Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    hey cathe fans... i've come here before to ask questions on my first sts rotation... well, I'm back! I wonder if any of you will add me as a mfp "friend"... i love working out and esp to anything cathe has... preordered her new workouts last week and also the DOD which was high reps... hope to hear from some of you!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA, just so so busy at work. I'm hoping that this slows down a bit. I have been waffling about what workouts I want to do. I need something that will keep my interest with getting back into the swing of things. I decided that Phase 1 of Jillian's Body Revolution might be the best place to start, so I did the first workout on Saturday. Felt really good, and I will be upping the weights on some of the exercises. But I think it was a good place to start for my endurance level. :wink: Feeling really good, and I did have the Echo done. I still have a heart murmur, so that has not changed. :laugh: Really the valve has not changed since my 20's so that was very encouraging.

Laurel, Can't believe that you and Tami have finshed your XTrain rotation! I would just like to get back into working out, that is the hardest thing after being off for so long. :wink:

Tami, I will have to look back at the post to see what new rotation you both are going to try next. :wink: Sounds like you are looking forward to it, since you include the double trouble. :laugh:

Will be checking out the posts I have missed when I get the chance. Another busy day ahead of me. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Good Morning Ladies,

On Friday we had a small viewing and graveside service for my FIL Marshall and it was a simple and beautiful service with numerous siblings, nieces,cousins, etc. My husband did a great job and although he did break down at one point during his speech it was a heartfelt and uplifting message from a son to his father:cry: My MIL will stay with us until next week then my husband will drive her back as her leave ends this weekend. So far she has been a steady rock throughout everything and I hope that she is able to grieve in the coming weeks ahead. This morning it was KCM wo#2 and yes I still have DOMS from last week's workout although I ran the day after..ooh my glute saddle region:bigsmile: I'm working today my usual prgram and then it is off to the hairdresser, hopefully she will get me out quicker than she did the last time:grumble: I finished packing last night so besides some anxiousness I'm ready to depart on Wednesday.

I will do individual checks later..Happy April Fools day!:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a good Easter. Saturday was my usual day off working out. Yesterday I didn't have much time to get a workout in because we were headed to Denver in the morning to spend the day with my sisters....which was great fun. But I did knock out Afterburn before heading out the door. Today was my first 'free' day of workouts since finishing XTrain. I started with Step Moves and finished with Double Trouble premix of XT Chest, Back and Shoulders. Good stuff!!

Michelle, I can't imagine how you are getting everything done right now. I am amazed you continue to workout with everything you've got going on. I'm glad to hear your MIL is doing all right but, as you said, she will hopefully take some time to grieve too. I can't believe you are off on Wednesday!! How exciting!!

Tami, thank YOU for doing XTrain with me!!!! It really was a fun rotation. Now it's time to look forward to something else. I did read Cathe's newsletter this morning and saw her Get Into Shape for Summer rotation news! I decided not to take a look because I really do want to do something with P90X/X2 again, and I know if I look at her rotations, Tony Horton will get tossed to the side. :tongue:

Laurie, I guess that is good news from the Echo. At least nothing has changed, and that is a positive. I understand about trying to find a place back working out where you feel comfortable yet challenged. I hope these Jillian workouts are it for you! Glad you hear you are feeling good. I hope that means you are well down the road to full recovery!

msperkey, good to see you again! I, too, have preordered Cathe's new workouts. They look like they are going to be alot of fun!

jaz, STS is set up into what Cathe calls three mesocycles focusing on different aspects of strength training: endurance, hypertrophy (strength) and muscle building. I think it is somewhat similar to Chalean Extreme, though I haven't done that program. But you go from lower weight/higher reps to heavy weights/low reps by the end. XTrain is kind of a blend of programs, to be honest. Cathe calls it an 'undulating periodization' program, which focuses more on variety in strength training to 'shock' the muscles. For instance, one day you'll do endurance, the next heavy, etc....which is unlike programs like Chalean Extreme and STS which are more linear. So in tems of strength training, you are doing the same workouts throughout, just changing the order in which they are done. As far as cardio goes, it is a blend. Some workouts you do almost every week (Hard Strikes comes to mind). Others you do in the beginning more than the end (Low Impact HiiT). Others you don't start until mid-way through (Tabatacise) and with that one you are given options for how intense you want it to be depending on how you are progressing. So it really is a mix of every type of training if I'm being perfectly honest. Lots and lots of variety.

