has anyone ever tried Cinnamon and Honey?

So I was talking to my aunt and she told me all the awesome benefits of Cinnamon and honey..I did a little research and theres tons of benefits including weight loss

"Honey and cinnamon cleanse every morning, on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, and again at night before sleeping. Drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup water. If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body, even though the person may eat a high calorie diet. 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of honey in a cup of boiled water."

My aunt lost 10lbs her first month and it gave her tons of energy and helped with bloating..I'm very curious and think I will try it..Has anyone else ever tried this?

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    works pretty well for a face mask,
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I've completed The Cinnamon Challage and I can honestly tell you, it made me see cinnamon in a whole new light.

I highly recommend it.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    I've seen a lot of people that lost weight from the cinnamon challenge. I don't think you need to add the honey to make it work. That would just be extra calories.

tumblr_mjgnhkqfMb1s5gyzuo1_250.gif

tumblr_mjgnhkqfMb1s5gyzuo2_250.gif
  • JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    I read the same but I don't know how consuming sugar before bed can possibly help. Cinnamon and honey mixture has many health benefits though, I've never heard of it in water but taken on a spoon. Its amazing for sore throats taken as a spoonful cuz honey coats the throat and has healing properties. I don't agree with any medication so I use honey and cinnamon for a sore throat for myself or my daughter and hot lemon water for congestion. I guess you could try and find out though.

Hot lemon water first thing in the morning is good for cleansing and metabolism though I heard. It helps with digestion. I drink it often after big meals or peppermint tea it does help digestion a lot, at least for me.
  • I read the same but I don't know how consuming sugar before bed can possibly help. Cinnamon and honey mixture has many health benefits though, I've never heard of it in water but taken on a spoon. Its amazing for sore throats taken as a spoonful cuz honey coats the throat and has healing properties. I don't agree with any medication so I use honey and cinnamon for a sore throat for myself or my daughter and hot lemon water for congestion. I guess you could try and find out though.

doesn't hurt to try..Like I said, my aunt has done it and said it worked great for her and helped her immune system..I work out and eat alot more healthy than her so i'm curious to try..i'll update you you all on it
    and actually even though honey has sugar in it there's still benefits to it..I doubt it'll hurt me since I have a little to no sugar in my diet now..so we will see
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Anything that could actually make you not store fat, even on a high calorie diet is NOT GOOD for you - the only way that could happen would be by blocking you absorption of calories, and consequently, of nutrients.

More likely, it just isn't true.

Ten pounds in a month is a very reasonable weight loss, especially for overweight or obese people in their first month of dieting. Anyone downing this concoction is probably going to think twice about everything they eat, at least for a few weeks.

If cinnamon had magic qualities, I would be a fairy princess. I might need to look into this cinnamon challenge as an excuse to get even more than I already do!
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    haha. oh silly people and torturing themselves.

honey: good
    cinnimon : good (if not alone >.>)
    water : good

why the heck not? Does it make you lose weight? No idea.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Totally going to sell my husband on this cleanse! I don't give a crap what does to his waistline, I'm doing it for my benefit below the belt line
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I take cinnamon supplements. Not sure they actually do anything though....
  • rubypond
    rubypond Posts: 41 Member
    Cinnamon has a ton of health benefits. Whether it helps in weight loss I have no idea. I've been taking it for about a month now and have not seen any weight loss benefits in it.
  • So I decided to skip the honey and just have the cinnamon tea (just cinnamon in boiled water) and one packet of stevia..It's actually pretty tasty..we'll see how it makes me feel health wise after a week
    And btw in no means am I looking for some "magical fix"..I still work out twice a day and eat healthy..i'm just curious of how it would benefit me or help in my journey.
  • I've seen a lot of people that lost weight from the cinnamon challenge. I don't think you need to add the honey to make it work. That would just be extra calories.

tumblr_mjgnhkqfMb1s5gyzuo1_250.gif

tumblr_mjgnhkqfMb1s5gyzuo2_250.gif

yeah I think the honey is just for a "natural" sweetener
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    I dose my oats with it or put in protein shakes. I tried it in coffee and woowee bad.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,867 Member
    Yeah, I remember than night.:smile:
  • meadowslight79
    meadowslight79 Posts: 44 Member
    Honey is also supposedly helps with allergies and does help with sore throats. If you have allergies for certain pollen in your area you can get locally harvested honey.
    Cinnamon helps with cholesterol.

I might give this a try wouldn't hurt all natural anyway.
    Yippee science project time
    :laugh:
  • warnings about cinnamon intake:

- often in supermarkets you don’t buy true cinnamon, but cassia (chinese cinnamon bark), which is a cheap cinnamon from china, vietnam and indonesia. it contains a potentially dangerous substance called coumarin. (unfortunately, saigon cinnamon is actually cassia. look for CEYLON cinnamon!)
    - cassia should be avoided by pregnant women, those with liver disease, and diabetes
    - coumarin is toxic to the liver, is an anticoagulant (it thins the blood), and has been shown to cause cancer in rodents
    - the Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) for coumarin of 0.07 mg per kg of bodyweight per day
    - if you consume cassia over a period of time (such as with oatmeal a few times a week), you can greatly exceed your TDI
    - cassia cinnamon should only be used sparingly, as a very light sprinkling, and not in teaspoon amounts

try to only buy CEYLON cinnamon. and again, conduct your own research, as it is YOUR health

http://almostexactlyblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/honey-cinnamon-cleanse-facts-to-back-it-up/
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    The honey wouldn't be just for sweetness, it's the idea of the raw honey itself. So replacing the natural honey with an artificial sweetener isn't going to be doing anything close to the same thing.

That said, I also think that just drinking a cup of hot water in the morning before breakfast and a cup again at night would have the same effect, without the cinnamon and honey.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    I'm going to do some research on it!