First month with MFP!

ophelian
ophelian Posts: 32 Member
This Saturday will mark my first full month using MFP and I'm already down ten pounds! A much more accelerated weight loss than I was seeing with excercise and an improved but vague diet plan. I really can't believe that a free site (with a great support system) could work so well!

The first week was a bit rough but its been smooth sailing since. The greatest challenges I've found have been a) finding healthy meal options on a college campus rife with vending machines and restaurants serving high-cal entrees and b) dating a couple of guys who LOVE to eat sugary and fried foods at restaurants and movies (one of whom is 6'5" and a hundred pounds soaking wet - *kitten*! ;D) The solution to both has been to seek out vegetarian options whenever possible and its worked out really well so far - I get home and tally the calories and they never break the bank. I also keep some almonds on hand in case of snacking emergencies (funny story involving said Skinny *kitten* offering me some of his Sour Patch Kids during a movie which I refused in favor of my secret almond stash - but that's a different thread altogether...:laugh:)

But I digress. At this rate I could see the majority of my weight lost by the end of the year but am anticipating that it will more than likely take a year to 18 months. I'm so excited and motivated and ready to keep on truckin' Thanks to all for reading and support - and best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• ophelian
    This Saturday will mark my first full month using MFP and I'm already down ten pounds! A much more accelerated weight loss than I was seeing with excercise and an improved but vague diet plan. I really can't believe that a free site (with a great support system) could work so well!

The first week was a bit rough but its been smooth sailing since. The greatest challenges I've found have been a) finding healthy meal options on a college campus rife with vending machines and restaurants serving high-cal entrees and b) dating a couple of guys who LOVE to eat sugary and fried foods at restaurants and movies (one of whom is 6'5" and a hundred pounds soaking wet - *kitten*! ;D) The solution to both has been to seek out vegetarian options whenever possible and its worked out really well so far - I get home and tally the calories and they never break the bank. I also keep some almonds on hand in case of snacking emergencies (funny story involving said Skinny *kitten* offering me some of his Sour Patch Kids during a movie which I refused in favor of my secret almond stash - but that's a different thread altogether...:laugh:)

But I digress. At this rate I could see the majority of my weight lost by the end of the year but am anticipating that it will more than likely take a year to 18 months. I'm so excited and motivated and ready to keep on truckin' Thanks to all for reading and support - and best of luck to everyone!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Awesome:drinker: You are in the right mind frame for total success.... Keep up the great job:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • CuteDove
    CuteDove Posts: 49
    congrets

:flowerforyou:
  • ophelian
    Thank you both! :)
  • today is my 30th day using MFP. lost around 7.9lbs, still working on it. need to slim down for my wedding next year, sigh.

btw, congrats!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Your doing great!
    Keep up the good work!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Congratulations on your fabulous first month!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    That is fantastic! What great inspiration for all of us!

72689.png
  • ophelian
    Thank you all so much! The best of luck to everyone! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!