Alli - Anyone use this?

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    if you take alli-youll have no choice but to eat healthy.

from a friend, "beware farts, hiccups, laughter, sneezes, and coughing."
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Not only does it have numerous bad side effects but it's not even that effective.

It prevents your body from absorbing the fat in your diet and dietary fat is actually good for you.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    It says you need to keep grams of fat under 15 per meal(time you take the pill). Most of my meals are under 10. So I don't think 'anal leakage' is going to be an issue. It is a concern though. Keep weighing in guys. Hoping to hear from people that have tried it.

Fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

Fat is essential. It helps your brain and organs function. You don't need to go low fat to lose weight. All you need is a moderate calorie deficit, time, and a little patience.

Worked for me (see ticker).
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hey it smells like a anal oil slick in here.
    That is what you will hear all day!
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    If you keep your fat grams per day under 10 then the pill isn't going to do anything for you anyway. The idea of it is to eliminate excess fat from your gut by the quick exit route. There are no magic weight loss pills out there.

^ Exactly what I was going to say. Just pretend you took the pill and don't go over 15 :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Yes... Please excuse me, I must run to the bathroom to change my pants. Again.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Ok I admit I tried it. And it totally works. As in even if you stay under you fat allowance you still 'poop' out the extra fat. It does its job. The problem with that is orange smelly butt-oil will stain all of your underwear. It will literally take weeks to get the smell out of anything. It will stain your toilet. Your gas will also share that same nauseating smell. And don't pass in public because not only will you not 'get away with it' there is still a good chance some will come out. It is probably the nastiest thing I have ever experienced.
    Fart in your sleep? Better hope not!
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Not only does it have numerous bad side effects but it's not even that effective.

It prevents your body from absorbing the fat in your diet and dietary fat is actually good for you.

this^^
    Plus my best friend at work tried it and only lasted 2 weeks cuz even keeping her fat grams below what the pills recommend she STILL had a leaky *kitten*. She said it took a whole month for her tummy to get right after only 2 weeks on it. Boooo says I!!
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Thank you to all who have spared me, and maybe 100s of others from public humiliation and a horrific experience. i cannot even believe such a product is approved by the FDA, and that speaks volumes of what is on the shelf to "help" you lose weight. I considered it once or twice, but it was too expensive, and damn, I'm sure glad I didn't! I'm having great success with logging, excercise and eating right, and there is just something to be said for the old fashioned way.

If there were a magic bullet, we would not have an obese society. Insurance companies would give it away if it worked. Until they start giving diet pills away, I'm sticking with a sensible diet and excercise. I like all my clothes thank you, and something tells me I would have to throw anything I wore in such a state in the trash.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yeah, right! Like I need more skid marks!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I will admit that I tried it and lost weight. However, I was so afraid of the side effects that I ate very little fat. Way under the recommended amount. I had none of the bad side effects, but I'm also 100% sure that I could have had the same results by not taking the pills and just eating healthy. Waste of money for me.

I was going to post exactly this. I only used it for a short time years ago (given to me by my doctor when it was still prescription), but I was so afraid of side effects I definitely ate better. So hard to say if it really did work, or if I was losing b/c of my restrictive diet.

Having said all that, the biggest fear is exercising while taking it. Anything that exerts pressure is a concern.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    BUMP
  • kygirl1956
    kygirl1956 Posts: 3 Member
    No never tried. I don't think I will. I will just keep adjusting my workouts and trying to eat right until I reach my goal. Good luck to you!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    A boyfriend of mine had heard good things about it so he decided to try it out of curiosity. He's an ex now.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    A boyfriend of mine had heard good things about it so he decided to try it out of curiosity. He's an ex now.

He's lucky you let him go. Hopefully he is with someone more supportive now who can handle ups and downs and possible silly decisions because we all make them.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member

He's lucky you let him go. Hopefully he is with someone more supportive now who can handle ups and downs and possible silly decisions because we all make them.

Not sure if trolling...or serious.

I forgot to use my JK/Sarcasm font. Calm yourself.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I have to say I'm absolutely fascinated that people voluntarily take something that will make them *kitten* themselves in pubic. Eat better, workout more.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    It says you need to keep grams of fat under 15 per meal(time you take the pill). Most of my meals are under 10. So I don't think 'anal leakage' is going to be an issue. It is a concern though. Keep weighing in guys. Hoping to hear from people that have tried it.

I had an acquaintence from work use Alli. She said she was very careful about her fat gram intake and still had the uncontrollable leaking problem. You can smell it, too, and it ain't good. She eventually stopped using Alli, even tho she said the leak problem "got better" (and she didn't specify as to what "better" meant) because she wasn't having a lot of luck with it. Your mileage may vary of course, but the uncontrollable leaking smelly poo grease is a substantial consideration imo.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    I have to say I'm absolutely fascinated that people voluntarily take something that will make them *kitten* themselves in pubic. Eat better, workout more.

EXACTLY--
  • AlohaKeAkua
    AlohaKeAkua Posts: 92
    I have no shame for this following comment! It was my fault I tried it, so I can fully admit to it!!!
    I used Alli for a little bit. It does as it says, that is for sure. However, I "oiled" my pants one morning before work. It only took one good sneeze!! I am SO thankful I was still at home!!! That was the last day I took the pill!! Eat well and move your booty. Old fashion is the best!