WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Replies

• nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Mine was 99. I had a very up and down day with a high after breakfast and 2 lows this afternoon. As low as my after dinner was I may have to eat again before bed. Have a great night all!!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    105 tonight @ 9:48 PM. Tomorrow's fasting numbers are going to be ugly though. Dairy and I do NOT get along, and I caved in for some ice cream to celebrate an achievement. (And, I couldn't even eat the entire order - maybe 1/8th? GRRRRR..... I know better!)
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Good Morning... Got tied up and was unable to get back and record findings. However, @ 9:36pm - 109, which was 2:30 minutes after eating and about 30 minutes after intense cardio workout.

I am assuming the exercise skewed the numbers a little. Not sure what post results would have been if would not have exercised. Thanks to all for recording their findings.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Good evening, everyone... BG @ 9:15 - 127. 1:30 minutes after dinner. Surprised it was this high. Had pizza, but carbs were not anything above average. Plan to take it at bedtime, so will see what it looks like at that time.

Have a great evening.

WCCATS77
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Higher than normal 2 hours after dinner at 148. Dinner carbs at 40, so not overly high. I'll see where it is in a couple of hours.
  • kcaffee1
    Either I ate later than I thought, or I'm going to have to knock beans off of my menu, but tonight was 137. Haven't seen that high since the first couple of weeks when I was still fighting the carb restriction thing.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    6.3 mmol/L which is 113mg/dl for the Americans in the forum. Higher than i normally am 2-hours post (I'm usually under 5.5...) but I had a ridiculous amount of pineapple with my crust-less pizza...
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    oops, senior moment wrong thread:laugh:
  • kcaffee1
    Same meal as last night, but the 2 hour mark actually showed only 110. So, I'm guessing the difference in exercise between the two is what threw the numbers up to tap dance in the danger zone yesterday.
  • nvstlrgrl
    90 this evening, evidently my new treadmill is working wonders on my numbers
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Mine has a story. LOL...

Dinner was a whopping 2g of carbohydrate (only carb was in my Caesar salad) ... wasn't going to bother testing...

I was feeling good about that, then the wife offers me 1/2 piece of cheesecake ... I look at my food diary ... realize I've had 14g of carb the entire day, and EAT THE CHEESECAKE topped with some no-sugar-added blueberry jam ... Total dessert 29g of carbohydrate...

waited 1/2 hour, went to the gym. Lifted weights for 1/2 hour, checked my blood sugar and it was at 6.8mmol/L (122mg/dl) ... so I get on the treadmill... 15% incline at 3.2mph, then intervals at 15% (4mph run / 2.5mph walk) ... for about 40 minutes, then jogged for 15 ... then went and did two more quick exercises - 2 more (did some already) sets each of barbell curls and tricep pressdowns ...

Then went home. 2hr post-prandial of 5.7mmol/L ... or 103 mg/dl ... after cheesecake ... no insulin. :smile:
  • kcaffee1
    81 - Great day starting, and a wonderful day finishing. Now... will it behave tomorrow?
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    2 hrs. after dinner I'm at 114.
  • wcucats77
    Good evening everyone... Hope the weekend went well for all. Had company this weekend so eating was not what it should have been adding a few bad carbs, but my BG at 9:17pm 2 hours after dinner was 118.

Have a great week.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I don't have tonite's yet but last few have got me kinda stumped:

Sun 4/14 dinner was 27 carbs -reading was 111
    Mon 4/15 dinner was 29 carbs -reading was 97
    Tues 4/16 dinner was 35 carbs -reading was 101
    Wed 4/17 dinner was 30 carbs- reading was 119 (huh?)
    Thur 4/18 dinner was 65 carbs- reading was 93 (huh?)
    Fri 4/19 dinner was 15 carbs -reading was 87
    Sat 4/20 dinner was 24 carbs- reading was 106
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Ok, tonite 4/21 carbs were 53 at dinner and meter read 99 2 hrs later
  • nvstlrgrl
    104 this evening. I'm liking these new lower numbers, but they tend to give me a low in the middle of the night. I may need to lower my bedtime dose of lantus again.
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    97 (2hours after dinner, Sunday).
  • wcucats77
    Air Angel... I smiled when I saw the huh, written after the description of number of carbs and BG results.. HUH, is perfect. I have had said the same thing with a puzzled look on my face and followed by "What the hell"? NO rhyme or reason sometimes!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us these details, this information is so important. Most appreciated.

Have a great day.
  • wcucats77
    Today, I had a very heavy carb day and did not meet my calorie goal, meaning going over. A good friend made some homemade Chocolate fudge and ended up over indulging and had 235 carbs.
    Much to my surprise; BG @ 9.20pm; 92. Which was exactly 2 hours after eating.

Here's hoping everyone has a great Tuesday.

WCUCATS77

t