Alli - Anyone use this?

I want to use this in conjunction with eating better and excercising. Anyone try this?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    I haven't because of the line on the box that says "may cause anal leakage."

I'm not going to use any product that may result in spontaneous diarrhea or other things I can't control.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    It's great if you don't mind crapping yourself in public.
  • I haven't because of the line on the box that says "may cause anal leakage."

I'm not going to use any product that may result in spontaneous diarrhea or other things I can't control.

^^^^^^ That. I've always been interested, but that does it for me. Nothing is worth anal leakage or oily gassy stools that you may not have control over. I'd rather just do it without and aid and let the process take longer.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    No. Ok if you want to pooh in your pants.
  • It says you need to keep grams of fat under 15 per meal(time you take the pill). Most of my meals are under 10. So I don't think 'anal leakage' is going to be an issue. It is a concern though. Keep weighing in guys. Hoping to hear from people that have tried it.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    I wouldn't ........ a coworker used this ...... and was ALWAYS in the damn bathroom :noway:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    If you keep your fat grams per day under 10 then the pill isn't going to do anything for you anyway. The idea of it is to eliminate excess fat from your gut by the quick exit route. There are no magic weight loss pills out there.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    There is no magic pill. Just eat healthy and exercise.
    :-)
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    I want to use this in conjunction with eating better and excercising. Anyone try this?
    did use this years ago- it was awful- I just cannot put in print how awful- and I was watching my fat intake and everything.
    AWFUL.
    plus it messes up your system for long term...
    DON'T!
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    It's great if you don't mind crapping yourself in public.

^^^ I died.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    I did this years ago and I followed the instructions to the LETTER and I still had issues. Believe me, you do not want to do this. But if you do, make sure you take a change of clothes EVERYWHERE.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    There is no magic pill. Just eat healthy and exercise.
    :-)

This!!! Plus you will gain it all back plus some when you stop taking them
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member

All that you need for success is 'eating better and exercising'....your own words. If you have to ask a question about a product you already have doubts. Save yourself time, money and anal leakage.....just stick to a healthy diet and exercise.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Anal leakage is not okay. There is no magic pill. Eat well and exercise.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    It's called aversion therapy. After you have been humiliated and made uncomfortable several times, you will learn to reduce your fat intake.
    The same as if I followed you around and beat you with a stick whenever you ate too much. You'd soon learn not to eat too much. Well, in front of me anyway.
    You'd soon learn to just leave me at home.

It doesn't work. It's just physical punishment in the hope that it will change your behaviour.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    It says you need to keep grams of fat under 15 per meal(time you take the pill). Most of my meals are under 10. So I don't think 'anal leakage' is going to be an issue. It is a concern though. Keep weighing in guys. Hoping to hear from people that have tried it.

If you are going to eat low fat already ..... why pay $$ for pills that "force" you to eat low fat?

Fat is not really the enemy anyway...... if you continue to eat (too) large portions of everything except fat .... you can gain weight while taking Alli .....:seems pointless. :flowerforyou:
  • Heathert24
    Heathert24 Posts: 17 Member
    I will admit that I tried it and lost weight. However, I was so afraid of the side effects that I ate very little fat. Way under the recommended amount. I had none of the bad side effects, but I'm also 100% sure that I could have had the same results by not taking the pills and just eating healthy. Waste of money for me.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Like someone else said, it's not even going to work if you're eating 10g of fat or less per meal, so what's the point then?
  • Peni_Davidson
    Peni_Davidson Posts: 54 Member
    One thing to keep in mind is that it blocks the bodys ability to digest and absorb fat, hence the anal leakage. Remember some vitamins are fat-soluble and need to piggy back on it to be digested.
  • LouiseDavis65
    LouiseDavis65 Posts: 30 Member
    I had no idea there was a pill that caused these things - I live with IBS-D (and have since I was a child) ---- it is a worry for me of this happening when I wake up with a bad stomach. Don't take a pill that could even possibly cause this (and has a warning on the package!) --- it is just not worth the stress. At least you can avoid it by not taking a pill --- I want a pill that will make my IBS go away :(