May 1st challenge!! Here we go!!

Replies

• xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    HI Guys! This is my first time in this challenge.
    My name is Tara and I am 36 years old, I live in Nova Scotia Canada and I love my life. I have two daughters 14 and 8 , a loving husband and a great dog named Max.
    I am a full time student studying Business Administration and I just opened Phase 2 of my business which is a Hot Tub and Pool store.
    I am in this challenge because I like to be motivated and encouraged to move my buns :-)
    Plus, if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!
    %0 Crunches completed also :-)))
  • ukaggirl
    ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Hi all, Angela here. I'm 33, have been married to my amazing husband for almost 9 years and we are working on starting a family which is my biggest motivation for losing weight. I did the April challenge and had so much fun I thought I would keep going! I love the new moves I'm learning thanks to the Don! I have a long weight loss journey ahead of me with 100 pounds to lose so I am taking it one day at a time. I am hoping to lose 10 pounds in May but will be happy with anything. I started my weight loss journey at 244 and am starting this challenge at 227.

I have discovered running and, surprisingly discovered that I actually enjoy it. I say running lightly because what I do is really jogging but someday I hope to run. I did my first 5K in April and am signed up to do another one on May 25th. I live in Kentucky and am aiming to participate in the Derby mini-marathon next year. I have met some incredible people on MFP and love the accountability. My goal is to earn my team lots of $$ this challenge so my goal is to complete every challenge including the bonus!!

Go team Aprile!!!
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi all,

My name is Dawn and I live in the winter wonderland that we call the Prairies. (Manitoba, Canada to be exact!). We got a huge dump of snow yesterday hence the "winter wonderland".

I am a Mom of 2 boys ages 11 and 14, and have been married for almost 15 years. I work full time from home with my business Prairie Lane Boutique. Because I work from home, sometimes it's easier to bury myself in my work and not exercise at all (I'm ready to change that!)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming challenges and also looking for motivation, so if anyone wants to give me the "push" that I so often need, feel free to friend me. :)

Crunches are done! Bring on the next challenge! :)

Have a great day,
    Dawn
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Hi Everyone!!!

My name is Amanda and my life is never a dull moment. I am a wife, mother of four children, full time grad student and a prospective AIT (Administrator in Training) intern at a local nursing home. I have always been overweight for as long as I can remember. The lowest I remember my weight going down was 212 and I will get back to that soon. I have gained and lost the same ~70lbs during each pregnancy and after my daughter was born 7 months ago I have about 50lbs left to lose. My goal is to become fit, strong, healthy, and weigh around 180!

For this month I would like to say goodbye to 10 pounds :smile:

To those who are new, welcome. This is a great group of people!

****50 crunches complete*****
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Hi, I am Karen I am new to this challenge but it looks great, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, like the other post said winter wonderland, I am so tired of it. Anyway I have 50 lbs to lose and it has been slow going. I have 2 children that I need to be a good role model for, but I need to start taking care of myself.

50 crunches done
  • mamajulie6
    mamajulie6 Posts: 5
    Hi my name is Julie. I am 43 and I currently reside in Caseyville, IL. I have been married 23 years this May to my Jr. High school sweetheart! I have moved 11 times in 17 years! I am an Air Force Spouse proudly serving our country! I have 6 beautiful children 19, 16, 14, 12, 6, 2! I am a stay at home mom and stay pretty busy with everyones activities! Needless to say I put myself last and I want to change that starting today! I have thyroid disease which makes losing weight a little bit of a challenge! (not making any excuses) I have lost 10 pounds since January, slowly but surely! I want to be healthy and strong so I can face the future with the many challenges ahead! I love MFP, it has helped me stay on track and I love all my cheerleaders who are there for me daily pushing me!

50 CRUNCHES DONE!!!!
  • Here it lose fat and get my confidence back.
    Want to lose 10 this month
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***

Missmegan 50 bicycle crunches complete
    Nwintersrn 50 crunches
    erin_w2012 50 crunches complete
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi, I'm Crystal from Massachusetts :) I am a 33 year old stay at home mom to 3 awesome kids. 2 boys, age 10 & 5, and a little girl, age 2 :) I have also had Hypothyroidism for the past 11 years and have been steadily putting on weight. I have lost 20 lbs, but need to lose almost 90 more :( I am on this challenge, because I have been on MFP since last October, but even with the wonderful motivation on here, I was losing hope and motivation to go on. I didn't want to give up again, so I joined this group in hopes it would kick my butt into gear, and it has! I want to lose weight to get my confidence back and feel better! Is that enough reasons?! haha :) Looking forward to another great month with my team! Go Team Sacrimoni!!!!
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm Heather, from Oregon. I'm 24 years old, and need to lose about 60 pounds. This week is my 2nd year married to my lovely husband, so I will be out of town til Sunday. I'm gonna work hard to not gain weight, but I'm also going to enjoy myself as well =) This will be my second time on the Sopranos, and lemme tell ya, the Don is a mean one! haha This is a great challenge, and very motivating! I'm so glad that I am able to be a part of it for a second time.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Team Aprile!!

I am a married, mother of 3 (only 2 are at home, since my oldest is in the Air Force) I live in the GREAT state of TEXAS :drinker:
    I work full time at our local middle school, I am very involved with the community as well as a football, baseball, basketball, cross country, track & Air Force MOM so to say I'm busy is an understatement :wink:

Coming up on the BIG 4-0 this year I decided to make some serious changes to my life so that I would be healthier & fit!

