what is your carb/protein/fat ratio?

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    40c/30f/30p

ETA: interesting ratios going on here. I see mine is the minority here, lol.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    35p, 35f, 30c,
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    It's not the ratio that dictates your rate of weight loss. Generally, it's the amount of caloric energy you consume. Healthy whole foods will give an advantage over processed packaged foods.

My ratio is C:80%, P:10-15%, F:5-10%

I eat potatoes, rice and beans all day and still lose weight.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    One of my biggest frustrations with MFP is their insistence on percentages for every macronutrient. I wish wish wish wish wish they would allow for you to set fixed numbers for certain macros, and set the remainder accordingly. Percentages work horribly for me, personally, and for most people I know who are lifters first and foremost.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    One of my biggest frustrations with MFP is their insistence on percentages for every macronutrient. I wish wish wish wish wish they would allow for you to set fixed numbers for certain macros, and set the remainder accordingly. Percentages work horribly for me, personally, and for most people I know who are lifters first and foremost.
    mine are set to %, but I have actual numbers I try to meet, the % are the closest I found to my goal numbers. It took a while to not care if there is red here or there, as my goal is NOT percentages right now.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    .8g of protein/lb body weight which for me is ~100g
    .55g of protein/lb body weight which for me is ~70g
    I fill in the rest with carbs...usually 200+ grams, a lot more depending on exercise.

I don't go by percentages. My goal is to fill my protein and fat requirements and fill in the rest with carbs. The more I exercise the more carbs I have which is exactly what I need with exercse.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    35% carbs, 35% fat, 30% protein. It works well for me and my weight loss. I don't lose with a larger carb intake--I gain.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    35c / 35p / 30f
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    35p 35c 30f
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    There is no perfect ratio. Protein should be 1 gram per pound of Lean Body Mass (LBM). For women this is 100-110 grams; if you know your body fat percentage you can calculate exactly. Fat should be 25-30% of total calories and the balance to carbs.

If your calorie goal is 1750 per day:
    Protein: 440 calories or 25% (rounded to nearest 5%)
    Fat: 437 calories or 25%
    Carbs: 873 calories or 50%

Your protein requirement in grams stays the same (unless you're training for a body building competition). The other macros will need to be recalculated as you reduce your weight and calorie limit.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    20% carbs
    45% protein
    35% fat
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    60% fat , 30%protein, 10%carbs
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    25% carbs, 30% proteins, 45% fats = 2500 calories during cut. Sometimes I'll have higher carbs depending on what types of snacks I eat.
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    I try to follow Hal Higdon's marathon training plan since I run a lot and do want to train for a marathon eventually: 15% to 20% protein, 30% fat and 50% to 55% carbs...it seems to work for me, but everyone is a unique individual and what works for one, won't for another... :)
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    45c/20p/35f

Seems like it's working for me!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    C 40%, P 40%, and fat 20%....but I like a high protein diet so its all good! I try to stick to complex carbs and the natural carbs from fruits and veggies. Works for me..
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    40%c/30%p/30%f
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    What I did was set my macros to the minimums that I need to meet for Protein and Fat and put the rest as carbs. My cals are also set on TDEE so I have a good estimate of my actual deficit as opposed to the deficit from an already lower intake.

So really the only macros that are accurate for me are 25% of TDEE Protein and 35% of TDEE in fat... when in all reality that is actually 138g protein and 86g of fat which I usually meet or exceed and fill in the rest with carbs (up to 1500-1700 calories total).
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Carbs - 45%
    Protein - 20%
    Fat - 35%
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    45c/20p/35f

Seems like it's working for me!

Exactly the same macros as I am set to.