What to do after I finish Insanity?

jaina08
jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
I only have 13 days left of Insanity. I can't believe I am almost done! Should I just go back to the gym and do my normal workouts again? I usually go to the gym classes doing the body pump and bootcamp classes along with some cardio. I went to the bootcamp class recently and it was not a challenge at all! Surprisingly! I usually get really exhausted. I guess Insanity helped me A LOT with my endurance. If I do just go back to the gym am I still going to be able to maintain my weight and muscles that I've gained? I don't want my body to change all of a sudden after not doing Insanity anymore after the 63 days. So what do you guys suggest?

Replies

• Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Do you have any other Beach Body programs? P90X is a great one, or I love Combat.... Or heck do another round of Insanity!
  • jaina08
    I was actually thinking about doing either 90x or Insanity again but I miss going to the gym! Should I do a combination of another round of Insanity or p90x and also go to the gym? Like go to the gym every other day and the rest of the days would be a beach body program?
  • jaina08
    Bump
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    I may be a freak of nature but my body actually improved when I stopped Insanity and went back to regular gym classes. I so missed doing my classes during Insanity and was really pleased to be able to go back to them. No question that Insanity totally raised my fitness levels to a degree which made even the toughest classes seem easy. And if you don't keep up with Insanity then you will lose some of the fitness it gives you, I certainly have even though I've been exercising regularly since. But I need change, and if I did Insanity any more I would literally go crazy with boredom. Maybe incorporate one or two of your favourite Insanity workouts into your weekly routine to keep your hand it, or perhaps you could try the 20 minute Fast and Furious workout (which looks pretty tough!) every now and again to keep up with that intensity.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Asylum calls you, Miss Jaina....will you answer the call...?
  • jaina08
    I may be a freak of nature but my body actually improved when I stopped Insanity and went back to regular gym classes. I so missed doing my classes during Insanity and was really pleased to be able to go back to them. No question that Insanity totally raised my fitness levels to a degree which made even the toughest classes seem easy. And if you don't keep up with Insanity then you will lose some of the fitness it gives you, I certainly have even though I've been exercising regularly since. But I need change, and if I did Insanity any more I would literally go crazy with boredom. Maybe incorporate one or two of your favourite Insanity workouts into your weekly routine to keep your hand it, or perhaps you could try the 20 minute Fast and Furious workout (which looks pretty tough!) every now and again to keep up with that intensity.

Oh wow, really? I really miss the gym classes too and I did realize that it was much easier for me now. I hope I'm like you, I really want my body to improve more since I only lost 5 pounds with Insanity so far and lost a couple of inches off my waist. I still want to lose about 10 more pounds and tone my stomach more. But thanks for letting me know!
  • jaina08
    Asylum calls you, Miss Jaina....will you answer the call...?

Are you planning on doing asylum? I know you finished insanity already! Good job!!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Access to a gym?

Start lifting... heavy. Stronglifts, Starting Strength, NROLFW.
  • jaina08
    Btw, does anyone know if I should do recovery week again after I finish day 63? Or can I just go straight to the gym after?
  • brydo86
    brydo86 Posts: 47 Member
    I don't know if you are aware that Shaun T is currently going through the full insanity programme as part of a birthday celebration (bizarre way to celebrate a birthday I know). He is currently on day 46 and has vowed that once he had completed Insanity that he will be moving onto the Asylum. I just happened to start at the same time as him but I've found it even more enjoyable following his twitter and facebook feeds. So, the Asylum should start in just over two weeks which would give you a couple of weeks in the gym!
  • jaina08
    I don't know if you are aware that Shaun T is currently going through the full insanity programme as part of a birthday celebration (bizarre way to celebrate a birthday I know). He is currently on day 46 and has vowed that once he had completed Insanity that he will be moving onto the Asylum. I just happened to start at the same time as him but I've found it even more enjoyable following his twitter and facebook feeds. So, the Asylum should start in just over two weeks which would give you a couple of weeks in the gym!

Oh cool, birthday celebration? I really want to do a combination of both a beach body program and the gym though. I feel like I'm wasting my money not going anymore! Lol! But thanks!
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Shaun T is launching T25 at the end of June which I plan to do. i finished Insanity a week ago and started Turbo Fire and I'll throw in some insanity workouts (month 1) when I feel like it - i think you need to give your body a rest from that for a while. I also do some classes and kettle bell
  • shutupandlift13

Oh cool, birthday celebration? I really want to do a combination of both a beach body program and the gym though. I feel like I'm wasting my money not going anymore! Lol! But thanks!

Don't get me wrong, P90X and the Beachbody programs can yield some great results, but most people I know that have done them, eventually get into weightlifting once they either can afford the gym, have the time or feel comfortable working out around other people.

The weight room is where you're going to get the most bang for your buck, IMO.
  • jaina08
    Shaun T is launching T25 at the end of June which I plan to do. i finished Insanity a week ago and started Turbo Fire and I'll throw in some insanity workouts (month 1) when I feel like it - i think you need to give your body a rest from that for a while. I also do some classes and kettle bell

Oh nice, what is T25? How were your results with Insanity?
  • jaina08

Don't get me wrong, P90X and the Beachbody programs can yield some great results, but most people I know that have done them, eventually get into weightlifting once they either can afford the gym, have the time or feel comfortable working out around other people.

So would it be better for me to go to the gym instead?
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    You finished Insanity, congratulations. You should be in pretty good shape now. Now go climb a mountain, kayak, swim in the ocean, hike, SCUBA dive, anything outdoors. Remember one of the reasons you probably got in shape was to be able to do these activities, enjoy them, and not die of exhaustion. So go have some fun while enjoying all that our planet has to offer.
  • shutupandlift13

So would it be better for me to go to the gym instead?

Yes.

Specifically the squat or power rack. Look up a program like Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, or NROLFW.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member

Oh nice, what is T25? How were your results with Insanity?

Its called Focus T25. all workouts only 25 min each. It has weights and resistance bands. I'm in week 2 of month 2 of insanity. I think I may do Turbo Fire when I'm done this (first week of May) until T25 comes out (sometime in June). If you have a Facebook page you can like the Focus T25 page for updates.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    My thoughts are there is nothing wrong with changing things up. It keeps the muscles confused. I say go with your gut! Deep down you probably have an idea of what you really want to do! I say GO FOR IT what ever it is!!!!!!
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    I was actually thinking about doing either 90x or Insanity again but I miss going to the gym! Should I do a combination of another round of Insanity or p90x and also go to the gym? Like go to the gym every other day and the rest of the days would be a beach body program?

What are you looking to accomplish now that you finished? Maintain? Get more muscle? Lose more weight? I think that it would depend on those things.