How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• mingecrackers
    mingecrackers Posts: 152
    Why the specific number? I don't think it's a good idea to have so many calories worth of unhealthy food, you're going to feel like crap for a few days after - may not be worth it :/ how about having a 2500 calorie cheat day instead?
  • I'm pretty sure for you that would classify as a binge.

Not necessarily. How unhelpful.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

:heart:
  • I'd do the following:

Breakfast: 4 egg omelet with 2 oz cheese (320 for eggs, 200 for cheese) with a protein shake make with 1 cup whole milk (150) and 2 scoops protein (240) = 910 calories

Snack: 1.5 cups premium froyo (480) topped with 2 of nuts(320) and 1/2 cup fruit (50) = 850

Lunch: 2 oz pasta (400) with 3/4 cup alfredo sauce (100), 6oz salmon flaked into pasta (300) with 1/2 cup peas mixed in (50). 1 slice garlic bread made with Ezekiel bread (80) and 1/2 tbsp butter (50)= 980 calories

Snack: 3 oz cheese (300) with 2 servings ww crackers (240) =540 calories

Dinner: sushi--2 rolls (800), miso soup and edamame (200), and seaweed salad (100) = 1100

Dessert: shared fried ice cream = 600

Grand total: 4980 calories. Don't think it qualifies as binging either.
  • That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

:heart:

Wow, just no! It very well COULD be but just because someone eats 5000 calories doesn't mean they have an eating disorder--period. You have no idea her activity level or calorie needs. You have no idea how frequently she does this. You have no idea how she FEELS about doing it (a huge part of eating disorders are mental and without this element--guilt, uncontrollable eating--then I'd say it's not a hinge.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    is there a reason you want to eat 5K calories in a day..

i am sure I could think of ways to do so, but not sure if I would want to...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Man, there is some serious self-righteousness coming out here. How do you know that the OP isn't having a "feast" or "refeed" day or, hopefully not, an operation and needs a day of high calories in preparation? Or an event? Getyaself off the soap box.

Because the title asks about a 5000 calorie CHEAT DAY. Not a refeed day....that's kinda how everyone knows.

*Hops off box & hands mic back over*
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    with jack daniels
  • richarddalli
    richarddalli Posts: 2 Member
    Epic Meal Time!
  • Man, there is some serious self-righteousness coming out here. How do you know that the OP isn't having a "feast" or "refeed" day or, hopefully not, an operation and needs a day of high calories in preparation? Or an event? Getyaself off the soap box.

Because the title asks about a 5000 calorie CHEAT DAY. Not a refeed day....that's kinda how everyone knows.

*Hops off box & hands mic back over*

So you know because of word choice. Interesting. ((Insert sarcastic face here))
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Maybe this is a complete noob question, as I am just back into my fitness journey as far as hardcore exercise and weightlifting goes - but what would the nutritional need for such a cheat day be? 5,000 cals is a bunch...and they are mostly unhealthy food suggestions to get that high of cals in for a single day. I mean it all sounds yummy...but eating pizza and cake and chugging soda...I feel like that would make someone sick after being committed to a healthy lifestyle.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Theres many ways really. Back when I used to eat 6500+ calories a day this was what I'd endup eating

-large pizza
    -cheesecake (not a slice... the entire thing)
    - like 20+ chicken wings
    - Large pepsi
    And a few other items I can't think of since its been a while

I now prefer either a nice steak dinner or some Mexican grub with a slice (or 2) of cheesecake. SOmetimes I goto the Indian buffet. Sometimes I'll goto an arab kabab shop. The possibilities are endless really! :)
  • SeattleScrambler
    SeattleScrambler Posts: 8 Member
    I clicked on this forum because I frequently climb/scramble for 9-12 hours in one day and am always trying to find ways to consume 4000+ calories that can fit in my pack, while staying healthy. So far this is the only helpful post. Thanks!

I still usually am at a huge deficit at the end of the day (No time to really sit and eat when you're climbing) so I just make sure I overeat the day before and the day after.
    I'd do the following:

Breakfast: 4 egg omelet with 2 oz cheese (320 for eggs, 200 for cheese) with a protein shake make with 1 cup whole milk (150) and 2 scoops protein (240) = 910 calories

Snack: 1.5 cups premium froyo (480) topped with 2 of nuts(320) and 1/2 cup fruit (50) = 850

Lunch: 2 oz pasta (400) with 3/4 cup alfredo sauce (100), 6oz salmon flaked into pasta (300) with 1/2 cup peas mixed in (50). 1 slice garlic bread made with Ezekiel bread (80) and 1/2 tbsp butter (50)= 980 calories

Snack: 3 oz cheese (300) with 2 servings ww crackers (240) =540 calories

Dinner: sushi--2 rolls (800), miso soup and edamame (200), and seaweed salad (100) = 1100

Dessert: shared fried ice cream = 600

Grand total: 4980 calories. Don't think it qualifies as binging either.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm more than a little curious about why the OP hasn't answered the questions about why she wants to do this...?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    I need ideas because I plan to have one soon.

I can't imagine how bad I would feel digestively, the next day. My intestines and colon would be in shock. But I used to do it all the time. Just eat the whole day at McDonalds and supersize everything.

Bleck. :sick: :noway: :sick:
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    If you want to eat 5000 calories ( not quite sure why) I don't think you need to plan.

Just eat whatever you like with no regard.

Doesn't planning it defeat the purpose, but again, I'm really not sure what the purpose is.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    like this:

nom-funny-cookie-monster.gif
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Maybe this is a complete noob question, as I am just back into my fitness journey as far as hardcore exercise and weightlifting goes - but what would the nutritional need for such a cheat day be? 5,000 cals is a bunch...and they are mostly unhealthy food suggestions to get that high of cals in for a single day. I mean it all sounds yummy...but eating pizza and cake and chugging soda...I feel like that would make someone sick after being committed to a healthy lifestyle.

calm cravings, jump start metabolism and provide a little extra energy. after a 5000 calorie cheat day, you'll never wanna have another, kinda keeps your diet in check
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    If I was to eat that much, it would have to be well planned.

I'd start with cheese omelet and bacon for breakfast, lots of bacon and lots of cheese. I'd have to get some tomatoes and cucumbers just so I wouldn't feel nauseous from the fat.

Then I'd have to snack on some nuts, after a serious work-out, like chopping wood or something.

For lunch, I probably couldn't stand the sight of meat, so it would have to be nachos with loads of guacamole. Avocados are incredibly dense in calories.

Then I'd have to hike to the top of a mountain, to get hungry for dinner. Perhaps bring some chocolate to nibble, in case of low blood sugar.

For dinner, I'd make stew, preferably lamb or venison, something where the fat will really soak into potatoes and other root vegetables. Then a serious dose of almond and chocolate cake for dessert. And some nuts.

Then I'd pass out on the couch, after all the food and exercize.

Considering, this looks like a regular autumn week-end at the cabin. Absolutely doable.