it works! body wraps

Replies

• MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    The person at the spa claimed I lost inches and calcuated it all up- I didn't see or feel any different. I'd say don't waste your time and money.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    As long as you know it's just the water your sweating out, and as soon as you re-hydrate, it comes right back. If that's worthy big bucks to you, go for it. I think it's a waste of money considering all it does is sweat water out.bs

-BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    HA!

-BootJockey
    -250lbs.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    No, no and no..
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    It is pure water weight. It is temporary. It does NOT reduce fat loss or remove toxins or blah blah blah.

When my birthday dress was a little tight, the night before I covered myself in baby oil and wrapped cling film around myself. My birthday dress fit, but the day after the inch that I lost came back. And I fully expected it to!
  • elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    It is pure water weight. It is temporary. It does NOT reduce fat loss or remove toxins or blah blah blah.

When my birthday dress was a little tight, the night before I covered myself in baby oil and wrapped cling film around myself. My birthday dress fit, but the day after the inch that I lost came back. And I fully expected it to!

tehehehe can imagine you wrapping yourself in clingfilm hehehehe
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member

tehehehe can imagine you wrapping yourself in clingfilm hehehehe

Def looked sexy :wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    If it feels good, do it.

Just a thought, though. Notice that with all the gadgets, pills, restrictive diets, etc., they always end with ".....when combined with exercise and a sensible diet."

Consider the common denominator in all those "miracle" weight loss regimines.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Save your money.You will only lose water weight, which you can achieve yourself by doing a sweaty workout or going to the sauna.

It's a good way to fit into a tight dress for a special occasion or something, but it will not give lasting results for more than a day. :smile:

Note that it's also unhealthy as it means your body is dehydrated.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    What are your thoughts on the herbal body wraps? worth trying or not so much?

I recommend trying it at a spa first and not expecting to lose weight or inches from it. Yes, you can lose weight from it, but its water weight from sweating and can come back. I think its worth experiencing. My skin was super soft after and felt a little tighter. I tried it for pampering benefits and not to lose weight.

My advice is to go to whatever site you want to buy it from and read the reviews. I've noticed a lot of people on this site are against anything that says it helps weight loss or inch loss besides diet and exercise.

That's because diet and exercise is the only thing that has been proven to work.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    My friend tried selling me those too. I almost bought one. I said If I lose all the weight and my tummy isn't tight I'd try. I'm still losing though and my tummy isn't too bad so don't need it. I can kinda see how it would be good for women that have had kids and no matter what have that overhang.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    woa people calm down, I am just sharing my experience with them.
    Shouldn't make statements that have no actual proof then. Anecdotes aren't evidence.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    I literally cannot even, I can't even. I am unable to even I have lost my ability to even...I am so unable to even.
  • kansaspeach
    kansaspeach Posts: 25 Member
    People save your money for smaller clothes after you lose the weight through legit diet and exercise, and skip this snake oil. I tried them a couple times (even signed up as a distributor when it was free to do so). A bunch of over-priced junk. I hate seeing these companies screw people out of hard-earned money like this. :( My husband said his Navy buddies would use Vicks VapoRub and saran wrap before a weigh-in - it's basically the same thing and cheaper, since the main ingredient in ItWorks wraps is eucalyptus.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    I don't actually see lasting results in inches (although I do measure before and after and see a difference), I actually use them once or twice a month as I have lost weight to improve the integrity of my skin. I gave birth to 14 pounds of twins :-) and my stomach looked horrible! As I began to lose weight my stretch marks looked worse and so I use the wraps once or twice a month and then the defining gel in between. I have noticed a big difference in my skin. I know it will not get rid of my stretch marks, not even going for that, but I feel as if it has helped tighten and refine the skin as it is changing.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    All I know is that I am *thisclose* to defriending my friend from college who spams my newsfeed multiple times a day about these things.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    All I know is that I am *thisclose* to defriending my friend from college who spams my newsfeed multiple times a day about these things.

This! And what's worse is that we went to school for MEDICAL ASSISTING for christ's sake. She should know that sweat doesn't "shrink the fat cells." By that logic, every time it was hot outside we'd lose ten pounds :noway:
  • DON'T DO IT! Those are a waste of money. They suck you into becoming a "loyal member" then you have to buy 3 months of their stuff. My distributor said I would get an email before the next shipment: I didn't. She doesn't answer my messages or emails now. I'm canceling as soon as I can. I looked at their website & there's no place to change your order.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    I literally cannot even, I can't even. I am unable to even I have lost my ability to even...I am so unable to even.

This!
    :laugh:
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    What are your thoughts on the herbal body wraps? worth trying or not so much?

I recommend trying it at a spa first and not expecting to lose weight or inches from it. Yes, you can lose weight from it, but its water weight from sweating and can come back. I think its worth experiencing. My skin was super soft after and felt a little tighter. I tried it for pampering benefits and not to lose weight.

My advice is to go to whatever site you want to buy it from and read the reviews. I've noticed a lot of people on this site are against anything that says it helps weight loss or inch loss besides diet and exercise.

The reason that people are against anything that says weight loss without diet and exercise is because thats stupid. It's myFITNESSpal not myGIMMICKpal. I mean you can try all those quick fixes and at the end of the day you'll still be right where you are. It's about changing for life. #Thatisall