Runners: Where to put phone?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    For short runs I have a SPI belt (and I added a Nathan's pocket)... I carry my phone, house key, ID, and dog mace (lots of crazy dogs in my neighborhood).
    For long runs, I have a Nathan belt with water bottles so I carry the above plus water.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I have a Samsung S3 (armband NOT an option LOL) and I'm going to be ditching my jacket soon. Any thoughts on where to keep it? Not taking it is NOT an option because I use the C25K app to know when to walk/run. I also use Endomondo fitness tracker, and finally all my songs are on it. Please keep in mind I'll have earbuds to contend with as well :) TIA

sports bra - that's where mine goes.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Bra
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    I put my Blackberry Z10 in a small snack size zip lock bag.

Put the zip lock bag in my Camelbak. For shorter runs, I place it in my fuel belt alongside my supplements.

Dry and safe.

Cheers,
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Www.flipbelt.com works great!
  • johnp1732
    johnp1732 Posts: 32 Member
    I can't believe it hasn't been said yet...

Oh to be a phone for some of the posters here.

was that wrong?
  • tzur21
    tzur21 Posts: 29
    bondi bands

They make head bands, but they also make a great arm band that fits anything! I love it
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I got a strap to hold mine at ****'s Sporting Goods.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.

Me too!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Amphipod hydration belt. You can customize it with bags for your food or phone, clips for your water bottles, clips for your race bibs, etc. I have several accessories which I put on depending on the length of my run. This belt NEVER slides or bounces. I aboslutely love it.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Make sure your shorts have pockets or an alternative is a belt of some sort with a pouch!!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    I'm a dork... fanny pack.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.

Me too!

I usually carry a bottle of water in hand. I do have one free but the water is annoying to carry as is.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    I carry mine, but you can run it from a fanny pack.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    I just hold mine in my hand.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    10106812-mini-running-belt-by-ifitness.jpg
    trailmix(1).jpg
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Why isn't an arm band an option? I have the same type phone and I buy the universal arm band from WalMart...I will mention I had to sew on some extra Velcro because my arm isn't big enough....

Oh also to note - is that I did see a clip for the same type phone for you pants...I was thinking of getting that for summer to keep from getting the big ol white mark on my arm. But I think they wanted $60 for it....which is why I bought the el cheapo one at WalMart for my arm.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    There is a nice belt/pants clip for the S3 sold at best buy, i think it is made by Platinum or something
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I stick mine in my sports bra. This has ruined more than a few phones though.

After I ruined my phone and my ipod, I bought a small bag I can wear diagonally across my chest like messenger bag style. I got it at dunhams for like 15 bucks. The strap is adjustable, so it doesn't bug me and bounce.
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    I wear a north face stow n go sports bra. I have 3 and I love them. pricey but I have had 2 of them for years and they work great for holding an iphone and a key!