Anyone ready to start a C25K schedule?

Just curious if anyone was ready to start a C25K schedule....I'm going to start the 9 week plan and thought it would be nice to have someone else who may be wanting to start with me :) Ya never know until you ask, right? Someone out here might be looking to try it as well so let's hit this one out of the yard together :drinker:

Replies

• taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    I am!! I've been doing JM workouts for a while, did the shred in march and started ripped on sat. Always wanted to be able to run, treadmill is currently a glorified clothes hanger....lol Would love to use it for what it was intended. I even downloaded the app for my phone yesterday:)
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    would be great to have someone "along for the ride" :) I'm literally starting week 1 and fairly new to this but I am gonna try....tryin' is still better than those doing nothing right ? :wink:
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Me! I've been reading about it and have decided I'd like to give it a try.
  • BobcatGirl110
    Christina....let's do this! I am starting week1 day 1 tonight but my theory is as long as we are doing it together then that's awesome. I'm using an app for droid called rundouble...but there are others and also for iphone which are all similar. I'm sending you a FR so we can support each other while we do this :) I'm new to this stuff but doing something is better than doing nothing so I'm starting at the beginning :)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    I have been doing C25K and I will complete Week 5 tomorrow! I know I am not just starting, but if you'd like more support I am happy to help. I can serve as proof you can do it and survive :0)
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Im just starting week 2 tonight :) feel free to add me if you like!
  • BobcatGirl110
    YEAH! Now we have our buddies to look up to as you are ahead of us! awesome :)
  • w_bc
    w_bc Posts: 6 Member
    My husband and I are on day 4 of week 1 and I would love the extra support! We are starting out walking and then hope to graduate to running.
  • BobcatGirl110
    yeah :) Today was day one for me so I'm sending you a FR :) I would love to have others doing the program also.....being ahead of me means I have someone to look up to :)
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    I'd love to join this group :smile:
    I completed day 1 of C25K on Tuesday, I'm combining it with strength training and pilates at the gym. I'll update every session with my progress and together we can support and motivate each other :happy:
  • BobcatGirl110
    I completed week 1....anyone else try it or make progress in your C25k schedule?
  • IamDoe
    IamDoe Posts: 24
    I did Week 2 Day 1 today!
  • BobcatGirl110
    yeah lamdoe :) I did W2D2 yesterday so I'm right there with you :)
  • I'm just starting it today! Has anyone seen any results yet from it?
  • IamDoe
    IamDoe Posts: 24
    Week 2 Day 3 DONE!

Days 2 and 3 were pretty rough on me. I am wondering if it's because I gave blood (double red blood cells the day before day 2. Whatever the reason, push through it and move on! Today I ran through a light drizzle (yes I did!!).

Week 1 ended with a 5 lb weight loss. I can definitely see a difference in me and in my conditioning. It is AWESOME to be able to run. I am so excited. I LOVE THIS!

CBJFan did you do day 3 today?
    Kelly awesome! How are you feeling so far?
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    I just finished Week 3 day 3.

I'll be going on a two-week vacation in a couple of weeks, so I won't be ahead for long.

I think you will love it. I've told myself (and everyone else) for over 50 years that I don't run. My legs are too long, my feet are too flat, my belly is too fat....

However, when I saw the results that others were getting, I just had to try it.

Like every week when I finish, I'm daunted by what is ahead, but I got through week 3 and I can't wait for Monday to do week 4.

Add me to your group if you'd like!!
  • BobcatGirl110
    ohheyitsfelic- the results are nice but depends on what type of results you are looking for. I have been shedding pounds but I’m also keeping in my calorie range and running or walking 6 days a week.

lamDoe – I DID do W2D3! I actually intended to start W3D1 last night and I did run but it was so late I didn’t run outside and so I did it on treadmill and forgot to turn off a setting on my app so it didn’t tell me when to run and when to walk SOOOOOO I made my own (ha ha…had to man!) I ran and walked two miles so I will officially do W3D1 tonight!

FitnessBarbie how awesome about vaca!!! Where are ya going???? I have a two week vaca coming up in June so I hear ya on all that! I did NOT intend to run either…for me it became a matter of math…I can burn more calories in less time (and the time was important because I get bored doing anything for too long I’m afraid) so you kinda just “fall into it” but gotta say it feels really good and I feel like I have accomplished something I never thought I could do when I get done running.

Overall on this C25k journey what I can say is I really do love it and OMG how great it feels when you feel yourself getting “stronger” and you are not huffing for air and you can recover more quickly. I couldn’t be more thrilled and I’m no small girl….I’m still at 182 so if I can do this then I keep hoping that the sky is is the limit 

Let’s do this….we CAN do this C25k thing!!!!! I’m SOOOOO GRATEFUL FOR THE SUPPORT…thank you thank you thank you <3
  • hegster23
    hegster23 Posts: 36 Member
    Count me in! I'll be doing week 2, day 1 after work tonight! Looking forward to having some buddies for this program.
  • BobcatGirl110
    Count me in! I'll be doing week 2, day 1 after work tonight! Looking forward to having some buddies for this program.

YEAH hegster23!!!! We got this :bigsmile:
  • kznovo
    kznovo Posts: 16 Member
    I just started Day 1/Week 1 yesterday! Love to see how everyone else is making out with it!