How in the world is everyone staying so calm..

13»

Replies

• spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Only part of it was written by Martin. According to SNL a lot of it was also written by a 13-year old. Jus sayin.

Ha! :) I enjoyed the books and the first season of the show, but season 2 really deserved that SNL digital short.

http://gawker.com/5902076/
  • spud_chick
    Because Dr Who starts two days earlier and that's WAY more important!

Yes to Dr Who! Can't wait!!!

thriced!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Arrrggh... this is the ONE show I miss right now with not having cable. Season one was AWESOME and I've read all the books except the most recent.. waiting on that one to come out in paperback. I'll have to buy them on DVD and watch them since it's probably going to be a long while before I have cable again (if ever, it's such a freaking money sucker, especially with HBO).
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    I can't wait!

tumblr_miqguy2bB61r1kblco1_500.gif
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    We don't have HBO so we always have to wait for the discs to come out - we JUST finished Season 2 last week. But I love it - such a great show.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Haven't watched it. Read the books, wasn't impressed. Anyone calling the author the new Tolkien needs to be pimp slapped with a gloved hand.

The books are absolutely terrible, and I can't understand how any healthy adult could enjoy them.

The show is fairly entertaining, but I *really* can't wait to see Joffrey and Cersei meet a horrible end.
  • spud_chick
    Haven't watched it. Read the books, wasn't impressed. Anyone calling the author the new Tolkien needs to be pimp slapped with a gloved hand.

The books are absolutely terrible, and I can't understand how any healthy adult could enjoy them.

The show is fairly entertaining, but I *really* can't wait to see Joffrey and Cersei meet a horrible end.

Edit:

You know what, never mind.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    What is the big appeal to the show? I watched the first episode and wasn't impressed...is it one of those "you have to watch the first season to get into it" shows?
  • spud_chick
    What is the big appeal to the show? I watched the first episode and wasn't impressed...is it one of those "you have to watch the first season to get into it" shows?

You'd probably know after the first episode if it's for you or not. Nothing pleases everyone.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    I never see anything when it comes on because I can't afford cable. Oh well. I do have netflix, so I'll just catch up later. :)

Game of Thrones = The Most Pirated TV Show in History, that's according to the entertaiment industry stats, not me.

HBO won't let HULU or Netflix or anyone else have the show (for now anyways) just google it, don't take my word for it. So everyone has to wait until it comes out on HBO.

Trust me I'd just hit tunlr.net and then go to hulu.com and watch it... but I can't because afaik it's still only HBO's baby.

I love, love, love GoT. Read the books, stalked the forums, and watched the first 2 seasons religiously.

But, we decided to get rid of satellite. So, I'll be watching Season 3 about this time next year :sad: .
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    aaaah i have to miss it!! im in Asia and noooo one i know here even knows what it is!! im going craaay
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    edit to double post
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    I started watching it when it first came out and realised I'd read the first book but lost track due to studies. Hubby kindly bought me the box set so working may way through the first series and just finished the second book.

i like the fact it does stick quite closely to the books but is very grown so can only watch when kids are in bed.

Going to record third series and then when Uni is finished going to have a GofT marathon session.
  • 2pupsmama
    2pupsmama Posts: 77

I don't believe I've ever said this about a book- series or book-movie, but the show is BETTER than the books and I am another who can't wait for the start next week.

Edit:

• spud_chick

I don't believe I've ever said this about a book- series or book-movie, but the show is BETTER than the books and I am another who can't wait for the start next week.

Edit:

Just for clarity, I DID say this (in lieu of deleting my post which you can't do):
    Edit:

But did NOT say this:

I am not sure who is being quoted in the latter, but it is not an opinion I share, which of course is fine. Just clearing up the misleading quote blocks.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Squeeeeee! Squeee squeee squeeeeeee!!! I need my Tyrion.

I just saw that actor in a movie on Netflix...I think it was Death at a Funeral.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member

Can I get an Amen! The first book was rough, the second drew me in, liked the 3rd and it all went down hill from there.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member

I just saw that actor in a movie on Netflix...I think it was Death at a Funeral.

LOVE him, check him out in The Station Agent, fantastic.
  • spud_chick

Peter Dinklage is SO GOOD. He's the reason I wanted to try the HBO series, as I'd never read or even heard of the books before that. I first fell in love with him in The Station Agent. Slow-paced film but I really liked it. He was born to play Tyrion.