My story of sweet revenge (pics)

usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Replies

• 1tjs10
    1tjs10 Posts: 8 Member
    WOW, WOW & WOW!! You are a true inspiration. You looking AMAZING. Thank you for posting. :)
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Woman---what a freakin' inspiration you are!!!

And yes, your transformation is sweet revenge, indeed. I'm so glad that you've done this for yourself.

btw, amazing tattoos. Love the Japanese artwork.
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Great job getting to where you are today. You are an inspiration :)
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you for this!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Absolutely amazing.
  • YES!!!!
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    So inspiring! Way to go girl!
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    WOW! I have chills! Amazing!
  • lowerh22
    lowerh22 Posts: 20 Member
    you look AMAZING!!! x
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Oh my gosh! AMAZING. You look KILLER. Congrats! Way to inspire!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    how amazing! what a complete inspiration. congrats on earning your degree & having your own little home to take care off, too. those are great accomplishments worth mentioning as well. and more importantly, you're teaching your kids how to manage a healthy lifestyle around all of that. you look amazing, congrats!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    kick *kitten*!!
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome thanks so much for sharing!!! You look amazing love the tattoos.
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    You ARE amazing and a true inspiration!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Wow- sorry about the marriage! Congratulations on ur transformation! U look fabulous!! What type of workouts? Do u eat clean?
  • Sadore
    Sadore Posts: 27 Member
    Holy crap! You look awesome!!! Great job. You deserve it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!