Erika, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Thanks Laurel.
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! :smile:
    Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend. Mine was very quiet with just DH and I but it was beautiful weather so I was able to get in some good walks with the pups. :wink: Sat a.m. I went to Spinning. The rest of the day was a toughie, my BFF had to put her cat down and asked me to go with her. So it was that and time at her house for a while and lunch. Whatever she needed I was there. So sad. Yesterday I decided to have a complete REST day. DH was a little surprised, ok shocked! :laugh: Today is Boot Camp and another beautiful, warm day so I’m positive she will have us run outside. Tomorrow a.m. starts the “new” rotation. :bigsmile:

Laurie: Great that you are finding some workouts to ease back into the routine of it and enjoying them! :smile: That can be tough when you’ve been away from it for a little bit to not have the dread factor or putting yourself right into daily DOMs. LOL Good on ya for keeping at it and great news on the heart murmur not changing as well. :wink: I am going to be doing Cathe’s Feb 2013 rotation, which is some XTrain & Cross Fire with To The Max mixed in as well. After that I plan on starting up P90X2.

Michelle: You are an amazing woman! So amazing that you are getting in some workouts during this challenging & busy time. Good on ya lady! :flowerforyou: I hope your MIL gets the time and peace she needs when it is right for her. So hard, I can imagine the tears.

Laurel: Nice combo today!:bigsmile: I bet it felt amazing, again some serious time put into that combo, great job.:noway: I had to force myself to take a REST day yesterday ….. :laugh: But in all honesty, I had wrote down to do AfterBurn, (Just telling you that because we often think so much alike :blushing: :laugh: ). I will peak at that rotation but I also need to stick to my date with Tony & X2! :wink:

MsPerkey: Hello! :bigsmile: I friend requested you on here. Thanks for stopping in. I have also pre-ordered the new Cathe workouts! Yahoo :drinker: I’m pretty sure anything Cathe puts out I will purchase. Lots of fun and great variety. Anxious to try those leg workouts.

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Wowsa, you all have been very busy while I've been MIA!!! :laugh: I had a great long weekend with the boys, but was excited to get back to work, as they were getting a little bored! Workouts have been amazing...I've really been pushing myself, and loving the results. I'm especially loving the Les Mills Combat workouts. They remind me of Insanity in some of them, but not an hour of it. They are for the most part around 30 minutes, which I love!

Michelle--I'm glad to hear the service for your FIL was nice, and sounds like your hubby did a great job, esp. with the speech! :flowerforyou: I hope your MIL is able to grieve when it's right for her, and move forward when she's ready. I don't know how you are keeping up with everything that's been going on lately, but that's just the rockstar mom/wife in you shining! :bigsmile: Nice work on burning out those muscles! :laugh:

Tami--Great work on finishing up the XTrain rotation...that sure did go fast!:tongue: It sounds like your weekend was nice with the warmer weather and time with your hubby. Oh, and a complete REST day too! :laugh: What's that??!?! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Yay on completing the XTrain rotation! I bet you are already drumming up a new rotation for yourself! :bigsmile: I don't know how you push through those double trouble workouts...man, I would be down and out for days! :laugh:

Laurie--I'm glad to hear the Echo showed no changes, and you continue to feel better. I think the Jillian workouts are probably the perfect fit for getting back into the groove. You forgot to warn me that some of those Combat workouts were super tough! I got the Warrior workouts and the upper and lower body ones were killer! But, I'll be going back for more! :laugh:

Alright, back to work. Have an awesome day!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Workout 2 of BR was completed last night. This one was a bit easier than the first one. I like that I can go heavy on the weights since she has a good pace in these workouts. Not something that she usually does in her workouts. I like how she did one of the bicep moves.

