What's Your Food Is Your Kryptonite?

Replies

• agraves18
    agraves18 Posts: 30 Member
    Chocolate and any kind of soda. I have pretty much gave up the soda, except when eating out which is rare. As for chocolate, well its just safer not to have it in the house
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Cheesecake, Spanish flan, anything with "red velvet" on it...

I'm deeply, madly in love with you right now. LOL. :)
  • Mlkmaid
    Mexican food. I just don't go.

I second that. And hot, greasy Chinese or Thai. Or chips. Or chocolate. And I cannot have Bugles in the house because I eat the entire box.
  • Mlkmaid
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, followed closely by any other beer. I drank over a 1000 calories of it last night.

Whats funny is a friend of ours is on weight watchers, and there, you only count the carbs, not the calories in it, so for her, the same 210calorie beer is only 2 points because it's got 28 grams of carbs in it.

OMG - we live in Missouri and can't get Dogfish Head unless we do it mail order. If we could buy 60MIPA locally, we'd both weigh 500 pounds. My husband loves beer and we brew our own as well so it's a challenge. And then there's the snacks that go with the beer! And pub grub! :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    ICE CREAM! OMG I cannot resist it no matter what the flavor!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, followed closely by any other beer. I drank over a 1000 calories of it last night.

Whats funny is a friend of ours is on weight watchers, and there, you only count the carbs, not the calories in it, so for her, the same 210calorie beer is only 2 points because it's got 28 grams of carbs in it.

OMG - we live in Missouri and can't get Dogfish Head unless we do it mail order. If we could buy 60MIPA locally, we'd both weigh 500 pounds. My husband loves beer and we brew our own as well so it's a challenge. And then there's the snacks that go with the beer! And pub grub! :)

I live less than an hour from the brewery. The case I have now was bottled in February. Talk about fresh!
  • naturallyrandom
    naturallyrandom Posts: 13 Member
    Tostitos Multigrain scoops and Queso...I really can't have it in the house. I literally can devour a jar by myself if I'm not careful. And twelve tortilla chips is not enough. Now I only try to have it when it is being served at someone else's house. I know I will not over indulge at someone else house. lol
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    ice Cream
  • a39emm
    a39emm Posts: 14
    Potatoes but most specifically french fries. As a kid I would eat extra potatoes instead of dessert. I have learned how to control myself around potatoes for the most part but french fries are my weakness and my true love hahah
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Chocolate, wraps, artisan bread, sweets...
  • If the topic is asking, "What Food Is Your Kryptonite"?, then it's pizza and beer - the perfect food group!
  • Count me in for chocolate and ice cream.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    I love potatoes. Especially a baked russet white potato (or 2 of them) drowned in sour cream and butter. Or fast food French fries. Learning to enjoy a baked red potato with cottage cheese on top. Have avoided French fries for a few months now.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    black liqourice (salmiak). there's just no substitute for it. :3 everything else is replacable

other kryptonite is booze, if I drink it, I'll eat a LOT.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    old thread...but maybe someone wants to play?

peanut butter - nut and seed butters - dates - black liquorish - halva - 'healthy' but highly caloric cookie bars - scones - salted dark chocolate...oh - who am I kidding, I could go on and on...😜
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited March 2022
    Bread. Not sure why, but it's powerful. I try not to keep much of it in the house.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Cheese 😍
    All the carbs with cheese.
    Pizza, fries with cheese, cheese and crackers , fried stuff with cheese inside 🤣
    The list is endless.
    Pair that with wine and I'm in heaven and about 3 million calories over my allowance 🤣
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Pasta
    Peanut butter
    Cheese

Wait a sec...lemme just open the fridge. :)
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Sour Cream and Onion Lays.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Oh, I can finally post here as I bought some for my birthday: Lakrids by Buelow, A, B, C, D. Liquorice covered in chocolate with cocoa, coffee, salt and caramel, and white chocolate with passion fruit. I eat this so quickly that I'm glad I didn't buy big tubs. Sooooo good, but so unstoppable.