I did the April challenge and liked that it kept me accountable each day! I am currently at 231 and my goal is to drop 11 pounds this month!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Team Dante!
    Okay - it's now May 1st - so - I'm officially checking in - did 50 crunches today!
    Did 50 minutes of Body Combat(type of cardio kickboxing if not familiar) - but having to keep it lower impact due to my recovering knee. I burned about 550 calories on that, did my situps, pushups and will be walking dog for 30 minutes.

GO TEAM DANTE!
    I'm Donna - 42 yr old TX lass, Christian Mom to two great boys, wife to a blessed man(ha,ha) who is very supportive, and I'm on a journey to lose 132 lbs total because I'm much too young to have the aches and pains that I have experienced, and I don't want to develop anything that requires medication(like high blood pressure, heart disease in general, or diabetes). I also want to do a mini-triathlon in the Summer of 2014...but that's a long term goal! Please feel free to say anything you want without explanation about my diary - that's why it's public. I appreciate the "WTG" comments alot..but if you look and see I've eaten too low...eaten crap and offered no explanation...feel free to call me out if time permits. Bottom line...I am SERIOUS...so you don't have to be overly kind about it. ;D (unless I tell you I'm crying....then you better back off - ha,ha!)

I've lost 38 total since last September...but only got serious in January. Since January - I've lost 26 of those 38 lbs. I am aiming for losing 9 lbs this month...but from 5-9 will be acceptable. Had a minor knee injury about three weeks ago that sidelined me from cardio'ing like I love. However, that will not stop me from exercising. I'm doing MUCH better. I'm going to be smart ...and still burn alot of calories each week and will be working in some weights too.

Did my 50 crunches!
    Current weight 229
    Goal Weight - 220...or LOWER!

Thanks - and here's to a great month for
    The Family!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Team leotardo reporting for duty, the capo that is. To all of you who don't know me I am mdcjmom aka Tanya. I am 33 years old, a mom of 4 two boys and two girls and married to the love of my life ovrsped. We live in Kansas. I am a proud supporter of Autism Speaks as both my sons are autistic. So needless to say between work, kids, hubby and working out I am plenty busy. I have been a member of MFP since Feb. 2012. Oh and I run my own challenge for the last 10 monthes too!

I joined the Sopranos challenge last month at 274.4 as a capo to hold myself accountable for my weight. Nothing came off last month but I was working a ton of ot and not working out at all. That is all going to change this month. The ot is still there I just have to find a way to still get my workouts in.

SW 310 :explode:
    CW 274.4 :noway:
    GW 180ish???:flowerforyou:

At my lowest I was down to 246.6 but in October of 2012, I was a klutz and broke my knee in one spot and my pelvis and hip in 5. I had to have emergency surgery to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I am making amazing progress but no where near what I was able to do before my injury. I have my good days and my bad but I am determined from here on out that I will do this and quit using my injury as a reason not to. Ovrsped fixed my bike for me so if I can't walk I can ride and there is always the weights at the gym and my workout Dvds. I so have got this again.

And so this is me....:heart:
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    My Name is Sean and I live in Wheatfield, NY which is located between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. I am 47 years old and I am in this program and group with my wife Lisa. This program helps keep me accountable and motivated. I enjoy the Sopranos theme in this challenge. I like the idea that I am helping others as well. I want to lose 10 pounds in May. (lost 12 in April and 20 since Jan 1st)
  • Hi my name is Jennifer, just call me Jenn, everyone does, If you forget, think of the drink Gin, and I'll accept that as well =).
    My ultimate goal is to be down to 133, I was a lot closer years ago before my life turned upside down, but I'll get back there. This month I want to lose ten pounds. I might up this goal early next week, depending on what my lab work for anemia comes back as.

Hello everyone! I'm Heather, from Oregon. I'm 24 years old, and need to lose about 60 pounds. This week is my 2nd year married to my lovely husband, so I will be out of town til Sunday. I'm gonna work hard to not gain weight, but I'm also going to enjoy myself as well =) This will be my second time on the Sopranos, and lemme tell ya, the Don is a mean one! haha This is a great challenge, and very motivating! I'm so glad that I am able to be a part of it for a second time.

Wow I could have sworn you were married for 3 years now,, epic fail on my part >.< Congrats on reaching the two year mark!
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Introduction and crunches all done!!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Hullo there.

I'm Amber, been on MFP for a while but have only been serious with it since last November. I'm 25, live with my boyfriend, and enjoy playing League of Legends and watching Netflix with him. I work and go to school part-time, but will be finishing the semester soon and starting a second job (at a water park!) so I'll be pretty busy at the end of this month. Hopefully, though, that won't interfere at all with me kicking butt on this challenge :tongue:

I would love to lose at least 5 pounds by the end of this month -- that means getting down to 230, or lower. An inch or two off my waist and hips would be nice too! And I want to stick to my goal of lifting every other day, unless my body is sore already from work (I am a stocker and have to do lifting there).

Crunches are complete!
  • sgpamanda02
    sgpamanda02 Posts: 10
    Hi! My name is Amanda. I am 29 years old and I live near Dallas, TX. I am married with two daughters who are 4 and 2. My goal is to get down to 130, which would be another 36 pounds.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Hello, my name is Becky and I'm 42. I'm also the captain for Moltisanti crew. I am a wife to a wonderful husband and mother to an awesome daughter. I have lost over 90 pounds and have hit a wall. I joined this challenge to give myself some accountability and motivation.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Hi everyone nice to meet you, I'm Shelley from the UK. Have started the couch25k last month so I'd like to jog for 20mins non stop. Also lose 7lbs this month. Good luck everyone let's have a fab month.