Michelle, It is nice that you are there for your DH and his mother. I'm sure that she is doing so well just because of having the family by her. :wink: You sure do like to get those glutes worked. :wink:

Laurel, Sounds like some great workouts. I'm guessing that Tony put a good rotation together for P90X/X2? I would think that he had some kind of plan for that one. :wink: I hope I'm on the road to recovery. I have to go in to have a blood draw today, so that they can see where my iron level is at. I don't think it is back to "normal" levels yet, but I'm hoping it is improving. :wink:

Tami, So sorry to hear about your friends cat. It is so hard to lose a family pet. I'm ready to have some of those nice warm days. :laugh: It was in the 20's this morning, and I don't think that it is suppose to get to much warmer. Looks like you have some great plans ahead of you for workouts. :wink: I do have a few DOMS, and I like it. :laugh:

Erika, I can't wait to get back into doing some tougher workouts. I think that Jillian will do the job for sure.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another fun workout today. I started with Kick, Punch and Crunch, which, as you know, has long been a fave. Then in keeping in line with the whole double trouble theme I've started on, I did Legs and Glutes Extreme premix workout. Tough stuff....but fun!

Tami, I'm glad you took a day off on Sunday! I bet your body enjoyed it. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's cat. I'm glad you were there for her. Not something that would have been good to experience alone. I must admit, I peaked at Cathe's April rotation. It looks good! But I'm sticking with my plans!!

Erika, good to see you! I'm glad you are enjoying your workouts. About these double troubles, I think I will only do two weeks of this, then do a lighter week before starting my next rotation, which will be a combo of P90X and X2. Definitely don't want to keep up with these long workouts for TOO long! But it feels good right now to be able to take the time to do some longer, tougher workouts.

Laurie, good job with the workouts! I'm glad you are enjoying them. Hope the blood test goes well. Regarding P90X/X2, I've looked for a hybrid from Tony, but haven't found one. He did a hybrid for X2 and Asylum, but not with P90X. There are quite a few suggestions on the internet, though. But I think I'm going to make up my own rotation. It seems that alot of people (guys :tongue: ) who developed the hybrid rotations were focusing on the strength aspects of both programs, and I really want to incorporate more of the balance aspect included in X2. So I'm going to see what I can come up with!!

Michelle, hope you are excited about your upcoming trip! Bon Voyage and have fun!! :flowerforyou:

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ So when I said I was sure we would run outside for BootCamp, I was correct. :huh: The entire class was outside, ALL running. What?!? No stations at all to go back to or do. So we started it off with 2 laps around the facility for our warm-up, then we moved into a neighboring business parking lot for a serious set of lines (we used the parking lot lines the entire length of the parking lot) then we jogged over to the hospital, did planks/inch worms on the grass outside the parking garage, then ran the stairs in the parking garage, top to bottom … TWICE. Then we went up to the roof and ran the length of the roof back and forth, walking lunges back & forth and more running. Ummmm not my favorite but I survived! :laugh: :tongue: This a.m. was Tabatacise, which felt good after a good night’s sleep actually. Tonight will be Insane-X. :wink:

Erika: Sounds like you had a fabulous time off and that’s awesome to hear you are enjoying Combat so much!:drinker: Yahoo I know, XT went super fast, can’t believe it. Lots of fun forsure. Can I just say it’s so great that you actually look forward to going back to work after your time off …:smile:

Laurie: Great job with #2 of BR and it’s awesome you are able to go heavier in the weights! :smile: I bet you are anxiously awaiting some nice spring like days. We have nice temps and good days but into the weekend not so much. Back to cloudy/rain. So I appreciate the sunshine when we have it.

Laurel: You need to call the rotation you have going right now "April Double Trouble 2013" Holy legs today! :laugh: Nice work. OK, I peaked too and it does look really good. I decided to also stick with my plan as well, it’s kind of similar to what I’m doing. This is a nice mixture of workouts before starting up with X2. Speaking of which, is the format easy to just put the DVD in and go on X2? I’ll need to take a peek into the box and see the guide book/rotation, etc. I’m going to make notes from your suggestions before about using one for the other on those bonus workouts.

Michelle: Have a fantastic trip! Can’t wait to hear all about it.:flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I did JMBR's Cardio 1 workout, and I really liked it. She did eight different exercises, and then repeated it two more times. This is one workout that you would be able to make some of the exercises a lot harder. There where people that said this phase wasn't tough enough, but I think you can make it tougher by just moving in a different way. :wink: While I was working out my oldest called to tell me that she has a job interview on Thursday at the business Frontline. I'm hoping that she gets the job, because she does need the experience. :wink:

Laurel, Two really tough workouts, so that does keep with the double trouble theme! :bigsmile: Can't believe that you followed KPC with LG Extreme! :noway: I have seen some of those hybrid rotations, and totally agree with you on the weight intensive work. Maybe the one that you come up with can be published. :wink: Are you going to add a few Insanity workouts into your rotation also?

