It's not a journey

Replies

• harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I will end my journey of weight loss when I feel good with my body weight and look. At that point I will quit losing and hit the weights again but my journey of weight loss will become something else....
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Yet-more-hate-mail.jpg

Awww. Now I feel loved!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    As an English teacher, let me just say: connotation matters.

The little ideas attached to our words creep into our minds and form our perspectives, and it is generally accepted that a journey means you are GOING SOMEWHERE. And once you get there, then you've arrived.

Health and fitness isn't a journey. You'll never arrive. There's always gonna be someone out there somewhere doing something you can't do yet.

The trick is to figure it out before you start resting on imaginary laurels.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    I'm just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.

Took the MFP train to anywhere in the forums...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    it's a quest.

600full-quest-for-fire-photo.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    I agree OP.

Weight loss isn't a journey. It's a process.

This is a Journey.

Journey-band-03_zps5fde0100.jpg
    see that look on Steve Perry's face? Steve wants to know what is wrong with Journey \m/
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    DAMN! it is never ending :sick:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Can you please come over to the Couch to 5k board so you can get past week 4:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

It's so much better than worrying about stuff like this and trolling the forums....

But, I have been running 4 miles every Saturday. That would be taking a step backwards.

(OK.. it's treadmill running, and I can't pace myself to run in the real world nearly that far yet, but let me have my battle victory even if I haven't won the running war yet).
  • I agree that it is a lifestyle change. Let me offer you this though:

If somebody wants to call losing 100 pounds a journey, they aren't exactly incorrect by calling it a journey. As you mentioned, the definition of journey has an end point. Would it not be correct if they did lose the 100 pounds and reached the end of their journey? For example, a man weighs 315 pounds and wants to weight 215, by definition it is a journey. However, to maintain 215 pounds it would be a lifestyle change.

Either way, sending you a PM/hate mail because of your opinion is just about the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

OP, do you want some aloe vera, cause you got buurrnned.. haha j/k, calm down. :tongue:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    I saw "journey" and now I have Don't Stop Believing in my head. That's all I can contribute to this thread.

steveperrydontstopbelievin.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    7! 7 hate letters! AH AH AH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

Sorry Ricki. Nope. Not unless you want to go back.,
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    This and life in general is a journey and it ends when you die.

Now

Don't stop believing,
    Hold on to that fe-e-e-ling

Semantics schemantics. I don't see what the big deal is. Whatever metaphor works for you go ahead and use it. Any Way You Want It.

If you keep it up we will have to go our Separate Ways.

Can't we all just embrace each other with Open Arms?

Faithfully,
    Q :flowerforyou:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    I agree that it is a lifestyle change. Let me offer you this though:

If somebody wants to call losing 100 pounds a journey, they aren't exactly incorrect by calling it a journey. As you mentioned, the definition of journey has an end point. Would it not be correct if they did lose the 100 pounds and reached the end of their journey? For example, a man weighs 315 pounds and wants to weight 215, by definition it is a journey. However, to maintain 215 pounds it would be a lifestyle change.

Either way, sending you a PM/hate mail because of your opinion is just about the dumbest thing I've heard all day.
    OP, do you want some aloe vera, cause you got buurrnned.. haha j/k, calm down. :tongue:
    I dont' feel the burn. As I stated, I wanted the attention from the bullies :wink: The stated reason for the post was to detract attention from all of the why are people so mean threads that have been driving me nuts today.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member

Oh god, prom flashback :angry:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    7! 7 hate letters! AH AH AH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You've been cracking me up all day. Keep going!

Oh.. and....

NO!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member

yes i agree. you are both right.

but who cares what other people think??? i dont lol
    and for the people sending you hate mail just block them and go on with ur day. lol
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    This and life in general is a journey and it ends when you die.

Now

Don't stop believing,
    Hold on to that fe-e-e-ling

Semantics schemantics. I don't see what the big deal is. Whatever metaphor works for you go ahead and use it. Any Way You Want It.

If you keep it up we will have to go our Separate Ways.

Can't we all just embrace each other with Open Arms?

Faithfully,
    Q :flowerforyou:

Now I am groaning. Nice.
  • I agree that it is a lifestyle change. Let me offer you this though:

I dont' feel the burn. As I stated, I wanted the attention from the bullies :wink: The stated reason for the post was to detract attention from all of the why are people so mean threads that have been driving me nuts today.

Touche', I just wanted to quote the Big Bang Theory, as I heard this last night and I chuckled :laugh: <<<<me chuckling
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member

^^^THIS^^^

That said, my journey here is over. I started here to read the post all the way through. I accomplished that and now things have come to an end. My journey here is over............... BAZINGA!