How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Option 1: Fogo. I'd get a salad or something, too. With their fat bacon strips. Maybe White Castle later.

Option 2: MN State Fair. Maybe White Castle later.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    HUH? I never thought you implied I had a eating disorder nor would that ever cross my mind that anybody would say or think that about me. Again, maybe it's more about you or what you think ppl are thinking. I'm VERY secure with who I am!
    The ques was simply "how do you know what or how I eat?" You read waaaay too much into that. It was simply a statement stating that as for I can recall WE don't live together so "how would you know how or what I eat?' LMAO @ U!

I didn't say you had an eating disorder, reading fail. Based on your comments I do feel it's safe to say that you don't have 5k calorie refeeds. Some people, like me, do. So yes, not everyone eats like you do.
    I know you're smarter than that, come on really? You think 100 lb 19 yo female petite can burn 5000K in a day?
    Sunday - 500 calorie deficit
    Monday - 500 calorie deficit
    Tuesday - 500 calorie deficit
    Wednesday - 500 calorie deficit
    Thursday - 500 calorie deficit
    Friday - 500 calorie deficit
    Saturday - 2500 calorie surplus
    2500 calorie surplus - ( 500 calorie deficit * 6 ) = EATING DISORDER

Ooh wait! I could make the math even more complicated!

100 lb female, 19 years old, 5 feet tall (just a guess that at 100lbs she'd be on the shorter side)

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
    sedentary tdee: 1532

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html?bcsi_scan_f904c614ec67d155=0&bcsi_scan_filename=marathon.html
    Marathon training plan, week 20, 10 min mile run pace for short distances, 12 min mile jog pace for long distances, 20 min mile walk pace. Assumed 60 minutes of yoga on days when not running.

Calorie burns calculated using:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp

Monday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Tuesday - 30 min run: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Wednesday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Thursday - 30 min run: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Friday - 60 min walk: TDEE 1532 + 227 = 1759
    Saturday - 60 min yoga: TDEE 1532 + 254 = 1786
    Sunday - 240 min jog: TDEE 1532+ 1513 = 3048

Total daily average TDEE: 1950
    Total daily average exercise: 75 minutes

So, this 100 lb 19 year old exercising for 1.25 hours per day and trying to maintain her weight should eat 1450 calories per day Sunday through Friday, and 4950 on Saturday so that she'll have ample energy for her long Sunday run. And that's assuming she's not trying to gain weight because 100 lbs is so very heavy.

You're averaging over a week. Go reread the original post, kk?

It says "looking to have a 5000 cal cheat DAY. (Not week, sweetie!)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member

You do understand that your body doesn't just reset at midnight right? Read my post again. There's a 5k cheat DAY in it which takes into account everything done for the week.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I honestly don't know if I could consume many calories in one day. I think if I tried I would feel very nauseous and sick to my stomach. I'm not saying you should have cheat day, but WOW 5000 calories that's a lot.

283z5.gif

Hey, just because you can eat that much, doesn't mean everybody can. And I'm not saying I don't have my days were over my calorie intake, I would be lying if I said. I'm just saying 5000 calories, thats a lot. But, to each their own.

OK. Great. She WAS asking for suggestions. WASN'T asking permission. She didn't ask whether she should or whether other people do. She asked how, yet so many feel the need to chime in with "OMG, 5k in one day, you whale, you beast, you heathen.... THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU.... BE GONE DEMON....."

Please note that my punching GIF was not focused on you. There have been 50 posts of "OMG, 5k...how could you...." you were just the last.

I really hope this OP is a troll. I want to thank her. And ask how to get off this 37 foot soapbox I am on.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    I honestly don't know if I could consume many calories in one day. I think if I tried I would feel very nauseous and sick to my stomach. I'm not saying you should have cheat day, but WOW 5000 calories that's a lot.

283z5.gif

Hey, just because you can eat that much, doesn't mean everybody can. And I'm not saying I don't have my days were over my calorie intake, I would be lying if I said. I'm just saying 5000 calories, thats a lot. But, to each their own.

OK. Great. She WAS asking for suggestions. WASN'T asking permission. She didn't ask whether she should or whether other people do. She asked how, yet so many feel the need to chime in with "OMG, 5k in one day, you whale, you beast, you heathen.... THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU.... BE GONE DEMON....."

Please note that my punching GIF was not focused on you. There have been 50 posts of "OMG, 5k...how could you...." you were just the last.

I really hope this OP is a troll. I want to thank her. And ask how to get off this 37 foot soapbox I am on.

LOL.... Ok sweetie have a good day.... :laugh:
  • jodigirl03

283z5.gif

AMEN! Bottom line: some ppl can do that, some ppl can not and she has not been back to specify.

End of conversation.

Enjoy your day. Have some birthday cake ice cream for me please. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I'd check with my doctor first to have myself committed...because I'd have to be crazy to do that.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

You do understand that your body doesn't just reset at midnight right? Read my post again. There's a 5k cheat DAY in it which takes into account everything done for the week.

you forgot the "sweetie" back, you know, so you can be condescending as well.
  • ArroganceInStep
    I'd check with my doctor first to have myself committed...because I'd have to be crazy to do that.

Helpful
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

Reading comprehension is awesome.
  • jodigirl03

No, I didn't click on all your links or follow up on your math equations. You gave an EXAMPLE. If you don't know her REAL LIFE stats and I don't know them either, I'm not going to argue w you about some cyber fitness hero you've created in you're mind.
  • jodigirl03

Reading comprehension is awesome.

Bored this morning?
  • carlytenney
    carlytenney Posts: 31 Member
    Go to a Chinese food buffet
  • ArroganceInStep
    No, I didn't click on all your links or follow up on your math equations. You gave an EXAMPLE. If you don't know her REAL LIFE stats and I don't know them either, I'm not going to argue w you about some cyber fitness hero you've created in you're mind.

So you're going to vote in favor of someone having an eating disorder, but when I present a perfectly reasonable scenario where a such a calorie intake is not only possible but makes sense you claim that because I don't know the specifics my point is invalid? My point wasn't at all that my scenario was exactly who the OP was, but rather to show that her situation might not be all that extraordinary.

I am contesting your claim that such a diet is likely to be the result of an eating disorder. That's a horrible thing to say. If you're going to take the high road and say talk about knowing all the facts, it would make more sense to do so before you say she's an eating disorder.

And I'm sorry that simple addition and division was too much to keep track of.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I used to do a cheat day but then "occasionally" turned into sever days a week. I try to work in a few treats over the week. If I get an ice cream sundae I try not to get in the mind set that it "ruined" my day.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    5,000 calories wow - I still feel bad for eating that big chunk of irish soda bread....That must have been over 1,000 on its own!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Go watch Man vs. Food, That's more than 10000 calories per episode.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    hahaha..love this!
  • jodigirl03

you forgot the "sweetie" back, you know, so you can be condescending as well.

You've had so many intelligent things to say to contribute to the conversation today, instead of just following me around like a lost puppy dog. Just thought you might be bored today.
    Did you know exercise burn more calories than chasing someone all over the internet? Yea, think I'll go get mine.
    ENJOY :)
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Step One - Calculate Calories in 20 beers.
    Step Two - Minus those calories from 5000
    Step Three - Drink Beer
    Step Four - Fill in rest of cals with more beer.