How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

cool story jeff.

2 cups of B&J Half baked = 1,080 cal
    Large Dominos pepperoni pizza = 1, 680 cal
    Dominos cinna stix = 870 cal
    1 serving buffalo wings = 1200 cal
    Large coke = 310 cal
    > but then again, we should probably get a diet coke instead, nomsayin??

total = more than 5k.

your argument is invalid.

Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

Why are either of you on a weight loss/fitness website. They have them for ppl who wish to gain weight.

Because people do bulk/cut cycles. And it's a FITNESS website, not just for weight loss. People who want to gain weight can count calories too.

Jeez, you're a wanker.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    I think I would honestly struggle to eat 5K of cals a day now although all it would take is a call to Dominoes and actually eating the crap I want to (5K of cals before my weightless 'journey' was probably a weekly occasion)
    If you eat large amounts of lean meats/fruits/veggies I'm sure you can do it a healthier way.
    If not, sod it and run to the Ben and Jerry's!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    There would be no way I would do a 5K day as a "planned cheat day". I would feel disgusting, bloated and sick.

My only suggestion for you is that if you're going to eat so much, eat good food. Stuffing yourself full of crappy, cheap fast food seems like a waste when you could eat all those calories of delicious food that is also good for you.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

Why are either of you on a weight loss/fitness website. They have them for ppl who wish to gain weight.

Not everybody eats like you do.

and how do you know how or what I eat? If the person in the photo presenting the ques was a 300 lb man or even a body builder physique woman I would not question the desire to reach 5K. She looks petite to me.

I'm agreeing with whoever said eating disorder.

Activity level....

That's a LOT of activity!

it's just a thought or maybe a Ques, but if we're talking activity isn't that another form of an eating disorder. Like the lady who stayed on her treadmill 12 - 14 hours out of her day EVERYDAY.

And I'm pretty sure she used the word "cheat."
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    I wouldn't really plan it. Just eat what you want that day. Go a day without logging. It's good for the soul.
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Grilled Cheese Doughnut Nuff' said.

I plan on eating on for my 40th birthday this year, it will be amazing and I don't care it's my 40th birthday.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    All you got to do is eat out for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner....you'll hit 5k without even thinking about it.

IHOP breakfast - most of them that include pancakes or any pastry are 1k+

Any burger/fries place for lunch - 850-1500 depending on the order.

3 pieces of Pizza Hut pan pizza for dinner - 1100ish

An indulgent dessert - 5-800

Some late night homemade cookies to top it off.

Just ensure you went to the grocery store ahead of time and bought some toilet paper....you're gonna need it.
  • Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

cool story jeff.

Large coke = 310 cal

total = more than 5k.

The ignorance of this comment is unreal..Go on and be disgusted, I have eaten 5,000 a day before, more than once...I am SOOOO disgusting!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member

and how do you know how or what I eat? If the person in the photo presenting the ques was a 300 lb man or even a body builder physique woman I would not question the desire to reach 5K. She looks petite to me.

I'm basing my comment off yours that a 5k day was borderline disgusting to you, and your belief that people who eat like that (which would include me) don't belong on myfitnesspal since it wasn't designed for them.

If someone's TDEE is 2500, which is not at all unreasonable for a petite woman who stays active, and that lady ate 2,000 calories per day, then a single 5,000 calorie refeed EVERY week would still put her at a deficit for the week, without actually trying too hard.

Add to that very reasonable scenario the fact that some people perform physically grueling activities, and it's even more plausible. Say that petite woman with a 2500 TDEE started training seriously for a marathon or triathlon. TDEE would go up substantially, particularly on the week of the event (something about preparing for an event or recovering from it properly, I don't know).

But no, you're right. There's absolutely no reason why a woman should ever be eating that much, it's obviously a sign of an eating disorder. Interestingly enough, jumping to eating disorder is not passing judgement but when I say people don't eat like you do that is.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    why stop at 5000?

Here's 6400 in one 'meal'...The Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta: 3,120 calories. "This dish has the dubious distinction of delivering more calories than any other entree on the menu.

" Smoothie King's Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie (40-oz. size): 1,460 calories.

Maggiano's Little Italy's Chocolate Zuccotto Cake: 1,820 calories. "Each slice is five inches tall and four inches wide and weighs just short of a pound."

if you do, however, you might not live to tell us about it
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

Wow. Harsh for no reason. I think anyone could eat 5k calories and probably has. Go to the movies and eat a popcorn with butter.....that is about 1200-1500 calories.

Stop at an Outback. Share a cheese fries, extra ranch. Have a beer or two or three. Maybe have a bloomin onion. There is another 3000 calories.

Eat a pint of B&J ice cream later for dessert. That is another 1000 calories.

All of the above is 5200-5500 calories.

Now for the afternoon.......
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member

You people? :huh:

I know right? SMH. Yep, I'll take it. I'm f'd up alright.

I like my f'd up friends who're f'd up with me.

And my f'd up friends eat more than the non f'd up people on MFP and still have amazing healthy bodies!

So really... who's the really f'd up on in this scenario?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

I'm basing my comment off yours that a 5k day was borderline disgusting to you, and your belief that people who eat like that (which would include me) don't belong on myfitnesspal since it wasn't designed for them.

If someone's TDEE is 2500, which is not at all unreasonable for a petite woman who stays active, and that lady ate 2,000 calories per day, then a single 5,000 calorie refeed EVERY week would still put her at a deficit for the week, without actually trying too hard.

Add to that very reasonable scenario the fact that some people perform physically grueling activities, and it's even more plausible. Say that petite woman with a 2500 TDEE started training seriously for a marathon or triathlon. TDEE would go up substantially, particularly on the week of the event (something about preparing for an event or recovering from it properly, I don't know).

But no, you're right. There's absolutely no reason why a woman should ever be eating that much, it's obviously a sign of an eating disorder. Interestingly enough, jumping to eating disorder is not passing judgement but when I say people don't eat like you do that is.

And BOOM goes the dynamite..:flowerforyou:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    I had a day out for a birthday and had chinese food and ice cream so easily it could have been 3-4000cals that day! Its easy to do when you have a special day or main event to go to, as you never know the calorie content or how the food is cooked
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I wouldn't.
  • No thanks!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Light breakfast and lunch.

Tasting menu at The Fat Duck for dinner along with wine, apéritifs and digestifs.

Happy days.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I imagine most, if not all posting here, have ingested 5000 at some point but would rather delude themselves into thinking they have not because they did not count calories at that time. It is quite obvious how easy it is from the insane calorie counts on many restaurant meals. Just an average bowl of pasta with seafood sauce cost me over 700 last night. Add 500 for ice cream, 130 for a cappuccino, 200 for a piece of garlic bread, 400 for half a banana and cream waffle, 400 for a homemade chocolate brownie, 100 for some broccoli, handful of jelly beans at 140, a few chocolates for 120 and a sandwich for 400 and that is already at 3100 with just dinner out and after dinner treats. (It was my birthday, incidentally. Hence the high calorie intake and I walked 8 miles that day and ran and walked 12 miles the day before).

This is also a site for fitness, not specifically weight loss and I really think it is time people got that little fact straight.
    Some come here with specific body composition goals which can involve high calorie needs.
    Some do full marathons and it does not take a brain of Britain to work out how many calories one might need the night before to fuel that.
    Some simply need to gain weight.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Go here
    > Fogo de Chao

or any other Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse

PURE HEAVEN!!!!!!! :love:
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    lol, i like this response...

cool story jeff.

Large coke = 310 cal

total = more than 5k.