HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    I got bulky too :sad:

LeenaRunssidebyside_zps9fcf8c61.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I know you didn't want "bodybuilding poses" but this is the results of a full year of all natural bodybuilding. Took lots of heavy lifting plus special diet and supplements.
    396817_10200106899570418_1426833676_n_zpsd35eacd2.jpg
    You look effing amazing, and even posed out, not at all "bulky".
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I don't have proper side by sides - but my progress was from a reasonable caloric deficit and lifting some weights.

14e23b06-7716-4547-9e59-c79386d793c0_zps33aefaae.jpg

c537f06a-1bce-4e0a-b654-47b018256549_zpscfe3cb45.jpg

Still love your transformation!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    PERFECT!!! More peeps need to see this stuff!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!! :D
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Tcu7zpP.jpg

170 lbs. Size 12 dress. Approximately 30% BF.
    Waist = 33 inches
    Hips = 41 inches
    Under bust = 38 inches
    Thighs = 23 inches
    Arms = 13 inches

Now, 5 months after starting a progressive loading heavy lifting program:

ySQwmSK.jpg

151.8 lbs. Size 4 dress. Approximately 20% BF.
    Waist = 27 inches
    Hips = 36.5 inches
    Under bust = 31 inches
    Thighs = 21.5 inches
    Arms = 11 inches

17.2 lbs lost. 4 sizes lost. Approximately 10% BF lost. 21 inches (and counting) lost.

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.

You look fantastic!
  • Same here!
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Disappointed....I actually wanted to see bulky.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Same here!

Dang slim you look great in those profile photos yourself - incidentally you also look like you could be Leaky's sister.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    I'm in the before stage, but I admire you all!!!! Keep on inspiring :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Ooooh you better stop then!!!! Tracy Anderson has the best videos! You aren't allowed to use more than 3lbs dumbells to work out!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Great inspiration. THANK YOU FOR POSTING and keep up the awesome work!!!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    2 hours a day on the elliptical will get rid of that yucky muscly manly bulkiness!

j/k you ladies look fabulous.
  • tmitchellh
    tmitchellh Posts: 20 Member
    Wow I love all these pics and how amazing you can look from lifting. Thank you for sharing!

I have been increasing weights for a year, but for women how much do you lift/increase on various machines??? I know everybody is different, but ballpark. FYI I am meeting with a trainer next week, but I never know if I am doing enough/too much.

I've got a lot to lose, but oddly over the last year or two even though I haven't had a dramatic weight loss or even INCHES I look different/better. WTH?? :huh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    AMAZING!

you-rock-desi-glitters-17.gif

:bigsmile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Fantastic, great transformation.......I bulked up too, ugh!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow I love all these pics and how amazing you can look from lifting. Thank you for sharing!

I have been increasing weights for a year, but for women how much do you lift/increase on various machines??? I know everybody is different, but ballpark. FYI I am meeting with a trainer next week, but I never know if I am doing enough/too much.

I've got a lot to lose, but oddly over the last year or two even though I haven't had a dramatic weight loss or even INCHES I look different/better. WTH?? :huh:

Speak with your trainer about getting off of the machines and doing compound lifts. Machines isolate muscle groups but compound lifts with free weights enable your body to function exactly the way it is designed to - - rather than in the one or two degrees of freedom than the engineer's designed the machines to isolate.
    This.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    I am loving this thread!! I want to fast forward time to 6 months from now so that I can share my results!!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    WOWWWW~~~!!!! How does one get started with a lifting program? I see things on the internet of course but have no idea how to do the exercises because they have names only, what weights are required, etc. Anyone point me in the right direction???? Do I have to buy a program or are there free workouts online? Looks like Stronglifts 5 x 5 requires a membership? 5/3/1 talks about weight lifting like I should know what they mean. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!