Tami, Wow what a workout! That probably wouldn't have been my favorite either, sure am not a fan of those line things. Had to do them all the time in volleyball and basketball. :tongue: So really do have a hate relationship with those. She must just scope out the whole neighborhood to find the toughest workouts for all of you. :wink: I was looking at some of the threads here on MFP about BR, and I'm lifing way heavier than most everyone else. I'm really happy that my strength didn't get depleated from this health bump. :wink: I'm enjoying the sunshine also, almost feel like a reptile sometimes. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! More Double Trouble today! :tongue: Actually, I started by keeping a promise to myself, and that was to do Cathe's LIS Low Impact Challenge (the step workout from the LIS series) again this week. I am SO close to mastering the choreography (finally!). One more try and I think I'll be good. I did the addtional step bonus at the end, and it felt good. Then on to Double Trouble.....my own premix of XTrain Bi's and Tri's. LOVE this!! I felt so strong today. I actually think these few double trouble strength workouts are really working!! My body feels them, so I know I can't do them too long. But it makes for a nice challenge right now.

Tami, yikes on the bootcamp!! That would have me wishing for rain....or snow. :noway: :wink: But I'm glad you survived. I don't think it would have been my favorite workout either, but I bet it challenged you in new ways. Regarding X2, it is pretty easy to just push and play. Don't let the long warm-up make you toss the DVD out though!! Just be warned, and remember it took me weeks to get used to the warm up. But once I did, I looked forward to it. :huh: I pulled out my calendar from when I did X2 last summer to remind myself what I did to change it up as I prepare for my new rotation, so if you have any questions (especially about the substitutions I did in the second phase with the bonus workouts), I should have some fresher answers than I would have if I hadn't peaked at my calendar. Now I remember why I write my workouts down! :ohwell:

Laurie, great job with the workout!! I'm glad you are enjoying these Jillian workouts. I think it sounds like a perfect place to start back, especially if you can make the workouts as hard as you need but they aren't too hard if you aren't feeling it. I don't know if I'll publish my rotation because it may make some people go :noway: as I plan on doubling up some X2 and P90X workouts on the same day. :laugh: But because the focus is so different in some of the workouts, I don't see a reason not to do it. I'm not planning on adding Insanity into the rotation. I think that might be too much. I remember doing that P90X/Insanity rotation (where I did complete rotations of both simultaneously) two years ago, and it just about did me in. And I'm two years older now!! But I am going to look at these Tapout workouts and see if I can't incorporate those. That will give me something new to work on while I'm redoing the P90X/X2 stuff. We'll see how that goes. I'll probably throw some good Cathe cardio in too for good measure!

Michelle, enjoy your trip!!

Erika, hope you are well!

I will be gone tomorrow (early morning meeting followed by a hair appointment) so see you Friday!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X along with a lot of running, lines & burpees! :wink: Becoming the usual format right?!? Today was XT: Chest/Back/Shoulders, really like this workout. Tonight will be Spinning, looking forward to the relaxation of Spinning :laugh:

Laurie: Nice job with your workout! :drinker: So great to know you are back in it and enjoying these JM workouts right now. It is perfect that you can make it more challenging if need be or not. Again, it is so great that your strength is still there. I’m sure it has everything to do with years of working out! Good confirmation for you that you are doing good things.:wink: That’s exciting for your DD and best of luck for her interview on Thurs! I know what you mean on the “running lines” from years of sports as well. As soon as she says get on the back line I can feel my heart speed up. :huh: :laugh:

Laurel: Nice work AGAIN and good on ya for battling through the choreography again.:bigsmile: That’s awesome that you have it pretty much mastered. I would still be at it several more times:blushing: I bet you are really loving that feeling of the dbl-trbl burn. I know for me it has been the best for “feeling” the burn when I have done those! YES on the silent wish for a downpour every Monday evening now! :ohwell: She will find an alternate method to torture us I’m sure …. Inside the gym and stairs. But for some reason that sounds better than the hard pavement, running around town & several flights of stairs in a parking garage! OY Thank you for that on X2. I will definitely be asking as I prepare or perhaps through the rotation, going into that phase for substitutions.

