My man tits hurt

I've been hitting the elliptical pretty hard recently and yesterday my shirt was chafing against my man boobs. Ended up being VERY uncomfortable for a little while was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I'm not gonna wear a sports bra or anything lol but it was just irritating...

Why I'm posting this is beyond me ridicule shall follow...

Replies

• activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    At the running room or any sporting store I would think you can purchase nipple gards for men, I am not sure what they look like but I hear great reviews on them from the male walkers in my group. Try these... Good luck :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Sounds like you need a sports "bro"! :laugh: Hmmm, maybe should run to the patent office now...
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Would a compression shirt help?

Not going to ridicule you, but please don't ridicule us. The word "t*ts" is pretty disgusting. Would appreciate you changing that word.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    <---- not offended by the word 'tits'.

Maybe nipple guards or a compression shirt? Or maybe you can put like oil or cream on them before you work out?
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Would a compression shirt help?

Not going to ridicule you, but please don't ridicule us. The word "t*ts" is pretty disgusting. Would appreciate you changing that word.

Who doesn't love tits?

Try a compression shirt, should help keep you under control. I can't run without my compression shorts
  • bluesrockerman
    bluesrockerman Posts: 21 Member
    apply band aids before working out
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    <<covering my face>> ... yes, I have had this too. For me, it just kinda stopped eventually. I have a friend who is really into running who advised me to cover them with bandaids. Never tried it, but sounds like a good idea.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    You can solve this with a thin undershirt.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    <<covering my face>> ... yes, I have had this too. For me, it just kinda stopped eventually. I have a friend who is really into running who advised me to cover them with bandaids. Never tried it, but sounds like a good idea.

File this under BAD idea. Speaking from experience. I used to run, and before I found the right sports bra my wrong sports bra would cause this unbearable chaffing. Band aids over the nipples hurt like a mofo when you have to take them off later.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm not offended by the word tits either...b00bies on the other hand, gets on my nerves. As for the nipple rub, try putting something over top of them, like bandaids, or vaseline. Or go buy some baby bum cream ( seriously, it works). The inside of your shirt might get a little messy, but your nipples won't feel like they're on fire
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Band-aids, or at least get a high quality shirt like Under Armour. You can't wear cotton. If you don't, they will bleed.
  • winchestervol63
    winchestervol63 Posts: 47 Member
    Use to run into this all the time playing basketball. Guess I solved it by getting old and quitting basketball...lol.

Bandaids, vaseline, and compression shirts are all good ideas. Try each of them and figure out what works best for you and your activities, maybe.
  • Would a compression shirt help?

Oh s**t... stop, just stop.

Compression shirt! No shame!
  • bigbrownkid
    bigbrownkid Posts: 83
    some people are unlikely, i am one of them with this problem also

theres many things you can try
    first dont wear cotton shirts if you sweat alot, get dri fit clothes( if budget is a problem walmart has them for around 10 dollars)
    try bodyglide or even taping them if they are really bad
    if you go really intense wear compression shirts it will completely solve the problem

this is coming from a person that gets really bad nipple scrapes and even used to bleed if i ran to much.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    LOL! Maybe try using good fabric softener to soften your clothes? I really only commented on this thread so "My man tits hurt" would pop up on my newsfeed LOL. Good luck though.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458

File this under BAD idea. Speaking from experience. I used to run, and before I found the right sports bra my wrong sports bra would cause this unbearable chaffing. Band aids over the nipples hurt like a mofo when you have to take them off later.

Thanks Mallory! I will definitely not try this now after hearing that! Experience can be a painful teacher!
  • Band-aids on the man boobs
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member

I don't know if it would be as bad for guys. We need male test subjects of varying aureola diameters and chest hair density to get an accurate pool of data.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    I wasn't trying to offend some people but honestly its the internet ya can't win no matter what you do. Maybe next time I'll call them bazongas.

Yea I've ran before in the past and didn't have an issue has just been the last two times I've ran. It's not enough to make me stop but I'll check out the ideas here!

Thanks!

Before I posted this I laughed so hell if you can't laugh at yourself then whats the point?