"CLEAN" sweets.

2»

Replies

• FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    I make protein balls with no sugar added peanut butter, agave inulin (it sweetens and adds fiber) and protein powder. They can be drizzled with dark chocolate for an added treat. They're delicious. Seriously good. So good that you should freeze most of them and just take out a couple at a time.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/pbproteinballs.htm << I adapted it from this-but, as I said, I use inulin in it. I use that in place of the artificial sweetener.

I don't know how "clean" protein powder is though...
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    I too have a nasty sweet tooth. Offer me a candy or a cookie and I'll eat the whole batch! For me the secret is: keep it out of the house!

Once you wean your body from the sugar it gets easier. A piece of fruit sometimes helps. My favourite treat is 1/3 cup (vegan) yogurt with 1/3 cup blueberries and 3-4 chopped walnut halves on top. You can add a Tblsp of chia seeds too if you want to up your fibre.

Or make a spinach salad with sliced fresh strawberries & toasted almond slices. I love the sweet strawberries in my meal.

Or find other snacks to replace the sugar. A wasa rye crisp with a little almond butter. Or a batch of Kale chips - they don't take long to make.

Good luck!
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    unsweetened dried fruits - I like unsweetened dried mango
    banana "ice cream"- frozen banana then put it in the blender and add whatever toppings you want.
  • Thanks! I'll look into this!
  • von100blue
    von100blue Posts: 9 Member
    bump must try this
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    I have an INSANE sweet tooth. Everything premade, packaged or in a coffee shop has either an insane amount of calories, or is made with white four, and white sugar, or sugar substitutes. Anything with honey, brown sugar, or agave isn't too bad, but I can't fins any recipes. Is there any CLEAN sweets recipes for cookies, cupcakes, cakes etc that aren't so horrible in the calorie dept? I''ve tried microvvaved protein "brownies/cakes/cookies" using baking powder and protein powder, and those were disgusting. Any help?

My suggestion would be to incorporate sweets that just have sugar/aren't clean, and manage to fit those into your diet while still hitting your goal numbers.

^^^^^This^^^^^

As long as it fits into your calories, carbs, proteins, fats--EAT IT!!!

Why do ppl keep referring to some foods as "clean"?:huh: Please dont call it clean unless you are seriously scrubbing it with soap and water.:laugh:
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    The recipe is vegan, so I feel like I should preface it with "don't expect it to taste like a full-fat cake made with eggs and butter". Here goes anyway:

One Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug

1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
    3 tablespoons white flour
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 stevia/splenda packet (or 1 tablespoon more sugar)
    2-3 tsp applesauce
    3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used soy milk)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-50 seconds (times vary). If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).

Clocks in at about 180 calories for one cake, so that's worth it to me.

I take no credit, but found it on http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com

Enjoy!
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    I have an INSANE sweet tooth. Everything premade, packaged or in a coffee shop has either an insane amount of calories, or is made with white four, and white sugar, or sugar substitutes. Anything with honey, brown sugar, or agave isn't too bad, but I can't fins any recipes. Is there any CLEAN sweets recipes for cookies, cupcakes, cakes etc that aren't so horrible in the calorie dept? I''ve tried microvvaved protein "brownies/cakes/cookies" using baking powder and protein powder, and those were disgusting. Any help?

My suggestion would be to incorporate sweets that just have sugar/aren't clean, and manage to fit those into your diet while still hitting your goal numbers.

^^^^^This^^^^^

As long as it fits into your calories, carbs, proteins, fats--EAT IT!!!

Why do ppl keep referring to some foods as "clean"?:huh: Please dont call it clean unless you are seriously scrubbing it with soap and water.:laugh:

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    My go to snack is natural peanut butter (16 grams or 1 Tbsp) on a carmel rice cake. 150 cals. The carmel rice cakes are just sweet enough to do the trick.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    I made these non-bake cookies that were pretty good once. Here's the recipe:

3 tbs Agave
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    30g (I think thats 1/2 cup) of oats
    88g (no idea how many cups) of almonds
    3 tbs (you can reduce this, I thought it was a little much) dark chocolate chips

** Edit to add that you put the oats and almonds in the blender to make a flour then add the vanilla and agave, and finally the chips. Refrigerate and roll into balls or bars, or just eat by the spoonful!

The whole recipe is about 1,000 calories and if you divide it into 10 little cookie balls it's 100 calories a cookie. It wasn't really worth the calories to me, but you may think otherwise. I would rather use Splenda and be able to have more of them but you seem to be trying to stay away from that. Anyway, hope this helps!
  • bump.. I'm two seconds away from licking my screen:)))
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    There are so many delicious treats that are clean - One of my most unhealthy, healthy snacks is cutting bananas into small slices, dipping in melted peanut butter and cocoa nibs, then freezing. So easy, so good!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Ah yes, chocolatecoveredkatie is amazing!! Her tofu pie is delicious and so guilt free.
  • You should totally check out CleanSweets.net Selling totally clean gluten free allergy friendly, all natural, fresh baked cookies, muffins and truffles and stuff
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    I am a chocolate fiend - especially around 2:30. I started bringing dried dates and dried cherries to work to have when I want chocolate and it works! They are super sweet. I am going to make these this weekend.

No-Bake Chocolate, Cherry and Almond Energy Bars
    Ingredients
    1½ cups pitted, dried dates
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/3 cup whole chia seeds
    1/4 cup hemp seeds
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    1/2 cup slivered almonds (unsalted)
    1/2 cup dried cherries
    optional: sprinkle of sea salt

Purée dates in food processor until a thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla and almond extracts. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add the almonds; pulse until nuts are well incorporated into date mixture. Stir in dried cherries.
    Spread large sheet of wax paper on work surface. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and press mixture into 1/2-inch-thick rectangle. If desired, you can even out the edges by trimming them with a knife. Wrap tightly in wax paper, and chill overnight.
    Unwrap block, and cut into 8 bars. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt (if using). Re-wrap each bar in wax paper and refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container.

Stawberries-1-92-682x1024.jpg
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    I mix coconut milk and/or almond milk with a tablespoon of chia seeds. Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes after giving it a stir. It turns into a thick sort of cream that tastes like pudding to me. Drizzle some honey or maple syrup if you want it even sweeter :-)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Frozen banana ice cream with your choice of extract