How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Just eat ALL THE THINGS!

^^^ all of them.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    AGAIN, my reply was to the PETITE girl in the photo. Don't just read what you want of it and dismiss the rest. I'm not at all surprised or disgusted that SOME ppl can eat 5K a day. Hell, that's not even enough for some ppl.

THE PETITE GIRL WHO POSTED THIS USED THE WORD "CHEAT."

It's not that complicated. If you took it personal and applied my comment to yourself, then that's all about you and YOUR insecurities. I WAS REPLYING TO THE 100 LB GIRL IN THE PHOTO!

And how does her being 100 pounds change things?

I know you're smarter than that, come on really? You think 100 lb 19 yo female petite can burn 5000K in a day?
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    I ate like this every day as a teenager. Of course, I had a morning paper route (miles of walking with heavy papers hanging off your shoulders) and cross country practice or track (all long distances) every day after school. I had trouble keeping up with my caloric needs. In addition to what you might call "regular food" I had an additional three PB&J sandwiches for lunch and three more for a little snack before bed.

Now if I ate like that, I'd be a little chubby. But I agree with those that say if calories are your goal for the day, hit up the pizza. It's the right combination of carbs, fat, cheese, and salt to make the whole experience worthwhile.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Watch honey boo boo.. Eat what they eat.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW

On days of 2-3 hour workouts, or back to back soccer games, my goal (to lose 1 lb) goes to 1800 to 2800-3300 calories. And I could easily fill that up with healthy, if calorie-laiden foods. To get to 5K, here would be my plan:

IE eggs, protein smoothie, peanut butter/banana toast for breakfast (900 calories or so)
    avocados and quinoa/chicken/sweet potato chili with sour cream for lunch (700 calories or so)
    throw in a protein bar, almonds, mangoes, string cheese, greek yogurt, and edamame for snacks (1300 calories)
    and then have almond crusted salmon with wild rice, an asparagus/mushroom saute and cheesecake for dessert (1000 calories)

Oh look, about 5K in calories. Easy.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    AGAIN, my reply was to the PETITE girl in the photo. Don't just read what you want of it and dismiss the rest. I'm not at all surprised or disgusted that SOME ppl can eat 5K a day. Hell, that's not even enough for some ppl.

It's not that complicated. If you took it personal and applied my comment to yourself, then that's all about you and YOUR insecurities. I WAS REPLYING TO THE 100 LB GIRL IN THE PHOTO!

I know you're smarter than that, come on really? You think 100 lb 19 yo female petite can burn 5000K in a day?

I think she could.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW

I think you're confusing healthy with being miserable. Being healthy (physically and mentally) means to allow yourself to eat everything albeit in moderation. Moderation is clearly something OP and many of the folks giving her idea practice. Else OP wouldn't need suggestion.

When you deny yourself the simple pleasure of eating something you like just for the sake of "oh, its not healthy", thats when you have a problem. However, that is what I think. You don't have to live by my practices and I don't have to live by yours.

I hope you enjoy refusing yourself food. Or at the very least, enjoy the success. I really do hope you success
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

I know you are smarter than to think she could not.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member

What if that isn't the objective of the cheat day?

You know she could be aiming at glycogen replenishment, trying to spike her metabolism or something else.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    i had over 7000 calories in one day last year, and logged it, and yes the counter goes up that high :huh:

last year i was 11 and a half stone, and i ate anything and everything i could to get my weight back up, this day i was working hard (manual job)

and i just felt that hungry

i ate roughly 45 digestive biscuits, 8 weetabix for breakfast with full fat milk and sugar, a big mcdonalds for lunch, and a 1500 calorie dinner, which i can't remember for the life of me what it was.

all of it was weighed or portioned correctly and logged correctly, if it goes back that far you'll see it in my diary

to all the nay sayers giving it OMG YOU COULD NEVER EAT THAT MUCH?!?!?! how the **** do you think people get to 300 - 400 lbs? jesus eating 5000 calories is not that big of a deal for one day, get over yourselves
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I feel sorry for people who CAN'T eat 5000 calories in a day. I am quite petite, and I could do it with very little effort.

