looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Replies

• I keep one serving of dry fiber one cereal on my desk in a cup, when my belly growls I take a bite, it keeps me satisfied all morning at work until luch time! 60- 80 cals. Or I cut off the crust of bread, grill it in a pan with non stick spray, fry an egg white, either add veggies half a slice of cheese or a thin slice of turkey or ham, it is great!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Dannon Greek Light yogurts are 80 calories each.

A hard boiled egg is 70 calories.

A stalk of celery and 2 tbsp of hummus is 120.

An apple is 80.

A navel orange is about 80.

A banana is 120.

Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat bread and a laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese wedge: 85

^^ Same bread and a half ounce of cheddar cheese:105
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese is 90 cals and very filling with a bit of berries or crackers if you are willing to eat a bit more calories.

I can understand not wanting to eat a huge meal when you work off shifts. My issues working overnights was that I was hungry when I got home and would end up eating a pb&j (on toast, so delicious) and then pass out for 7 hours and wake up hungry all over again lol. I probably should have been more aware of what I was eating for my breakfast which was more of a pre-bed snack...
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Please try and think that people have different life schedules that could mean they don't get the 3 meals & 2 snacks ideal a day. I know that on weekdays, because I'm up at 4am I have my breakfast split into 2 meals. I then have two afternoon snacks instead to take me to the evening usually.

Depending on your bread, a piece of toast with a light spread could work. Yoghurts are also great, and filling :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!
    I used to have a severe ED and even then I would eat practically all of my calories at breakfast.
    You burn them all off.

You need those calories in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism, it helps you lose more to eat more in the AM.

In...

...to read more posts like this one.

ETA: caught up. Egads. The number of posts with blatant misinformation on meal timing is staggering.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Why would you bother with a breakfast of 100 calories or less?

Are you on some fast or self torture?

Eat!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    100 calories? :huh:

I understand maybe 300 calories...that is about what I average per breakfast....mainly because I don't really like heavy breakfasts. But 100? Um....An egg. Or 2 cups of coffee with creamer. Um....A small banana?
  • Why would you bother with a breakfast of 100 calories or less?

Are you on some fast or self torture?

Eat!

no like i have said before i dont have "normal" hours in my day lets take today for a example i went to bed at 5 am and i got up at 11am so really before i go back to bed for a few hours i would like a light breakfast item im not really looking for a meal but i want a little more than a snack when i wake up
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    At that point I would just skip breakfast. I would be less hungry having a snack mid-morning and a bigger lunch vs teasing my body with 100 calories for breakfast.
  • Sarahlou314
    Sarahlou314 Posts: 16 Member
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

Aint nobody got time for that!:tongue:
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    what i do, is 2-3 egg whites(32-48 cals), and 1 or 2 slices of turkey bacon(35-70 cals) For a total of 67-102 calories. Lately though, in addition to that, i've had half a grapefruit(60 cals.) Not bad, i'd say.(: Lots of protein. It keeps me full til lunch.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    what i do, is 2-3 egg whites(32-48 cals), and 1 or 2 slices of turkey bacon(35-70 cals) For a total of 67-102 calories. Lately though, in addition to that, i've had half a grapefruit(60 cals.) Not bad, i'd say.(: Lots of protein. It keeps me full til lunch.

How come thats all you eat until lunch?
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    And I thought my weekday breakfasts were low. I eat a questbar (170 cals) plus 16ozs of coffee with two tubs of french vanilla creamer (60 cals). By 10am, I'm eating something else though....
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Strawberry cheese cake smoothie
    1/2 c. skim milk
    1/2 c. nonfat cottage cheese
    couple packs stevia
    1/2 t. vanilla
    1 cup strawberries
    ice
    Blend till smooth. 186 Calories
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    2 slices of Sarah lee whole wheat w/ honey bread toasted and a tablspn of cream cheese.

105 calories
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Cook a bacon sammich and then smell it, pretty sure the smell contains about 100 cals........
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    It sounds like cooking may not be what you want to do at that point. I would go with hard boiling several eggs at another time and keeping them in the fridge. An ounce of cheese or some cottage would also be quick and easy. Piece of fruit, cup of yogurt, toast with low cal cream cheese or jam. Even a handful of nuts would take the edge off until you finish sleeping.

I assume you eat a reasonable amount at other times of day. I don't blame you for eating a snack/meal if you are hungry. I personally eat 2 or 3 times before lunch. My breakfasts are generally between 100 and 300 cals each and I average about 400 cals by lunch time.
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

That's what I call a "Breakfast Junior" which means I've already had a 200-300 calorie breakfast about an hour earlier.

Yes, but then you can have second breakfast and then elevenses...

Haha, yes, the Hobbit Diet works for me! LOL
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(strawberries are in season, too!)

whereabouts cos they are terrible in uk at the minute!!
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Cook a bacon sammich and then smell it, pretty sure the smell contains about 100 cals........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: