HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Ooooh you better stop then!!!! Tracy Anderson has the best videos! You aren't allowed to use more than 3lbs dumbells to work out!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So funny you mention the 3s... my gym has a 'women's only' room. I went in looking for a squat rack but was met by 3 pound dumbbells instead. And they were pink (for real). Ya think I should do 20 or 30 reps with them? Or will that bulk me up too much? LOL.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    I am assuming you are working towards a competition. Great progress and yes lifting Heavy destroys fat as long as you are consistent with a good diet. This is good stuff. If you were to just lift light and easy with high reps you wouldnt have seen the results as fast as you did. Great Job.

I agree.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Amazing work ladies...LIFT LIFT LIFT!!!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I am assuming you are working towards a competition. Great progress and yes lifting Heavy destroys fat as long as you are consistent with a good diet. This is good stuff. If you were to just lift light and easy with high reps you wouldnt have seen the results as fast as you did. Great Job.
    Actually, no, I'm not working towards a competition, but I'm flattered that you think so!

I'm just incredibly vain and I'm not a fan of seeing a squishy version of myself in the mirror.

Also, being strong is pretty effing amazing.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    A collective gif for all the amazing-ness. Way to get it, ladies

tumblr_leoswyja5u1qangpe.gif
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    :love: Sweet baby Jeebus. I obviously need to start lifting. As soon as I get to Aus I'll be contacting a couple trainer clients of mine and get crackin!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    tumblr_mek5w7nbpL1ra4tnt_zps88547198.gif

You look incredible! The rest of us heavy lifting 'BULKY OMGZ' women salute you! :drinker:

Agree! You are gorgeous!!! And funny and I want to be your friend! :heart:
  • kenj13
    kenj13 Posts: 39 Member
    Work it girl!!!! :drinker:
    Congrats on you're awesomeness!! :flowerforyou:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Told my husband I wanted to start lifting and he was worried till I showed him this thread! Thanks ladies I now have his support:flowerforyou:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Looking good.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    LOVE that more and more women are starting to realize the benefits to lifting heavy and move past the myth!! I absolutely love being strong!!

Here are my pics (lifting pic was taken about 3 months ago so I've gotten a little bit more definition since then but you get the idea). Still not at goal but getting there :wink:

Before 323lbs
    9e0b5ef0-2295-4a91-8440-2cc0dd4c0b9e_zps3546232b.jpg

Current 183lbs
    Gym12-1-13_zps75a2d729.jpg

Ummmm DAMN! Awesome results
    This is the coolest thread ever! I lift, not super heavy yet since I am still starting out, but you can't shape fat! You can only shape muscle, and it won't get bulky without man hormones or roids!!!! Keep lifting ladies you all are awesome!!!!!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member

I just wanted to say that my diet has been pretty much crap for a long time but I've been consistent in heavy lifting. My body obviously still continued to change. I would've had more progress and better results if my diet was better BUT...heavy lifting really does allow you to eat more and not see huge scale jumps or extra rolls on the tummy, as can be seen in the side-by-side I posted. I still managed to lose 20# and firm up lots of areas....while eating pop tarts, ice cream, pizza, hamburgers, etc. I'm not willing to give those foods up YET...but I am sacrificing hard abs in the process (this I know). Lifting has allowed me to endure life's bull$hit with comfort foods while not adding weight back on. This is a huge win for me. :)
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    You look magnificant!!! :drinker:

I just started lifting and I'm excited already! I was always into cardio but I found that lifting is a new and different challenge to me.
    Loving it already:heart:
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    :love: :smokin: WOWZA!! Incredi-bulk!!! WTG !!!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    All you ladies look awesome! Loving all the rock hard bodies and abs! Always good to see strong women.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    WOWWWW~~~!!!! How does one get started with a lifting program? I see things on the internet of course but have no idea how to do the exercises because they have names only, what weights are required, etc. Anyone point me in the right direction???? Do I have to buy a program or are there free workouts online? Looks like Stronglifts 5 x 5 requires a membership? 5/3/1 talks about weight lifting like I should know what they mean. :(

THIS!!! I need help knowing how to begin! I want to look like that!!! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!