How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I'm not 100% sure why you want to do this but I'm not going to judge you since we all have our reasons.

Also, judging from the OP's ticker, she's trying to GAIN weight.

One of my favorite dinners (& it makes a good breakfast) is:
    Arnold sandwich thin (replace with real bread or a bagel)
    homemade turkey burger (around 200cals)
    A fried egg (or two, use butter to up the cals further if you wish)
    Cheese (I use a little less than an ounce)
    Half an avocado (mash it on the bread)

It's so good and filling, it clocks in around 450-500 cals (depends on the cheese & amount of avocado) and if you cook stuff in butter and use different bread, you can get it even higher.

Make a smoothie with one frozen banana, banana chobani greek yogurt, protein powder, and like 1/2c almond milk. That'll get you up there as well.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

Bold words. Lady you might wanna get off your high horse.

5,000 for a cheat day is perfectly fine. Thats aside from the asumption that the OP is making a general statement talking about a calorie number that in her mind is very high (even though for many, its not). 5,000 is not really that much. Did you tried counting your thanksgiving dinner? Its easily above 5,000 calories.
  • taunto
    That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

:heart:

Wow, just no! It very well COULD be but just because someone eats 5000 calories doesn't mean they have an eating disorder--period. You have no idea her activity level or calorie needs. You have no idea how frequently she does this. You have no idea how she FEELS about doing it (a huge part of eating disorders are mental and without this element--guilt, uncontrollable eating--then I'd say it's not a hinge.

Then why not wait until she comes back an actually answers one of the 20 people who have asked her why 5k. Having 10,000 posts doesn't automatically make you correct.

It is just my guess but.. possibly because the OP doesn't really owe anyone an answer as to WHY she asked for 5k?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

okkkkkkk then.

I am interested in more details!

Also, many people have probably gotten into that range before logging...thanksgiving, 4th of July, Christmas, whatever occasion...pie adds up.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    I'd hit the Cheese Burger and Fries, with Mayo for a start

Ice cream would be a must

And a trip to the movies should finish it off nicely
  • taunto
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

Used to eat 6,500 calories on a daily bases. It was destructive however I still do "cheat days" of 4500+ calories. Whats it to you? Why am I being judged by somebody who doesn't have the stomach to eat that much?

I mean are you trying to lose weight? How much did you used to eat before? Because I can bet you that I can find people who will call you out on whats "****ed up" about those amount of calories

XD (because somehow this smily face makes it aaaaal ok!)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Go ahead and call me a freak if you wish, but I don't see that 5000 for one day is so out of this world gross or indicative of an eating disorder. I have maintained for 30 yrs, 5 ft tall at 115 lbs, and yet, I think I could do this. I wouldn't do it, but that's beside the point.
    I don't know the OP's reason for doing this, and maybe her reason is dysfunctional? I don't know. But heck, I could go to the Cheesecake Factory and make a serious intake of calories without trying too hard, and not feel gross doing it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I wouldn't.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    I don't know how anyone would "plan" a 5000 calorie day??? I mean, how do you KNOW you're going to eat that much? haha

I'm not saying it'd be hard, wrong, or etc ... I just don't if I've ever INTENTIONALY ate that much haha

Hmmmm -- I'm sure it'd involve lots of naughty, greasy, sweet, rich food though!!! I'd looooove some French cuisine (LOTS of fresh bread!!) or German sausages, dark beer, etc YUM!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Maybe this is a complete noob question, as I am just back into my fitness journey as far as hardcore exercise and weightlifting goes - but what would the nutritional need for such a cheat day be? 5,000 cals is a bunch...and they are mostly unhealthy food suggestions to get that high of cals in for a single day. I mean it all sounds yummy...but eating pizza and cake and chugging soda...I feel like that would make someone sick after being committed to a healthy lifestyle.

calm cravings, jump start metabolism and provide a little extra energy. after a 5000 calorie cheat day, you'll never wanna have another, kinda keeps your diet in check

Makes sense
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    I think even if I ate pizza and cheesecake all day I wouldnt get that high, but yeh, that would be how
  • taunto
    I don't know how anyone would "plan" a 5000 calorie day??? I mean, how do you KNOW you're going to eat that much? haha

I'm not saying it'd be hard, wrong, or etc ... I just don't if I've ever INTENTIONALY ate that much haha

Hmmmm -- I'm sure it'd involve lots of naughty, greasy, sweet, rich food though!!! I'd looooove some French cuisine (LOTS of fresh bread!!) or German sausages, dark beer, etc YUM!

5k is easy for me (and any of my very fit friends on MFP). often times when I go to the buffet I just estimate that I ate like 3,500 - 4,500 calories and thats just one meal. Easy :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member

I'd plan it so I'd have the food at home for it.
    OP mentioned a 3k Chinese buffet day and a 4.5k Golden Corral Day but that she wanted to do it different this time.

So planning to know what groceries to have on hand would help her here
  • Go ahead and call me a freak if you wish, but I don't see that 5000 for one day is so out of this world gross or indicative of an eating disorder. I have maintained for 30 yrs, 5 ft tall at 115 lbs, and yet, I think I could do this. I wouldn't do it, but that's beside the point.
    I don't know the OP's reason for doing this, and maybe her reason is dysfunctional? I don't know. But heck, I could go to the Cheesecake Factory and make a serious intake of calories without trying too hard, and not feel gross doing it.

Word!! Even similar stats! I can do it and I have done it. It's truly not that hard.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Chocolate.... lots and lots of chocolate.

Preferrably slathered all over someone hot and hulky!
  • taunto
    Chocolate.... lots and lots of chocolate.

Preferrably slathered all over someone hot and hulky!

I have some good swiss chocolate and the temperature here is very high...
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I eat upwards of 5000 calories every Friday and I don't have an eating disorder, nor have I gained any of the weight I lost back from doing so.

I don't specifically target that number though, it just happens to add up over the course of the day.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would do this and what is a "refeed" day? As an aspiring Personal Trainer, I should probably know this stuff...?? :ohwell:

I suppose if for some reason I NEEDED to reach 5k cals in one day, this is how I would do it:

Western Omelet with buttered biscuit for breakfast 300, 310

Chipotle chicken burrito bowl (including guac) with chips for lunch 645, 570

Five Guys burger with fries dipped in ranch for dinner. 840, 953, 160

2 slices of supreme pizza with ranch late night snack? 600, 160

slice of turtle cheese cake 340 OR Edwards Hershey Pie 450

Total: 4878-4988

...but usually I would have any one of those during the weekend and eat healthy the rest of the time. No need to go to extremes for me.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've hit 5000 recently, but I didn't plan the day out. For me it was a big breakfast, IPA and tripel hopped beer, cuban sandwich, roast beef sandwich, chicken wings, a couple orders of french fries from a gourmet fry shop, some specialty popsicles, huge slice of pizza, and barbecue. There was more in there, but I don't remember it all.

I lived to tell the tale and didn't actually gain any weight from the day. One binge day doesn't hurt anyone. It's day after day of eating that way that does.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member

You people? :huh: