Baseball fans...

2»

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    First of all, let it be known that Baseball is the best sport ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True story!!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Strategy, should you let your pitcher bat or should you pinch hit for him? If you pinch hit who do you through out there to hit and how will that affect your defense/bench the rest of the game? This is why the National League is far superior to the American League.
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Watching the joy my two sons (10 and 7) have when they play - win or lose, or when they watch a game in person or on TV. They love this game, and I've grown to love it too.

My youngest is in his last year of t-ball and I have to say that watching t-ball is a lot of fun. Definitely going to miss that! My older son is in kid pitch and plays catcher, center field, and occassionally gets to be the relief pitcher. Proud to be a Baseball Mom.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    this is the only thing I like about baseball:

LNx1W9D.gif

HAHA... no kidding!!!..

I remember one time I was traveling with the team and we had to sleep at the bus station.... I took a friends gym bag as a pillow and he had his shoes in there!.. dannnnnng!!!.. it didn't take me a second to jump and throw that bag far far away!!!.. :P
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    I love the no-hitter. Takes a lot of skill, but also some luck, to accomplish. And you can't count on luck, it just has to happen. I was lucky enough to see one, thrown by Kevin Brown against the SF Giants.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199706100SFN
  • xF7x
    I love the no-hitter. Takes a lot of skill, but also some luck, to accomplish. And you can't count on luck, it just has to happen. I was lucky enough to see one, thrown by Kevin Brown against the SF Giants.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199706100SFN

I have been watching the movie FOR LOVE OF THE GAME in netflix several times... if you haven't seen it.. it's nice... altogether baseball and the story in it. A no hitter.... I have never witnessed one personally.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I like going to games with my old college friends at AT&T park. Beautiful location, garlic fries, and enthusiastic friends who know the game!
  • xF7x
    I like going to games with my old college friends at AT&T park. Beautiful location, garlic fries, and enthusiastic friends who know the game!

Baseball atmosphere it's incredible... Share your opinion 100%!!!!
  • urbanplum
    urbanplum Posts: 188
    I think there is drama every moment.
    There is suspense with each and every pitch!

I understand that some think it is slow, but it is the slow build up of each pitch that makes it suspenseful and GREAT!

this!!

go braves!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    So, years ago I was told I was just not right because I cried at lights being added to Wrigley and cried again at the first night game...did this bother anyone else?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    I absolutely LOVE to see home runs hit, grand slams are better but any home run makes me smile...go Braves!! ????

As Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine would say...chicks dig the long ball.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    I love baseball...I lived in Tampa most of my life. Grew up watching the Braves on TBS but became a die hard Rays fan in '98 when I got to go to their inaugural game.

Played baseball from when I was five all the way through college. Favorite aspect is the pitching battle between the hitter and pitcher. Watching how a pitcher changes speeds and locations and varies the looks each at bat is my favorite part. Also, I love the aspect of following your team for 162 games. You really get "to know" the announcers and the players and theirs kind of a more in depth look at the team you get than with other sports.

Not a whole lot I don't love about baseball, other than the length of time and with schedule I can't seem to watch enough of it.

Cheers to a Rays and Braves world series!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member

so this GO GIANTS!

my dad would take me to giants games when i was a little girl and try and teach me how to keep the stats. i never had the head for it, but it was always a bonding time for me and my dad. its funny that my dad and always bonded over sports, given that i was never good at playing them lol. to this day if one of us gets tickets we always ask the other to come with.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    :happy:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    I enjoy trying to guess what the pitcher will throw next and I like watching pitchers set up certain hitters.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Does softball count?? :ohwell:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member

so this GO GIANTS!

my dad would take me to giants games when i was a little girl and try and teach me how to keep the stats. i never had the head for it, but it was always a bonding time for me and my dad. its funny that my dad and always bonded over sports, given that i was never good at playing them lol. to this day if one of us gets tickets we always ask the other to come with.

Same here- love going to games with my dad and keeping score.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    I enjoy trying to guess what the pitcher will throw next and I like watching pitchers set up certain hitters.
    There's an old story from when Greg Maddux was pitching - I think during his second tenure with the Cubs. As I remember it: He called the 3b over before the batter stepped into the box, advising him to be alert, because the batter was likely to pop out in 3b-line foul territory on the 3rd pitch. He predicted the AB perfectly.