Anybody have any book sujestions? looking for something new.

Just finished a really good book and now im on to find the next just wondered what you all are reading and what you may perscribe :) I like action comedy romance mysteries that sort of thing.

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels? I love them. I've also been reading Tracers novels by Laura Griffin. They're mystery/suspense/romance type novels. I'm on the 3rd one right now.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    I absolutely love the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's a great book! Not too long though, as it's actually considered a teen-level book. Also I love Neil Shusterman....
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    The Parasol Protectorate series is silly, charming, and incredibly engaging. Fantasy/romance/comedy/alternate history. I devoured all five in three days total.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    The Executioner books are action novels that are a great series.
    Lisanne Norman has a series that is sci fi/fantasy related that you could look into, it starts with "Razors Edge"
    RA Salvatore if you're into fantasy, especially his Drizzt Do'Urden books.
    Madeleine L'Engle
    Anne McCaffery
    Barbara Cartland books are quick romance novels if you just want a quick read with a dreamy ending. She is definitely a classic haha.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    oh and James Patterson!!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    guns germs and steel. or anything about cultural or historical anthropology.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    try something by Clive Cussler
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Skinny Legs and All
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I am an avid reader and after a long string of stinkers I read "Water for Elephants" and thought it was darn near perfect. Not your preferred genre but I still recommend it.

I don't think it is out as an Ebook but "The Eight" by Katherine Neville is one of my all time favorites.

OP - What was the book that YOU just liked?
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    any of Debbie Macomber books
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    a dictionary helps at times *shrugs*
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    I absolutely love the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's a great book! Not too long though, as it's actually considered a teen-level book. Also I love Neil Shusterman....

Loved this book!
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Weight Loss Made Easy by Adrian Bryant
    He also has a great site called NowLoss.com

I recommend both. I love reading about fitness. I love getting fit.
  • Currently reading Game of Thrones. I am on book 4 of 5. It would be fantasy, I guess. There is an HBO series with the same name based on the books. The author is a little wordy and drawn out, but overall it is really good.

Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy! Really great futuristic love story type...but not overly lovey dovey!:happy:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Game of thrones. Excellent books, and will keep you occupied for a while!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Ugh, love the tv series of game of thrones, found the writing style in the books to be turgid and uninspiring.

I'm currently working my way through terry Pritchett- enjoying jingo at the moment.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    I just finished reading a book called, "Lullabies for little criminals". It's set in Montreal and written by a Canadian author. I couldn't put it down. It was a little dark at times, but there was a lot of parts where I LOL. It was very well written and I really enjoyed it.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Okay I have to recommend it to everyone but The Posterchildren by Kitty Burroughs.
    It comes out next month, but you can preorder it here: http://quipquipquip.tumblr.com/post/44853042074/the-posterchildren-book-and-print-pre-order-ganza
    and read the first chapter here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t782hj6m9l7sbiu/The Posterchildren: Part 1 .pdf

haha okay, as for more well known/actually published books...anything by Neal Shusterman I've enjoyed. The Kiesha'ra by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is really good. Divergent is good, but I haven't finished it yet. Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    If you are a David Foster Wallace fan, his new biography is wonderful: "Every Love Story is a Ghost Story".
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Tyranny of Cliches - Jonah Goldberg.