What is for easter dinner?

cheddar2000
cheddar2000 Posts: 43 Member
I am making easter dinner for myself and my grown children. This year (well starting with last Thanksgiving) I have been healthy enough to make big dinners again after losting 100 lbs with MFP). And they are enjoying the wholesome cooking and their energetic Mom. So here is my list with sudo recipes. Sorry I eyeball everything!

Uncured ham cooked about 1 hour in oven for 350 with only cloves a a bit of water to keep from drying

Mashed yams with cinnamon to taste and a little bit maybe 2 tbls. olivio light

steamed broccoli they can put olivio light on their own to taste

steamed asparagus wonderful just plain

stuffed mushrooms with sauted in olive oil kale, onions, garlic, mixed with asiago cheese then baked while the ham is still cooking until soft

Kids are having a pie for desert but I am cooking apples into apple sauce (skin on) in the crock pot with some cinnamon and it makes the house smell great

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Glazed ham
    mashed potatoes
    carrots
    green beans
    rolls

Also we are making cream cheese sugar cookies that we will cut into Easter shapes and decorate.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    It's baked chicken here. I'm big on healthy versions of comfort food so we'll have green bean casserole that I've modified, carrots, sweet potato, baked potatoes, whole grain stuffing and yes even dinner rolls. I don't believe in denying myself so I go for a morning walk on holidays in case later I do want dessert or a glass of wine.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Standing rib roast, parsley potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, broccolli and cheese, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, green salad and rolls. I will have a little of everything and a big salad.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    We have to go to my parents for lunch tomorrow, and my mom is making turkey with cornbread dressing and I'm not sure what else. I will definitely need control to eat in moderation. Then tomorrow night I'm cooking for my own family since my husband has to work until 7pm. I've got ham, mashed potatoes, green beans and mac n cheese. Again....I will have to eat in moderation.
  • scottRN
    scottRN Posts: 14 Member
    Ham
    Green Bean Casserole
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Deviled Eggs
  • MsGoblin
    MsGoblin Posts: 25 Member
    Glazed ham
    Roasted red potatoes
    Sugar snap peas
    Salad
    Cranberry sauce
    Lemon coconut cake
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Chinese food
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    ITALIAN!

all homemade
    Lasagna
    eggplant parm
    garlic bread
    mixed greens salad.
    dessert is going to be a tiramisu style cake. :)
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    My husband is cooking: Ham,macaroni salad,deviled eggs,baked beans, sweet potato casserole, apple pie
    Gotta love him he asked how I was going to be on calories I'm going to try and exercise a whole lot more and just eat a little. :wink:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Having my mom and stepdad over for Easter (my other siblings live far away and can't make it for Easter). Doing most of the cooking and we are having oven baked chicken seasoned with italian seasoning, roasted red potatoes coated in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt, a sweet potato casserole, and baby spinach sauteed with butter, garlic, and sea salt. Dessert will be easter candy and a GF buttermilk pie I am making tonight. Also we will all likely have a glass of wine with dinner.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    see my profile
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    spaghetti carbonara
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    7 of us for dinner:

Starter: Prawns, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber

Main: Goose, gammon, (vegetable burger for me), stuffing, roast spuds, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots, gravy

Dessert: Trifle, hot cross pudding (like bread & butter pudding but use hot x buns)

Drinks: Cider, Shloer

Yes.....I will be over, but I'll log it all

Have a good one y'all! :heart:
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Roast Lamb - debating a sweet maple glaze/gravy
    Mashed potatoes
    Mixed Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, courgette, green beans)
    Yorkshire Puddings

Dessert: Cadbury's Creme Eggs, maybe two of them
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I'm taking my niece Mel out to Red Lobster. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. My family does not celebrate Easter.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Completely off topic but Vicki the dog in your profile pic is gorgeous
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Minted Lamb castles, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips with honey, spring greens, Yorkshire pudding and gravy! 1000 calories of yum!. :-)
  • AmythistRae
    AmythistRae Posts: 107
    Ham
    Stuffed chicken with a spelt bread homemade stuffing
    mashed turnip
    asparagus
    mashed cawliflower
    maple walnut apples
    crust less pumpkin pie
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    going to my inlaws where veggies are NEVER served, I will have to have my lunch jammed full of veggies to make up for it.

we are having turkey, ham, scalloped potatoes, backed beans, and a ton of other unhealthy crap....

I plan on sticking with the turkey (no gravy) and a bit of beans and potatoes and hope to god she gets a veggie tray so I can fill up on that.

Tomorrow evening will be a dietary wasteland.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    7 of us for dinner:

Starter: Prawns, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber

Main: Goose, gammon, (vegetable burger for me), stuffing, roast spuds, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots, gravy

Dessert: Trifle, hot cross pudding (like bread & butter pudding but use hot x buns)

Drinks: Cider, Shloer

Yes.....I will be over, but I'll log it all

Have a good one y'all! :heart:

holy crap can I come to your house!?!?!?!?