When do you weigh yourself....

Okay, someone asked me this the other day and I didn't get a chance to respond and now I cannot find it. lol I know we "officially" weigh in on Sundays. What I want to know is if you weigh yourself during the week.

I am so neurotic I weigh myself at least 2-3 times a day, every day. Please someone tell me that is a bad idea. Then I get discouraged because my weight fluctuates lol. (well duh me) Im thinking I need to do it once a week only...

So how often do you weigh yourself?

-Niomi

Replies

• krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    OK I will; yes that is a bad idea. I came down with diabetes 10 years ago and the nutritionist said dont even look everyday. Supposedly this professional told me to check about 3 days or so, and to weigh just in the AM when first getting around for the day because that's when your body is the most consistant.

Course i lost like 30 to 40 pounds then got lazy stopped checking went back to my old eating habits and now look at me, speaking of DUH.... Time to do it all over again.
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    I stick to weigh ins one morning a week. Its a very bad idea to check it a few times a day, you're always going to weigh differently depending on if you've just eaten etc.
  • OK I will; yes that is a bad idea. I came down with diabetes 10 years ago and the nutritionist said dont even look everyday. Supposedly this professional told me to check about 3 days or so, and to weigh just in the AM when first getting around for the day because that's when your body is the most consistant.

Course i lost like 30 to 40 pounds then got lazy stopped checking went back to my old eating habits and now look at me, speaking of DUH.... Time to do it all over again.

LOL! Okay, I will do it once a week and no more than 2x a week ever... That will be my commitment through this 20/75 plan. It will be VERY hard for me, but I think it will help me not get discouraged.
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    I think somebody asked you when you posted that you lost a pound. Anyways, my former weigh in day was Friday mornings but I've changed it to Sunday. I do it the day after an off day, so my days off switched from Thursday to Saturday (could be dangerous ;)). I tell myself to only weight once a week, but lately I have been doing it all the time and I keep getting more discouraged. I only count my once per week, though.
  • I stick to weigh ins one morning a week. Its a very bad idea to check it a few times a day, you're always going to weigh differently depending on if you've just eaten etc.

Yes, I'm with ammebee here. As soon as you eat, drink, or go to the bathroom you're gaining or losing, s weighing more than once a day can end up being discouraging. As far as I know, usually just heart failure patients should weigh everyday to monitor potential fluid build-up. I think the rule of thumb is to weight once/week for weight loss purposes, but I do weight probably 5-6 times/week.

Just make sure it's always at the same time everyday in the same type of clothes or without. I weight first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, before eating/drinking, naked.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    My usual weigh-in day is Saturday morning, but I switched to Sunday to post on our weigh-ins! I check my weight first thing in the morning as well, before eating anything. I'm usually in the bare minimum of clothing - a tank top and underwear. One time I weighed myself in pajama pants and a t-shirt, then switched to what I normally wear and checked again, and there was a pound a half difference!
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    My weigh in days are Sunday mornings after waking up. Butt nekkid, bebeh.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    It's bad ... I check every day, but I don't fluctuations discourage me. I just up my water intake if it's up. I weigh in officially on Friday mornings.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Well I'm officially weighing in on Sundays. But I will say that I weigh myself almost every other day and go by what it says in the morning. I did weigh myself yesterday night and freaked out because It said I had gain 3.5 pounds, however when I weighed this morning it said I was down a pound (from what I weighed in on Sunday morning).
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    First thing after using bathroom on Monday morning. And of course with no clothes on. Every little bit counts.
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    I try to stick to once a week, BUT the "crazy, neurotic" creeps in sometimes.......and I find myself stepping on it daily, LOL.

I'm committed on 20/75 to only weigh once a week on Sundays!!!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    I usually weigh in once a week at work using the BIGGEST LOSER weighing scale.
    Then I weigh in for our team on Sundays. This weekend is my assessment with my personal trainer so I will be weighed in Friday too. Too much weigh in for me!! :noway:
  • Sirli_79
    Sirli_79 Posts: 31
    I weigh myself every morning and after my workouts.:tongue:
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    I stick to weigh ins one morning a week. Its a very bad idea to check it a few times a day, you're always going to weigh differently depending on if you've just eaten etc.

I like to weigh myself every morning, before my cup of coffee. I do see fluctuations during the week. But at this point, I need that daily reminder; it's a motivator for me.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    I'll be weighing once a week on Sunday morning for this challenge. I never weigh after a work-out as I am usually down a pound or two from the sweating! I weigh naked, after peeing, pooping, clipping my nails, taking off my wedding ring and having a haircut! I will be bald by the time our 75 days is up! LMAO!! Just kidding about those last few things...but the first three things...yes!
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    I have to admit that I am addicted to my scale, I weigh in the morning, afternoon, and at bed. It is a sick obsession because I know that things will fluctuate for all kinds of reasons but I just can't stop. I almost have panic attacks if I don't do it! So my challenge throughout this 75 days will be to only weigh myself in the mornings. I know that I will not be able to quit all together so I think that will be a good start!
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    First thing after using bathroom on Monday morning. And of course with no clothes on. Every little bit counts.

Same here!