OP: Bravo, honey. I'd start with some ginormous chocolate chip pancakes and maple syrup. And bacon. Then like 5 Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. A ribeye or two. Probably a dozen peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I bet that's more than 5000 calories right there.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member

You know she could be aiming at glycogen replenishment, trying to spike her metabolism or something else.

I think everyone is overthikning this.

I think she wants a handful of corn dogs. Nothing more. No stretch goals. Just a day of ice cream and beer dipped in ranch dressing.
  • homerjspartan
    I feel sorry for people who CAN'T eat 5000 calories in a day. I am quite petite, and I could do it with very little effort.

OP: Bravo, honey. I'd start with some ginormous chocolate chip pancakes and maple syrup. And bacon. Then like 5 Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. A ribeye or two. Probably a dozen peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I bet that's more than 5000 calories right there.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    I honestly don't know if I could consume many calories in one day. I think if I tried I would feel very nauseous and sick to my stomach. I'm not saying you should have cheat day, but WOW 5000 calories that's a lot.

Have fun.... Really I would think if you want to get to 5000, all you need to do is eat ANYTHING and everything you want....
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Chili Cheese Fries at Outback Steak house. That is almost 2k cals alone on just the appetizer.
  • homerjspartan
    I honestly don't know if I could consume many calories in one day. I think if I tried I would feel very nauseous and sick to my stomach. I'm not saying you should have cheat day, but WOW 5000 calories that's a lot.

283z5.gif
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member

283z5.gif

Agreed. I mean, I can point to many a music festival or all day drinking fest where I must have consumed 4-6K in calories. A hamburger, fries, a gyro, funnel cake, ice cream, and lots of beer and those calories sure go by quick.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111

I think everyone is overthikning this.

I think she wants a handful of corn dogs. Nothing more. No stretch goals. Just a day of ice cream and beer dipped in ranch dressing.

YEP, until she gets on here herself and states her purpose it's all just speculation.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    HUH? I never thought you implied I had a eating disorder nor would that ever cross my mind that anybody would say or think that about me. Again, maybe it's more about you or what you think ppl are thinking. I'm VERY secure with who I am!
    The ques was simply "how do you know what or how I eat?" You read waaaay too much into that. It was simply a statement stating that as for I can recall WE don't live together so "how would you know how or what I eat?' LMAO @ U!

I didn't say you had an eating disorder, reading fail. Based on your comments I do feel it's safe to say that you don't have 5k calorie refeeds. Some people, like me, do. So yes, not everyone eats like you do.
    Sunday - 500 calorie deficit
    Monday - 500 calorie deficit
    Tuesday - 500 calorie deficit
    Wednesday - 500 calorie deficit
    Thursday - 500 calorie deficit
    Friday - 500 calorie deficit
    Saturday - 2500 calorie surplus
    2500 calorie surplus - ( 500 calorie deficit * 6 ) = EATING DISORDER

Ooh wait! I could make the math even more complicated!

100 lb female, 19 years old, 5 feet tall (just a guess that at 100lbs she'd be on the shorter side)

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
    sedentary tdee: 1532

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html?bcsi_scan_f904c614ec67d155=0&bcsi_scan_filename=marathon.html
    Marathon training plan, week 20, 10 min mile run pace for short distances, 12 min mile jog pace for long distances, 20 min mile walk pace. Assumed 60 minutes of yoga on days when not running.

Calorie burns calculated using:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp

Monday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Tuesday - 30 min run: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Wednesday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Thursday - 30 min run: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Friday - 60 min walk: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Saturday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Sunday - 240 min jog: TDEE 1532+ 1513 = 3048

Total daily average TDEE: 1950
    Total daily average exercise: 75 minutes

So, this 100 lb 19 year old exercising for 1.25 hours per day and trying to maintain her weight should eat 1450 calories per day Sunday through Friday, and 4950 on Saturday so that she'll have ample energy for her long Sunday run. And that's assuming she's not trying to gain weight because 100 lbs is so very heavy.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197

283z5.gif

Hey, just because you can eat that much, doesn't mean everybody can. And I'm not saying I don't have my days were over my calorie intake, I would be lying if I said. I'm just saying 5000 calories, thats a lot. But, to each their own.