2012 52 5/7 Challenge

1535455565759»

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    sorry I have'nt been making here.. I have been getting the workouts in! I belong in a 13 week challenge and boy did they crank it up a notch... so many points to rememebr to get in.. it has been tough keeping track of everything.

I am proud of myself.. I am working on my 11th week of actually sticking to a program. I think it helped that I took measurements this time around.. because I still have only lost about 5 pounds in that time period.. but I am losing inches.. so I assume that the weight will eventually have to drop too??? But seeing the inches has kept me motivatied... before I would stop 8 weeks in when the scale didnt budge... so Yay! Good for me!
    3/7 this week so far.. with a tough 90 minute Sunday and 1 planned again for today! I better get on it!!
    Keep it up ladies!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think that we must be a busy crew!!! I ended last week at 3/7 with a 5 mile run on Thursday morning.

So far this week I'm 1/7 with a 9 mile run yesterday. Was planning to get up for strength training this morning, but the baby had bad night so I was too tired, and I was also pretty sore from the 9 mile run. Planning 3 mile run tomorrow morning.

Happy Monday all!!
  • makeitallsue
    Hey Heather!! You are doing great with the runs... wish I could be better about that.. I absolutely dread it! This week I am running just 1 mile every other day... trying tostart slow... I think it is so weird... I don't mind doing boot camp like drills, or HIIT trianing.. but whne I htnk about running for a long period... I dread just getting the shoes on????? Crazy!
    I ended last week 6/7... this week so far 2/7. I have been lifting a lot more weights..Week 11 I believe... yay!!

Life is like a camera, Focus on what’s important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, And if things don’t turn out, Take another shot! ~Anon
  • wanna_be_fit
    Great job with the 6/7 Debra! I don't always really WANT to run, but I know that I have to if I want to be ready for the half next month!

So far this week:

1/7 Sunday with a 9 mile run
    2/7 Tuesday with 3 mile run
    3/7 this morning with a 5 mile treadmill run.

Saturday I will be at 4/7 with a mud run obstacle course with some colleagues--should be interesting!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Great job with the 6/7 Debra! I don't always really WANT to run, but I know that I have to if I want to be ready for the half next month!

So far this week:

1/7 Sunday with a 9 mile run
    2/7 Tuesday with 3 mile run
    3/7 this morning with a 5 mile treadmill run.

Saturday I will be at 4/7 with a mud run obstacle course with some colleagues--should be interesting!!!
    Sounds like FUN Heather... can't wait to hear about it... hope you are taking pictures!!!
    Finshed 6/7 again for the week. Lots of core work and weight training!! Plus some running... did beat my PB by 40 seconds :)
  • wanna_be_fit
    I finished the week at 4/7 with the mud run. Thankfully it was too cold for them to make some of the obstacles muddy, so instead they were dirt pits. I did manage to get fairly dirty though--and burned calories and had fun in the process!!

1/7 yesterday with a 10 mile run on the treadmill. The weather here was rainy and chilly so I didn't really have a choice. I would MUCH prefer to run that distance outdoors. Fortunately I have a TV and DVD player in my gym so I was able to watch an entire movied while I was running to keep myself from getting totally bored.

Today is a rest day, but I've got a 4 mile run planned for tomorrow morning. Hope you're doing well and keep up the great work!!! Six workouts per week is amazing!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    2/7 with a 4 mile run this morning.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Wow, I guess we are some busy ladies and not having the time to check in!

Here's the rest of last week:
    3/7 Friday with a 4 mile run
    4/7 Saturday with an 11 mile run

This week I was 1/7 yesterday with a 3 mile run and planning to run tomorrow before work.

happy Monday, hope you had a great Easter!
  • wanna_be_fit
    2/7 with a 4 mile run this morning
  • makeitallsue
    sorry Heather... I have not posted here in a while! I have been involved in some challenges that involve points and checking in a few times a day and it has kept me biusier than I thought it would, but very motivating!
    When is your race? That is coming up right? I know you did one recently.. but I thought you had another one planned?
    I am doing well with exercise.. finished last week again 6/7 and this week I am going hard 3/7, and I have one planned for later today after the grandkids leave. Spring break here. and I woke up with a head cold yesterday... probably because the weather is NOT at ALL Spring like!

We had to replace a water heater Easter Sunday :(
    My son went to Church with his girlfriends family, my daughter had to work and my oldest daughter had plans with her inlaws... so I watched church service from my recliner.... :noway: :ohwell:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Ugh, I'm sure replacing a water heater on Easter Sunday was NOT on your list of things you'd want to do! Great job on keeping up the awesome burns--you've had some really great numbers lately!!!

So I ended last week at 4/7. Friday was a 5 mile treadmill run and Saturday was a 3 mile treadmill run.

This week I'm 1/7 with a 12 mile run yesterday. My race is just a few weeks away (4/28), so now I get to start tapering down on my mileage. The race has been a good motivation factor but I'll be glad when it is over!!!

Hope you're doing well, and I hope Missou is okay out there!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Was struck down with the stomach bug so only one workout last week. :( Hope to be back at it tomorrow morning!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    No run this morning. :( Was up past midnight prepping walls with hubby so that painter could get started today. At least wine made that a more enjoyable process! :)
  • wanna_be_fit
    Been awhile since I checked in. Ran 8.5 miles on Sunday, ran 3 on Tuesday and planning 3 tomorrow. Half marathon on Sunday, woo hoo!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Meant to also say that I hope everyone is doing well, I know Debra is busy with other challenges, but haven't heard from Missou lately.
  • makeitallsue
    Hey Heather!!
    Lost my laptop for about 10 days... and then I up dated my phone and had all sorts of heart ache!

I am still hanging in there! Workingout 6 days a week with one day of rest.. I wish I could say the weight is melting off of me.. but I am still struggling with the amount of food to eat to see results.. sigh!

Was down this week with a migraine.. but feeling lots better today!
    Have a great weekend!

Good luck with your half this weekend.. that is so awesome!