastising people. People are calling ME a creep and YOU yourself just insulted me.

Also what makes you think this girl is naive?

Have you met her?

Why don't you get off your high horse and get your lilly whites dirty like the rest of us lady!

I didn't insult you for the sake of insulting you. I called you out for what you actually are. There's nothing wrong with calling a creep a creep. If you don't like it, stop being a creep.

If by "high horse" you mean my respect for civil rights and my disgust of your attempting to use them to justify your creepy behavior, I'll own that. In fact, I'd encourage you to get on board too. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of room on this particular high horse for everyone. No lily whites required.

Well that's interesting. I'm sure there's names that I could use to describe certain people: Blacks, Mexicans, homossexuals, Chinese, English, etc., ets.,

You came onto a thread where I attacked nobody and just asked for some polite feed back then you called me a creep. Then you said that I was ignorant. I'm just asking questions. The same questions that homosexuals asked many years ago and we're met with close minded people like you.

Now you're trying to compare your situation to that of homosexuals? I doubt they would agree on this. A creeper is not the same as a homosexual so don't even put yourself in the same class as them.

A creeper is an offensive term used to describe somebody who's discreetly and persistently pursuing someone that doesn't want to be pursued. I'm talking about two legal and capable people making a decision that they want to see eachother despite what society thinks of them.

Isn't that what starts most homosexual relationships?
  • poorvifat
    poorvifat Posts: 21
    What is going on in this thread??:noway:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Go for it! My husband is 12 and a half years older than I am.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    UH, NO! Do not pass go do not collect $200.00. :grumble:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    I was 27 when I met my 18 yr old soon to be husband. He had just turned 18. Now, 9 yrs later, life is pretty awesome. Other than battling my weight issues, life is good.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I'm 29 years old and the other day I met this girl at the gym. We really hit it off! I asked her out for a cup of coffee and she told me she was only 17 years old! She still gave me her number though. Over here in the UK it's ok to date anyone over the age of 16 so I was wondering if it's ok if I call her?

really!?

she isnt old enough to drink....

her parents are going to LOVE you... in fact you'll probably get on really well given that you're the same age!!!

LOL! :laugh:

Her parents are well into their 50s though I already asked about them. Apparently her dad is with the police. :grumble:

Her dad is with the police and she is barely legal and you are asking if you should go for it? Your risk acceptance is much higher than mine!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

you mean 80 years?

sex with a child is rape imho

The law disagrees with you.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    If she only owns Snow White on DVD, she's too young for you bro.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Thanks for your replies!

But we do have alot in common and I really feel a connection with her. Isn't age just a number anyways?

Especially when it comes to love?

Sure age is just a number... but you'll soon realize what that number means. Don't you remember when you were 17? Young and dumb?? Even if, at 17, you thought you were grown, you can look back now and think, "wow, I really thought I knew what life was all about, but I had no f*cking clue" So just keep that in mind.... she may feel mature and grown but she hasn't even hit the "real world" yet. Hell, I thought I was grown at 22! Now at 25 I still don't feel grown! lol
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Also let me add. 17 is technically not an adult yet. Here in the US that is jailbait!! What in the hell do you two have in common besides maybe attracted to each other physically. I mean really?! You are a grown man..try for someone a little older or wait till she is 18.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member

You keep bringing homosexuality into this. I'm pretty sure the majority of people would contest a 29 year old man wanting to be with a 17 year old boy in exactly the same way as the reaction to a 29 year old woman wanting to date a 17 year old boy, or a 29 year old man wanting to date a 17 year old girl.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    have you called her yet?

i am really curious as to whether this girl gave you her real number.

not saying that you are a creep or anything, but when i was 17 guys asked for my number all the time.. and instead of being upfront and telling them "no" i just gave them a fake one.
    obviously this isn't the right thing to do, but when you're 17 your decision making abilities haven't quite peaked yet.

anyway, i think you should call her. coffee is coffee, not a marriage proposal.

I haven't called her yet.

I just got her number last night and I'm trying to play it cool.

I was going to wait until tomorrow morning.

I hope she gave me the right number. YOu just made me really nervous! LOL

Are you sure you aren't 17?
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Too young mate - 5 years ago she was 12.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Im really surprised this isn't locked yet lol
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    What is going on in this thread??:noway:

Pure and utter mayhem, good sir.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    dp
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    The law disagrees with you.
    now you're just being silly! her post was in response to a line of conversation starting with the arguement that sex was ok as long as she menstruated. in most countries the law fully aggrees with that.