Les Mills anyone??

merzback
merzback Posts: 453 Member
Does anyone do Les Mills? I have NO CLUE how many calories it would burn or how to log it and my body bugg is broken :(

I love love love this workout. Anyone else?

Replies

• robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    I do BODYPUMP and BODYCOMBAT from Les Mills.

It's really hard to calculate numbers but here is on average setup of calories burned.

These are probably a tad high unless you can really keep up in class and do the workout at high impact all class long.

737 Calories burned in Body Combat Class
    560 Calories burned in Body Pump Class
    735 Calories burned in Body Attack Class
    530 Calories burned in Body Jam Class
    675 Calories burned in RPM Class
    620 Calories burned in Body Step Class.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    wow great! That's for an hour class?
  • robhigareda
    Yes, all of those are for the hour class (55minutes technically ;) )
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I do the body pump class and that number is about right for me (560) sometimes a little higher pending on my output. But on avg that is about correct.
  • ejsheehan
    ejsheehan Posts: 1
    My HRM tells me approx 250-300 for pump and 450 ish for combat
  • robhigareda
    My HRM tells me approx 250-300 for pump and 450 ish for combat

That's a tad on the lower side, but it depends on how much weight you lift and your body weight and all. It's pretty different for everyone.
  • I love BodyCombat, BodyPump, and RPM! I am terrible at working out because I get bored so easily with the generic cardio, so these are my #1 exercises. I like how BodyPump made me unafraid of free weights.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    For Pump in particular, there are so many variables - your weight, what you're lifting, the effort you're putting into it.

Attack is proabably the biggest calorie burner - I reckon I could burn 500-600 in an hour of that.

(having said that, its a class I dont much enjoy - too many jumping jacks :laugh: )

Combat is next highest - for me, I'd get 400-500 for an hour of that one, going full-out.

Pump is the lowest in terms of calories burned, though the muscles it builds will have noticeable impact! I record it at between 300-400 for an hour.
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    For Pump in particular, there are so many variables - your weight, what you're lifting, the effort you're putting into it.

Attack is proabably the biggest calorie burner - I reckon I could burn 500-600 in an hour of that.

(having said that, its a class I dont much enjoy - too many jumping jacks :laugh: )

Combat is next highest - for me, I'd get 400-500 for an hour of that one, going full-out.

Pump is the lowest in terms of calories burned, though the muscles it builds will have noticeable impact! I record it at between 300-400 for an hour.

I would agree with these...of course your weight/age factor into it. I LOVE Les Mills...they are awesome high energy classes. I no longer do Pump, but I do Attack, Combat, and CX Worx.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Les Mills has a website that gives the average calorie burn.

I am a regular in Body Jam... I do Body Step from time to time.... have tried Body Pump, and Attack... Would love to try Combat.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    I also LOVE the Les Mils classes! But when I track calories, I always lower the total calories by a couple 100 from what they say the total burn is (as listed by another poster). I don't have a HRM, and I'd rather underestimate since I do eat back my exercise calories.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    I take Body Step and Attack on a regular basis and burn about 320-360 for each class. I did Body Combat for the first time today and burned 253 calories in 56ish minutes,SH'bam is about 220 in 45 minutes. I use a HRM and my burns are always lower than most other people. I'm not sure why. Still all great workouts. Oh and Pump is for me is about 250ish.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member

It made me get used to them. I could do a zillion full impact jacks and be like, "and?" :laugh: Attack is my favorite class, great to see all the fellow Attackers!

I'd be wary of very high burn numbers without a HRM. You'd either need to be very fit (and muscular) and do full impact practically the whole way through, or be quite large where you still burn mucho calories even with lower impact and taking breaks. I'm mostly referring to the intense aerobic classes like Attack and Combat, though.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Janie R I agree, calorie estimates are deceiving. I began to see much better results once I started using a HRM to track calories burned. Love Les Mills Classes!!!
  • I do RPM at least 5 days a week, i burn about 500 calories, i have to decrease the calorie amount cause on the fitness pal it says like 700+ which is really high. I do RPM, Combat, pump, love them all, if anyone wants to "add me" go right ahead
  • Thank you for that! I just did that Today!! I actually work at beachbody!!
  • I am clueless myself. I just did the kickstart one ( 30 minutes). I sweated like crazy and I weigh about 130 . I need a fitbit or something to be able to determine. I believe it is different for everyone due to weight and age perhaps.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I used to do Body Step & Body Combat at my old gym...miss it SO much...and would normally burn anywhere from 300-500 calories, depending on which class it was, and how intense the moves were. :)
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    I finally bought the bodymedia unit to monitor, because I have no clue either. It should be arriving today, so hopefully I'll be at least burning some half decent calories. (Just started with LMP on Monday).
  • mwynnie
    mwynnie Posts: 1
    Anyone know about calories burned during GRIT?!?! I love the work out, but have been curious. Also love hearing other Les Mills fans; I do Pump, CX, and GRIT :)