Advocare 24 Day Challenge Stories???

Lori0534
Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
Hi there! I am on day 2 of the Advocare 24 day challenge! I was scared to start it, but I have to say it has been quite easy to follow and the past two days of the cleanse I have felt so much energy and have not been the least bit hungry! Excited to see the results at the end! I would love to hear any success stories and see before and after pics!

Replies

• RioMike
    RioMike Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Lori
    Congrats to you for starting the challenge! I have had great success so far. My wife lost almost 40 pounds so far and is starting another challenge tomorrow, Wednesday. We both enjoy the Spark every morning instead of coffee and have more energy, which is great!

Wait until you get int the Max Phase, and you'll likely feel even more energy!

Good luck!
    Mike
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    what happens when you stop all the supplements that raise your metabolism?
  • RioMike
    When you stop those supplements, you pretty much can go back to the status quo, where you were before you started. You might feel some sluggishness during the day. But if being on the plan made you get rid of certain foods that weren't helping you, then that alone will help.

I lost about 7 pounds on the challenge, and wasn't even trying to lose weight. Since then, I've been eating better and have not gained the weight back, and have more energy during the day, into the evening.

Ideally, you would stay on some of the supplements indefinitely (such as MNS), as a replacement for any vitamins that you're used to taking.
  • doctorwhome
    doctorwhome Posts: 59
    I started the challenge last week. The cleanse was a complete disaster for me. There is a ton of niacin in the Herbal Cleanse pills and quite a bit in Spark. It gave me a horrible itchy rash all over my face. I stopped after Day 4.

I'm currently on Day 3 of the MNS/Meal Replacement shakes and feel so much better. I don't have food cravings and I don't need to wrestle with myself to get out the door to go run. The shakes are really good, and I feel like the MNS gives me enough focus and energy to get through the day. I talked to my sponsor about what to do after the challenge. I may take ThermoPlus to see if that helps me as I continue this journey. I plan on doing the MNS portion of the challenge every 3 months until I reach my goal. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
  • ProxyFitness
    ProxyFitness Posts: 19 Member
    I am on day 3 and have lost 3 pounds. I am 27, starting weight 248. I am still in the cleanse phase and it is not bad, but you should really follow the eating recommendations or you will pay for it later. I am working out in the morning after taking spark. It gets me the start I need after about 15 minutes. I will keep you guys posted on my success.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    I started on January 7th and I've lost 45 pounds! On the challenge I lost 14 pounds and 18 inches! Loved it so much, I signed up as a distributor after the challenge! lol
  • RioMike
    Doctorwhome, too bad to hear the cleanse didn't work for you. Sounds like you react to the niacin. But good that the MNS is working the way it should. It's taking care of the cravings and giving you more energy.

ThermoPlus is one of the best values out there, since it comes as a 90-day supply. You should have plenty left over after the challenge is over. Congrats on your progress!

Zuldera, you're doing well and following the program. Spark before a workout is how I try to time mine also, although it doesn't always work that way! Soon, I want to try some of the other sports performance supplements to see how they impact my workouts.

Wow, way to go on the 45 pounds Denea! I see that you are also a distributor. Just like with me, when you see good results (for me it was my wife's), you want to promote it to friends and share the good news.
  • Lori0534
    Hi guys! Thanks for the input!!! I am on Day 4 of the cleanse and so far I feel great!!! I did cheat just a tiny bit and have a bite size of chocolate today. I had onions on my salad and I always need a bit of chocolate to cut it. I was afraid if I didn't just have a taste that I might cave and like eat a whole bar! haha I am down 1 lb. I have been running at least 3 miles everyday since starting. I had just completed Jillian Micahels 30 Day Shred. I actually was up .5 this morning, but I decided to have a snack of extreme sour pickles and even though I might have had 20 - 30 calories the sodium most likely caused me to retain water. I have been drinking a gallor or little more of water everyday and I absolutely love the shakes in the morning!!! I have had the hardest time getting 15 - 20 lbs off after having my last baby 19 months ago. I used to stay between 118-125 easily with just eating good most of the time and exercising, but I have only gotten to 136 once since having her and have been pretty much stuck between 138-140 for the long haul. I would just love to get back to 125. Hopefully this works for me and I will reach my goal by summer!!!
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    I am on day 6 of the challenge and am down 7 pounds! So far I am very pleased with it and have found it easy to follow. I am taking the catalyst supplement, and plan on taking the Thermoplus once I start the Max phase. To be honest though, I can't really tell a difference in my energy with the Spark drink? Not sure why. I am not a coffee/ soda drinker and was worried about the caffeine in the Spark, but it doesn't really effect me. That being said, I do still love the products and can't wait to see where I am at the end of the challenge!
  • Lori0534
    I am on day 6 of the challenge and am down 7 pounds! So far I am very pleased with it and have found it easy to follow. I am taking the catalyst supplement, and plan on taking the Thermoplus once I start the Max phase. To be honest though, I can't really tell a difference in my energy with the Spark drink? Not sure why. I am not a coffee/ soda drinker and was worried about the caffeine in the Spark, but it doesn't really effect me. That being said, I do still love the products and can't wait to see where I am at the end of the challenge!

I am on day 5 now and I am down 3 lbs!!! I lost 1.5 inches in my bust so far, .5 in my waist, and 1 in my hips!!! I have been running everyday, but I have followed the plan pretty strictly! I did let myself have a bite size piece of chocolate becaues I really needed something to cut the onion taste on my salad and graps just weren't doing it! I posted a success story...even though it's only been 5 days, and posted some pics from Sunday until today!
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Congrats on the loss so far Lori0534! Keep up the good work!
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    Please help me understand how you are losing all the inches? Is it the supplements? I can understand the diet part helping lose the weight. Thanks! :)
  • Lori0534
    Please help me understand how you are losing all the inches? Is it the supplements? I can understand the diet part helping lose the weight. Thanks! :)

Not sure how it works. I think this first phase removes waste and extra water resulting in inches and wait lost. Also, I have been running 2 to 3.5 miles every evening, other than tonight bc it was my rest day. It's basically just eating clean. I think the supplements just give some added energy and appetite suppressant. Plus, they are packed full of vitamins and probiotics!
  • TeraMarieD
    TeraMarieD Posts: 55
    I am on day 7 of the cleanse. I can not wait to see my results in the end! I carefully watch my food intake, take my supplements, and do cardio. I have not yet incorporated strength training. My energy is insane compared to where it used to be; that alone is enough for me to continue using the products.
  • tepppy
    tepppy Posts: 5 Member
    I finished my challenge 3 weeks ago and lost 13 pounds and 19 inches on it. I only exercised probably 5 days out of the entire challenge too.
  • lldunlap1
    lldunlap1 Posts: 1
    I am on ay 10 of the cleans and am down 7 pounds....Cant wait to start the max phase tomorrow!
  • Lori0534
    Awesome!!!
  • macho557
    macho557 Posts: 1 Member
    Im thinking of buying the advocare 34 day challenge pack. But not sure how what flavor to buy. and im not sure how to start eating clean. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • toastis
    toastis Posts: 6
    I'm on day two. So far I am ok. Fighting with my cravings for desserts, dairy and fried foods. It's absolutely funny how when I was eating clean on my own I was fine, have the Advocare system restricting me ... now I am struggling. I know it will pass, I just have to stay strong. I lost 2lbs since I started, but I did 2 different cardio workouts yesterday, whereas I normally do one. I am ingesting less caffeine than I used to even with the Spark's help, so I feel a little sluggish around mid-day but a veggie snack picks me back up. I thought I would die with the fiber drink, but it's not bad with a little tiny bit of juice and lots of water. It takes me awhile to drink it all, but I get it down. Overall, I've tolerated all the products really well. My boyfriend is doing the challenge with me. He's not as strict on eating as me nor coming off a significant amount of caffeine or soda. He says the spark has really given him a ton of energy.

I say if you are thinking about it - do it. Worse case even if you don't lose a pound, your body with be healthier. :) Good luck to all.
  • JulieSchilling
    JulieSchilling Posts: 15 Member
    I am not doing it YET...I really need my husband on board- we both need it- but I want us to get healthy together. My sister in law just finished and lost 22.3lbs without exercise, by following strictly. She has a knee injury that kept her out of her 3-4x a week of zumba- I cannot imagine how much more she would've lost with exercise! I have a back/neck injury, gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago and a new leg injury to the piriformis muscle so I feel if I focus on my eating habits right now, I can deal with the restless feeling I'm having about not exercising and then maybe I can add the exercise back in later and do another round. How is everyone doing with exercise during the challenge- feel like you have enough energy to do it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!