Hope you are all having a great day ~ until tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well I didn't workout yesterday. I had an unusual night alone with DH, so we went out to dinner and then caught up on some tv shows while snuggling on the couch. :wink: I plan on doing Workout 1 tonight, and then workout 2 and Cardio 1 tomorrow. My blood levels are improving, so that is probably why I'm feeling better with the workouts. :wink: Have to go back in a month to get retested.

DD and I have dentist appointments tomorrow, so I just thought it would be wise to take off work. Plus DH is leaving for a conference in Vegas. :huh: He better not tell me how warm it is there. :laugh:

Laurel, Have a good day today! Doesn't that make you feel accomplished when you get the choro down. :wink: Even on kickboxing workouts I feel that way when I finally get a move that has been elusive. I think you are wise not to include Insanity into that mix, but of course you can't leave out Cathe. :wink: What a great DT workout!

Tami, More lines! :tongue: Since I have more time tomorrow, I'm going to see how I do with a whole hour workout. I think I will be fine, because I'm not usually tired after doing one of these 30 min. workouts. :wink: I was surprised at how much fun Jillian was having in that cardio workout. She was laughing, but encouraging. Guess she is learning that she doesn't have to be hard nosed all the time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Great spin class last night, it was hills, hills and more hills. Today was HardStrkes and no workout tonight because I’m getting my hair prettied! Yahoo:bigsmile:

Laurie: Sounds like a perfect evening with DH! :smile: That’s great you were able to have a nice quality evening at home with him before his trip. That’s worth a “miss” on the workout! Great to hear your blood levels are improving & again that you are feeling the difference as well; feeling stronger! Fingers crossed that your dentist appt goes well. I know you have anxiety about those (as most of us do:ohwell: ) so hopefully nothing but good news for you there! It will be good to see how you feel after a longer workout, I’m sure if you are feeling just fine with the 30 you won’t have any problems. There is always the “pause” button if you need it! :wink:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good Evening!!

Great workouts the last couple of nights...esp. last night where I got to weed out a couple more DVD's. They already have bids on them on Ebay too! :bigsmile: I made over $100 last month selling off a few DVD's, so I'm excited to clear more out! Tonight was a busy night, so just a short workout...Jessica Smith's Tabata (x2) from her Cardio Abs DVD. LOVE her!

Tami--Ok, so your InsaneX and Bootcamp classes sound so much up my alley, I'm actually considering a move there just to attend the classes! :laugh: Seriously, I LOVE running sprints, lines, stairs, hills...can't get enough of it. The boys and I actually make up lines to run in the park behind our house in the summer...they usually poop out on the first round, so I just have them run my GymBoss for me to do the workouts in a Tabata style! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I'm glad your workouts are going well, and that you got an unexpected night with DH to just relax and enjoy each other's company! How awesome on the job interview for DD... I hope she gets it! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Wow, more double trouble!! :bigsmile: Lovin' the sounds of those workouts...that's it, just the sounds of it! :laugh: I'm glad you're enjoying them and getting in some longer workouts while you have the time/energy!

Michelle--I hope you had a great flight and get some time to relax!

Off to bed. I can't below tomorrow is Friday already...this week has gone SO fast!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    H Ladies! Sorry I missed you all yeterday, but it was a good day. And my hair looks better! :tongue: I did more Double Trouble yesterday by doing Cardio Leg Blast, followed by the all cardio premix and the all strength premix like I had done last week. My legs were still a little tired from doing the L&G Extreme premix on Tuesday, but it still felt good. Today was no double trouble, and I am fine with that! I started with All Out Low Impact HiiT Extreme Cardio premix followed by Burn Sets (all upper body sections). It was a long workout but, again, felt good.

I'm trying to figure out when to start this P90X/X2 rotation as DH keeps changing dates of when he is going to be off. I've even toyed with pushing it off until summer simply because we are going into an insane time here as we prepare, once again, for the Academy graduation. So many events to attend! I figure I'll give it some thought over the next week, and if I decide to push it off, do Cathe's latest rotation (or something like it!).

Tami, great job with the workouts! Hope you enjoyed your hair appointment. I know I always feel better when I get mine done up nicely!

Erika, glad you are enjoying your workouts right now! Congrats on getting rid of some more DVDs. I love how you are able to decide what you like and what you don't like so efficiently. I have a tendency to hold on to more workouts than I should because I keep trying to convince myself I'll eventually learn to like them. Some I have.....others not so much. :ohwell:

Laurie, glad you hear you are continuing to feel better. I'm glad you were able to enjoy an evening with DH before he left. Like Tami said, that's a great reason to miss a workout. Hope the trip to the dentist was very uneventful. I find 'uneventful' and 'dentist' to be two words I like to hear together.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Happy Friday Ladies :drinker: My hair appt was lots of fun. She is at a new salon that is actually about 2 miles from my house! Anyway it was good and the hair feels much better. This a.m. was CrossFire :bigsmile: I had lots of fun with it and tonight will be Spinning after work. I'm planning on getting in a workout tomorrow (Legs) and not going to Spin so maybe a cardio at home to follow, we'll see!

Laurel: Another fabulous combo yesterday and probably felt good to ease back slightly today ..... not that it was easy by any means. Great workouts this week, I bet you feel fantastic! The good news on starting up X/X2 is that it will be there whenever your schedule allows. So many great ones to keep you going until then.

Erika: Would love to have you join me! :laugh: It would be a bit of a commute just for some good classes:wink: I do prefer sprints and lines over long distance running forsure. Both classes make for great workouts! Great job getting some more DVDs sold! :drinker: You are truly the best at that, I love it!

Hope you all have a great weekend ~ talk to you Monday! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice but busy weekend here. The weather held out for our first parade from the Cadets on Saturday, which was fun. It felt nice to be sitting outside for a little while, if nothing else. I always crave fresh air this time of year, even if it is a bit on the chilly side. Unfortunately we are due for another 'blizzard' tomorrow, but after our last two 'blizzards', I'll believe it when I see it. I was talking to my mom yesterday and told her that I'm beginning to think our best chance of actually getting a blizzard here in Colorado Springs is to go to Dairy Queen. :tongue:

So I gave my upcoming schedule and workout schedule a bit of thought, and decided I really want to press with this X2/P90X rotation, so I'm going to start it on Wednesday. That will get me on a regular weekly schedule after a couple of weeks since I know I'll be taking some time off for DH's birthday and our anniversary (we are headed to the mountains for a long weekend! :drinker: ) So, with that in mind, I've kind of geared back a bit the past couple of days with the workouts. Yesterday I did XTrain Supercuts followed by the Lower Body premix of High Reps. Today it was Tabatacise followed by the upper body work of 4DS (which I've missed terribly!). Good stuff!

Tami, glad you enjoyed the hair appointment! How nice that it is so close to home. I've been to three different stylists since moving here to Colorado Springs. They keep moving away!! I'm beginning to take it personally. :wink: I just found a great stylist....and she is moving on at the end of next month. :ohwell: So off I go on search again. Not fun. Anyhow, I hope you had a great weekend of workouts. I'm sure you did! I bought a foam roller this weekend! I'll let you know if I think it makes a significant difference when doing X2. I can't imagine it will, but I decided to give it a try. I must admit, when I roll around on it, it does make my back feel wonderful! So probably not a bad tool to have around the house.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Happy Monday :smile: Weekend went by way too fast :ohwell: I tried to do a little relaxing around the house, hoping it would make time go by a little slower. Not so much! I did get in a great workout on Saturday w/ LIS Total Body TriSets (upper & lower body premix)! I have missed that one and had lots of fun with it. Yesterday I ended up playing 9 volleyball games. Played my usual two matches w/ our team and then another team asked me to play because they were short. So no other workouts from there. This a.m. was a snooze morning :yawn: must be the gray rainy skies ... so "just" BootCamp tonight after work.

Laurel: Glad the weather held out for you on Sat. We had pouring rain, thunder, rain, sunshine, rain and more rain. Great job with the workouts the last couple of days! :bigsmile: Yay for starting up the new rotation on Wed. I’ll be anxious to hear how you are liking it and of course the results in the end. Did you design your own hybrid then or did you end up finding one online? Definitely keep me posted on the foam roller. What kind did you get? Every review I hear about them is really positive.

Hope you are all having a good day! Talk to you tomorrow. . .
    Tami