Victorious Fitness Challenge -- June 19

Good Morning!

Didn't work out yesterday as it was the first day of work for me...turned into a long day. But I managed (with a heroic effort) to stay within my 1200 calories. I was STARVING all day from the moment I woke up but figured it was a good idea to shock my system. I'm getting a little too used to eating 750+ extra calories a day.

Today:
~ Crazy Power Sculpting class -- this is the one that burns about 800 cals. This is supposed to be my light week but because I'm flying tomorrow and won't get to work out I'm going to kick some a** today.
~ Eat healthy, keep within calories
~ Take my vitamins, remember to PACK my vitamins
~ Pack all my workout stuff for the road. We start shooting tomorrow!

Have a great day, everyone.

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning!

Didn't work out yesterday as it was the first day of work for me...turned into a long day. But I managed (with a heroic effort) to stay within my 1200 calories. I was STARVING all day from the moment I woke up but figured it was a good idea to shock my system. I'm getting a little too used to eating 750+ extra calories a day.

Today:
    ~ Crazy Power Sculpting class -- this is the one that burns about 800 cals. This is supposed to be my light week but because I'm flying tomorrow and won't get to work out I'm going to kick some a** today.
    ~ Eat healthy, keep within calories
    ~ Take my vitamins, remember to PACK my vitamins
    ~ Pack all my workout stuff for the road. We start shooting tomorrow!

Have a great day, everyone.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    My baseline is 1330 - I wonder why ours is different WL? I think we are close to the same weight, etc.

Anyway - did my weights and yoga yesterday - I had to add a little walk as well because I ate a cup of dried fruit/nut mix. I think I could get into hiking for just the snacks.

Today is elliptical and walking.

I'm going to research some volunteer stuff. All mine are becoming stale. I welcome any ideas but don't want to work with kids.

Have a great workout!
  • wanderinglight
    I'm not sure...I put in my goal to lose 2lbs per week. Is that what you have? I also put my activity level at sedentary.

And even though I put in 2lbs per week, with a plan to work out 5x week for 60 minutes, it says based on these calculations I should lose 1.6lbs per week. So that's why I didn't want to increase the calories.
  • yoginimary
    Hmmm, with only another 16 lbs to lose, I would change it to 1 lb a week. Mine is 1 lb a week and lightly active. I even think the 1330 is low, so I usually eat about 100 more. Just my thoughts though.
  • wanderinglight
    Thanks -- I'm going to try that. I've been holding steady for a few weeks now, or up a pound or two, so I guess it couldn't hurt to try for 1.5lbs per week loss.

Oh and I added up my calories from yesterday and I was still OVER the 1200!!!! I thought I stayed within range...I was sure hungry enough all day that I *felt* like I was in range. Ugh.

Thanks for the advice, as always...
  • yoginimary
    Thanks -- I'm going to try that. I've been holding steady for a few weeks now, or up a pound or two, so I guess it couldn't hurt to try for 1.5lbs per week loss.

Oh and I added up my calories from yesterday and I was still OVER the 1200!!!! I thought I stayed within range...I was sure hungry enough all day that I *felt* like I was in range. Ugh.

Thanks for the advice, as always...

If you change it to 1.5, it won't change much. You'll have to change it to 1 lb. or 1/2 lb, even if it's only for 2 weeks. If you're still hungry after 4 months of eating that amount, you're not eating enough IMHO.
  • wanderinglight
    Well (using this forum as a conversation...lol), I can't remember the last time I was actually ONLY eating 1200, because even with that baseline I had been getting in at least 300 calories burned per day with a bit of exercise one way or the other. And with 1500 I would be pretty satisfied at the end of the day.

I think yesterday was the first day since I started MFP that I didn't work out and actually tried to only eat 1200!

My credo has been, if I'm hungry, I work out then I get those calories.

And since getting the HRM, well, most of my workouts have been 750+ calories burned per day. So I've been used to eating almost 2000 calories per day now for a few months.

So many factors, it's really hard to tell what's right for me...
  • yoginimary
    Since we are using it as a conversation - what does everyone else think?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I say up the calories, I don't think with your producing job you qualify as "sedentary" anyway. IMHO. . .

Today is my day off, but I just got back from a forty minute walk (200 cals.) because

a: I had to go to the store and
    b: Shaun T. let me down yesterday! (hip hop abs) and I only managed to burn (wait for it. . .)
    160 calories in thirty minutes. Bah!

I ended up being SUPER sore and tired yesterday by the end of the day. Perhaps it was the famous "Bikram detox". I definitely wasn't dehydrated, as I was visiting the bathroom regularly. . .I still feel it in my legs (the yoga, not the bathroom.:tongue: ) Maybe I was just tired. . .

Going to try to get a little more walking in, because I had a goal of five hundred calories yesterday, and I want to make up for it so my week evens out.

Today is:
    waters. . .lots of waters
    vits (looking at the bottle right now)
  • wanderinglight
    Thanks for the advice -- normally I wouldn't put myself as sedentary, but since I've been off work I'm DEFINITELY not active during the day except for working out.

And with this upcoming job, I'll mostly be in the van directing the cameras, (like you always see people do who sit in front of a big wall of TV monitors...lol) which is our version of a "desk job." :)

But I think I'm going to up the calories in any case (putting in 1lb per week loss as a goal) and see what happens.

Honestly, I would be SO HAPPY to lose a pound a week, so I have nothing to lose!