How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• Hotesse
    Hotesse Posts: 3 Member
    well I just killed my limit today my eating a handful of Cashew nuts twice (in total about 150 gramms) It was not even filling. So if you snack on nut's you'll quickly add 2000 cal without feeling to binged out...
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    i could easily down 5000 calories!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Thats no cheat, that's a binge. My cheat days (and they are rare) are 2500 calories at most, and usually less.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    I would never intentionally do this, however if I did I would probably drink ALOT of those calories, Starbucks, Cokes and all those other yummy sugary, fat filled beverages I have given up. Followed by pasta and pizza and cheese and...ohh geeze now I'm getting hungry!
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    AGAIN, my reply was to the PETITE girl in the photo. Don't just read what you want of it and dismiss the rest. I'm not at all surprised or disgusted that SOME ppl can eat 5K a day. Hell, that's not even enough for some ppl.

THE PETITE GIRL WHO POSTED THIS USED THE WORD "CHEAT."

It's not that complicated. If you took it personal and applied my comment to yourself, then that's all about you and YOUR insecurities. I WAS REPLYING TO THE 100 LB GIRL IN THE PHOTO!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    200g protein then go nuts.
    Thats no cheat, that's a binge. My cheat days (and they are rare) are 2500 calories at most, and usually less.
    And that's my every day intake. Everybody has different metabolic rates, exercise plans and approaches to their diet.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

I don't think you understand the word binge, it is the mindset and not being in control. So if someone is planning it out, it would be controlled, no?

Golf clap for your epic "cheat" days though
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    A case of the my favorite beer and as much crawfish as I can eat.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    No thanks!

I am amazed at how many people feel they need to comment on this with something negative or No, not me, eww, I could never.

Great.

Move on.

There is a thread about how to choose the right bra. I didn't log in and comment "I am a guy, I don't choose bras. This isn't for me"

There is a thread about chosing a model of motorcycle, I didn't comment "I could never, they are dangerous, you people are stupid. Ewwwww. Dumb."

If you have no ideas or suggestions on how this person can accomplish her fabulous goal of 5k carloies for a cheat day, then click on the next topic about commenting on the person above you...and be honest.

She wasn't asking for your permission.

Now, start by drinking a protein shake, but instead of water use maple syrup and ranch dressing to mix it together. Mmmmmm.....ranchy protein syrup.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    I need ideas because I plan to have one soon.

OMG why would you even want to?

Also you say you need to plan it? By saying that it sounds like you intend to have a massive binge.

Since I've been eating better I doubt id manage 2500 Calories let alone 5000. To me that's just silly.

There is nothing wrong g with having a nice meal out but 5000 calories in one sitting? Heart attack waiting to happen!
  • AGAIN, my reply was to the PETITE girl in the photo. Don't just read what you want of it and dismiss the rest. I'm not at all surprised or disgusted that SOME ppl can eat 5K a day. Hell, that's not even enough for some ppl.

THE PETITE GIRL WHO POSTED THIS USED THE WORD "CHEAT."

It's not that complicated. If you took it personal and applied my comment to yourself, then that's all about you and YOUR insecurities. I WAS REPLYING TO THE 100 LB GIRL IN THE PHOTO!

And how does her being 100 pounds change things?
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    I wouldn't really plan it. Just eat what you want that day. Go a day without logging. It's good for the soul.

Well-said!

Call it a "Liberation Day" vs. Cheat Day :bigsmile:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member

No disrespect here, but I notice that you are a 65 yr old woman post knee replacement surgery. Age, gender, activity levels matter.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    A year and a half ago or so ago, it may have shocked me to hear 5000, but then again I was 40, fat, and thought I ha to eat very low calories to lose weight.

I weight train heavy 3 x a week, and take a 45 minute walk almost every day.

I can maintain easily on 2200 to 2500 calories now.

I am pretty sure an extra 2500 wouldnt even register on the scale.

Also, to people getting so mad...relax.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    My husband eats 3-6k calories a day, it is possible lol. If you're exercising the rest of the week and have saved up calories why not and even if you don't you shouldn't feel guilty if you planned for it lol.

I'd have, if I could eat this much, 2 giant chocolate chip pancakes (plate sized) with real syrup, a whole box of carne asada fries, a green chili burrito, a triple Whataburger with green chili and 3 large chocolate shakes to go with each meal lol. And a whole lemon roll cake =). I can dream lol.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

Why are either of you on a weight loss/fitness website. They have them for ppl who wish to gain weight.

Not everybody eats like you do.

and how do you know how or what I eat? If the person in the photo presenting the ques was a 300 lb man or even a body builder physique woman I would not question the desire to reach 5K. She looks petite to me.

I'm agreeing with whoever said eating disorder.

I'm basing my comment off yours that a 5k day was borderline disgusting to you, and your belief that people who eat like that (which would include me) don't belong on myfitnesspal since it wasn't designed for them.

If someone's TDEE is 2500, which is not at all unreasonable for a petite woman who stays active, and that lady ate 2,000 calories per day, then a single 5,000 calorie refeed EVERY week would still put her at a deficit for the week, without actually trying too hard.

Add to that very reasonable scenario the fact that some people perform physically grueling activities, and it's even more plausible. Say that petite woman with a 2500 TDEE started training seriously for a marathon or triathlon. TDEE would go up substantially, particularly on the week of the event (something about preparing for an event or recovering from it properly, I don't know).

But no, you're right. There's absolutely no reason why a woman should ever be eating that much, it's obviously a sign of an eating disorder. Interestingly enough, jumping to eating disorder is not passing judgement but when I say people don't eat like you do that is.

HUH? I never thought you implied I had a eating disorder nor would that ever cross my mind that anybody would say or think that about me. Again, maybe it's more about you or what you think ppl are thinking. I'm VERY secure with who I am!
    The ques was simply "how do you know what or how I eat?" You read waaaay too much into that. It was simply a statement stating that as for I can recall WE don't live together so "how would you know how or what I eat?' LMAO @ U!
  • I wouldn't. My biggest "cheat" day might be 3000. I think 5000 is a bit ridiculous.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    A year and a half ago or so ago, it may have shocked me to hear 5000, but then again I was 40, fat, and thought I ha to eat very low calories to lose weight.

I weight train heavy 3 x a week, and take a 45 minute walk almost every day.

I can maintain easily on 2200 to 2500 calories now.

I am pretty sure an extra 2500 wouldnt even register on the scale.

Also, to people getting so mad...relax.

Cranky says relax!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    IHOP or Cracker barrel(nothin better then pancakes or biscuits and gravy with chocolate milk), great american cookie company or an ice cream place, then id go to a chinese buffet or go to Hardees and get on of those massive burgers with the onion straws on it and cheese and jalapenos mmmmm (this is making me hungry) and of course with a giant dr pepper if it was taco bell id drink mtn dew.....yup im drooling over here
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    This thread has made my arteries clog, just by reading through it.

:laugh: