Excitement!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Well, I just booked with my friends for my vacation. We're going to be exploring a 10 mile long stretch of abandoned interstate in Pennsylvania which is being turned into an 'unofficial, bike at your own risk' bike trail. Its full of old ruined buildings, drainage tunnels, ventillation shafts, and a bunch of places where I could possibly die (but most likely will just have a really fun time instead). I'm so friggen psyched!

Now I just have to get my bike back in working order, haha.

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Well, I just booked with my friends for my vacation. We're going to be exploring a 10 mile long stretch of abandoned interstate in Pennsylvania which is being turned into an 'unofficial, bike at your own risk' bike trail. Its full of old ruined buildings, drainage tunnels, ventillation shafts, and a bunch of places where I could possibly die (but most likely will just have a really fun time instead). I'm so friggen psyched!

Now I just have to get my bike back in working order, haha.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    That sounds freakin AWESOME.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    That sounds GREAT!!!

Have you ever heard of the movie "Gerry?" :laugh: Just might want to view it first...
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun.....leave bread crumbs so you can find your way back to MFP!!!
    :glasses:
  • msarro
    Options
    http://picasaweb.google.com/floor9/AbandonedPennsylvaniaTurnpike

Thats an album a friend of mine found. We're renting a pickup for the day and taking out mountain bikes. Its going to kick my bum, I haven't ridden my bike in a year because of my neighborhood and I can't fit it in my car.

Either way, I love exploring old ruined buildings. I learned a long time ago that "DANGER" signs should actually be read "REALLY COOL STUFF BEHIND ME! DON'T BE STUPID!"
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    http://picasaweb.google.com/floor9/AbandonedPennsylvaniaTurnpike

Thats an album a friend of mine found. We're renting a pickup for the day and taking out mountain bikes. Its going to kick my bum, I haven't ridden my bike in a year because of my neighborhood and I can't fit it in my car.

Either way, I love exploring old ruined buildings. I learned a long time ago that "DANGER" signs should actually be read "REALLY COOL STUFF BEHIND ME! DON'T BE STUPID!"

:glasses: I think men should make a dictionary of man-talk......heheh

Arrgh find some buried treasure mate!

:bigsmile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    AHHH, that sounds like fun.
    I LOVE adventures...take me!!!