It's not a journey

Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    It's not a journey but also don't stop believing. Stick to it...faithfullllllly.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Can you please come over to the Couch to 5k board so you can get past week 4:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

It's so much better than worrying about stuff like this and trolling the forums....

But, I have been running 4 miles every Saturday. That would be taking a step backwards.

(OK.. it's treadmill running, and I can't pace myself to run in the real world nearly that far yet, but let me have my battle victory even if I haven't won the running war yet).

That is too awesome. There is no winning the running war, as you well know. I must have read an older post of yours the other day....

It probably wasn't. I failed at couch to 5k a couple of years ago. This time around, I ditched the real world, and started with the treadmill. I haven't really followed any program for it, I just increase my speed and the grade a little bit, and find over time, I am able to go further and faster. Same basic priniciple, but without the targets, I lose the mental block. I just turn the tready on and run. When I'm done, I am done.

Most of us would love to be able to figure out to "just run" I tried so hard so many times and finally gave up, believing that I just wasn't *meant* to be a runner. It's great that you found a (oh, ****! What analogy do I use???) route to get there. Running is such a gift.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    <<<--- I want candy
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    <<<--- I want candy

I have some in the back of my nondescript van with no windows.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    I thought journeys involved hotels and exotic drinks. Nope, this is not a journey.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I'll just join in here since the 'journey' talk makes me want to stop believin'...

... butweight loss isn't a 'journey'. Just because some dolt on the Biggest Loser tells you that he/she is on a journey, that doesn't make it so - rather, it's a lifestyle change. A journey has a definite end - a lifestyle change goes with you for life. There is a definite and sensible difference.

Bri!:drinker: (non-alcoholic of course)

Of course. Toast your Diet Pepsi!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    this wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this post. terrible take.

Congratulations on wasting 30 seconds more responding.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I haven't sent you hatemail.

I'm saving that for the end of my journey.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

I anticipate it eagerly. How much further do you have to go?
  • Mustang_Susie
    <<<--- I want candy

I have some in the back of my nondescript van with no windows.

You're a funny guy...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

Also, When do I get the invite to come get shot at in your hood?
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Gosh, I'm thinking if it's only a word that disturbs you--you're doing fantastic!
  • likitisplit

I hope they come back and check out responses to their post at least once, just to complete the loop.
  • Skernan1644
    Skernan1644 Posts: 20
    "The reason I dont' like the journey talk, is because this is not a journey. A journey by definition is a movement from one place to another. It has an endpoint. So, for all those who claim to be on a journey, you are claiming at some point you will stop. "

We're all on a journey, dude. LIFE is a JOURNEY. We are constantly in "movement from one place to another", from beginning (birth) to end (death). Sorry you have such issues with that, but that's the way it is ..... Once upon a time, you were born. And without a doubt, you will someday die. We will all, at some point, stop our journey.

So there! IT IS A JOURNEY!!! :tongue:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

They've actually been making renovations AND arrests in the neighborhood. I might have my perfect suburbia eventually. Or at least, the wonderful joy of walking to my truck and not seeing any needles in the parking lot. :laugh:
  • Mr_Bad_Example

I hope they come back and check out responses to their post at least once, just to complete the loop.

Or to complete the journey.
  • likitisplit

Or to complete the journey.

Well, carp. If they read your post there, they might feel like they've had a rewarding experience after all. LOL.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    If it's bullying and hate mail you're really after, I could pretend you're my exhusband and let loose. :flowerforyou:

I could take that. People come in my office, and rant to get it out of their system all day long. I'm like a therapy dog that way.

Bow WowWow
    Another fun musical group
    I just love this thread OP!

yippee yo yippe yay

Crap, now I have that one stuck in my head!

I'm going to start a new journey this summer! Wait...no. Scratch that. I'm going to SEE the new Journey this summer--with Styx. :drinker:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk

They've actually been making renovations AND arrests in the neighborhood. I might have my perfect suburbia eventually. Or at least, the wonderful joy of walking to my truck and not seeing any needles in the parking lot. :laugh:

Where's the fun in that?
  • Mustang_Susie
    But I know if the world just passed us by
    Baby I know, I wouldn't have to cry, no no