How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

I need ideas because I plan to have one soon.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Any specific macros? I ate like 3000 calories with 60-70% calories from carbs for a refeed yesterday.

I would suggest lots of pasta, pizza, cake, soft pretzels, and cinnabons.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Brunch at IHOP in the morning. Cheesecake factory at dinner, including taking home a piece of cheesecake to eat right before bed.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Why is there a particular reason?
    To me just go out and enjoy a meal that you like perhaps enjoy an entire days worth of food why try and force it to be 5k?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    any reason for 5000 specifically?

target macros?

keto refeed?

For my refeeds, (after a low carb phase), I'll aim for 1g/lb of BW protein, 50-100g fat maximum and the rest carbs. The amount of carbs depends on what I've had previously.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I wouldn't
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Skip the butcher, deep fry a complete cow.

In all seriousness, if it were me, I'd hit up a Brazilian steakhouse like Fogo De Chao and enjoy all my favorite meats.
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Id start with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with real maple syrup. I know that much. I cant think of anything else atm cuz the pancakes have been on my minds for the past 3 days.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Reckless abandon? Lots of dough (cash and carbs) and stretchy pants. :noway:

8488541.png
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    I wouldn't bother, it would make me feel ill and guilty :P
  • Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

cool story jeff.

2 cups of B&J Half baked = 1,080 cal
    Large Dominos pepperoni pizza = 1, 680 cal
    Dominos cinna stix = 870 cal
    1 serving buffalo wings = 1200 cal
    Large coke = 310 cal
    > but then again, we should probably get a diet coke instead, nomsayin??

total = more than 5k.

your argument is invalid.
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    I agree with the stretchy pants!!
    Before MFP I had a special pair of eating jeans that I would wear whenever I was planning a real feast as they were nice and loose round the stomach!!

For me I could (not sure if I want to though!) eat 5000 easy in one sitting.
    It would have to be a big TGI fridays blow out!

Mouth is seriously watering now! :smile:
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Beer. Naked. All day long. And then a burger and whiskey before bed lol
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Pizza, chocolate, bacon and bread, beer. Easy!

Depends how you want your calories, do you want them to be empty or have be some what good along the day?

Bacon & eggs for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch or big serving of pasta, chocolate bar for a snack, kebab/indian/some form of takeaway for dinner with alcohol inbetween - easily 5k I'd say
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Just eat ALL THE THINGS!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    LMAO...couldn't do it! But I would give it a heck of a try, I might get to 3k before I throw in the towel or get sick...hope I would have sense enough to throw in the towel first!

What's the occasion?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW
  • No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW

yeah it is, drink a bottle of olive oil jeff. thank me later
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.