Easy Exercise

Options
Bigfatgirl
Bigfatgirl Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not able to get to a gym and I'm not one much for jumping on the tread mill or lifting weights but I have found that daily life can be good exercise. Mowing the grass and weeding the gardens burns off a lot of calories so does a couple of hours of house work. Scubbing the bathrooms, washing the floors and polishing the widows can get your heart rate going if you put some effort into it. You can take care of two things at once, getting your daily exercise and taking care of a few house hold chores. A good time saver for anyone who feels they just don't have time to exercise.

I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has any Easy Exercise ideas.

Replies

• Bigfatgirl
    Options
    I'm not able to get to a gym and I'm not one much for jumping on the tread mill or lifting weights but I have found that daily life can be good exercise. Mowing the grass and weeding the gardens burns off a lot of calories so does a couple of hours of house work. Scubbing the bathrooms, washing the floors and polishing the widows can get your heart rate going if you put some effort into it. You can take care of two things at once, getting your daily exercise and taking care of a few house hold chores. A good time saver for anyone who feels they just don't have time to exercise.

I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has any Easy Exercise ideas.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love taking my girls hiking - we have miles of trails 20 minutes from our house, and weekends are spent with lunch packed in my backpack and the three of us exploring the mountains early in the morning before it gets hot. At noon we stop to eat, and swim in the river, then walk back to the car. Doesn't get any better than this for me, lol.
  • glosalinas
    glosalinas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You're instilling healthy habits in your girls AND instead of vegging out in front of the television or computer, they get to spend quality time in the great outdoors with mom.
  • jooly
    jooly Posts: 4
    Options
    my walk to work is a workout. Mainly cause I make myself walk so fast I can feel my legs burning. But I'm upstairs, down stairs, speed walk the long hall way, and then back up another three flight of stairs and so on......

The main idea is walking fast....
  • lolalola
    lolalola Posts: 12
    Options
    Yoga balls!
    i recently discovered (googled it) that sitting on a big yoga ball instead of a couch or desk chair is great for a mini workout without actually... you know, working out.
    it works all the small muscles in your back, thighs and abs because you are trying to keep your balance. i use one at my desk at work now and after a while it makes me feel like i've been doing a bunch of crunches.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cleaning house is all fine and good, but you need the aerobic exercise to burn calories and fat. Maybe you should start walking in the mornings. It gives you a ton more energy than cleaning house. Besides, who likes cleaning house?!!!!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I agree with you mdup.
    Going out early in the A.M and going out for a nice walk is so nice.
    Hardly any cars in the road, it's nice and quiet.
    Even my 6 y/o daughter has joined me on my walks.
    She loves it! =)
    You don't have to start off on a fast pace... take your time and try to speed up a bit.
    Nothing big.
    My daughter tells me when she needs a break so we start to slow down and just stroll.
    Then we speed up again.
    If she can do it.. you can also =)
This discussion has been closed.