SoBe Lifewater

So, is drinking SoBe LIfewater the same as drinking water? I usually only drink regular water, but I am at my mom's and had finished drinking my water, and her water tastes kind of gross.

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    anything you drink can count as water IMO. just make sure you log the calories
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    anything you drink can count as water IMO. just make sure you log the calories
    This is true. Unless you're chugging olive oil or something straight from the bottle, just count it as your water, and log the calories.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    SoBe Lifewater doesn't have calories. Just vitamins and minerals.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    SoBe Lifewater doesn't have calories. Just vitamins and minerals.
    Exactly.
  • carolemorden9
    Actually, I was just looking at the label, and it says 0 calories, but then says there are 3g of carbs per serving. If there are carbs, how can their be no calories? There should be 30 calories per bottle, shouldn't there, if there are 2.5 servings in the bottle?
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    this I'm going to have to call bs on. I've had Sobee life waters and they all have some form of added sugars and even vitamins have a few calories from what I've seen. NOTHING is truly calorie free no matter what they claim
  • carolemorden9
    I also believe that nothing is truly calorie free. Especially not those calorie free dressings and stuff.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    this I'm going to have to call bs on. I've had Sobee life waters and they all have some form of added sugars and even vitamins have a few calories from what I've seen. NOTHING is truly calorie free no matter what they claim

There are different flavors of the Lifewater. For instance, Strawberry Dragonfruit vs the Strawberry kiwi. One has roughtly 100 calories and one has 0. The Coconut Lifewaters have 80 per bottle.

Depends on which ones you are drinking.
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    Personally I only count water or unsweetened ice tea towards my water....of course I rarely drink much else, but unless it has no cals, no sodium, no sugar, etc., then I don't count it as water.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,866 Member
    If SoBe uses glacier water from the Himalayas, your good to go, otherwise it doesn't count.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,866 Member
    Personally I only count water or unsweetened ice tea towards my water....of course I rarely drink much else, but unless it has no cals, no sodium, no sugar, etc., then I don't count it as water.
    Sounds legit.
  • carolemorden9
    I did put the SoBe in under my meals, and not in my water count. I prefer to drink plain water from my Pur water pitcher. My husband always uses the little low-cal bottle drink mixes.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    I checked online about this since I am diabetic that is the first thing I always check for. This is what I found. For something so good for you there seems to be quite a few ingredients.

http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/Blog/Amy-Campbell/enhanced-waters-are-they-as-good-as-they-claim-to-be-part-2/

to answer your question: yes I could count it as "water" BUT I wouldn't drink it all the time.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    I did put the SoBe in under my meals, and not in my water count. I prefer to drink plain water from my Pur water pitcher. My husband always uses the little low-cal bottle drink mixes.

I am with you Carole, I only count "water" as "water"....not coffee, pop, etc.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    yeah I saw the same thing when I grabbed one - 0 calories but 4g of carbs per serving, I have no idea how that one works out
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    I love SoBE water now and have one almost every day. I do not classify it as water even though it says water on the box because it is flavored and somewhat to me in the realm of juice because of its salt content. Water does not have sodium in it. SoBe does. Hope that helps.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Hydration=Fluids, not just water. Let's put this to rest, This is from the Mayo Clinic.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
    The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I count water and unsweet tea as 'water' or if I use a flavor water thingy. Bottled drinks usually no even if it's something like vitamin water zero or diet coke because those things have sodium in them which I don't think should count since sodium can cause water retention in excess.