new to running..underwear?

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    What underwear? :blushing:

EXACTLY!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    I wear cotton bikini briefs and don't have an issue with them falling down. Is that a solution for you, no idea. Body shape could be a factor along with run style. Good luck finding some behaving panties.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Commando.

Problem solved.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Underwear? I have never once run with underwear.

There are liners made to wear under shorts - they are really a tighter pair of shorts, some running shorts have a built in liner, and my running tights/crops all are fine without underwear too.

Adding layers usually means adding chafing. The fewest number of layers the better.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Ran a race this weekend. . .half marathon. . .and a spectator was holding a sign that said "Smile if you're NOT wearing underwear." That got a smile out of me! Only wear undies during TOM when I run. My shorts have liners and my capris. . well, I just don't care.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    NOT boy shorts! They will fall down (at least in my opinion they do). I know a lot of ladies I run with wear thongs :ohwell:

Wow, quite a running club! :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    judge if you want, but i run without underwear. or my old track and cross country shorts that have built in underwear. those are awesome i need to find more
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Commando.

Problem solved.

This. Though, at least for guys... make sure the shorts are not coarse..... you heard of nipple burn.... well other stuff burns worse.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    If I wear a run skirt or shorts with a liner, I go commando. No sense in wearing highly technical wicking fabric over soggy cotton in the area that you need to keep the driest.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Depends. Sometimes thong, sometimes bikini. I wear a thong if I wear tight shorts/ yoga pants/ compression shorts. These items don't let my butt cheeks bounce around and therefore can wear a thong lol, maybe other people don't have this problem. If I wear looser shorts, I wear the bikini type underwear bottoms because I really don't like the feeling of bouncing butt cheeks..
  • judge if you want, but i run without underwear. or my old track and cross country shorts that have built in underwear. those are awesome i need to find more

I am sure that a lot of brands have this, but I have some from Under Armour and they are seriously super comfotable! $25-30 I believe.
  • likitisplit
    Go to a running store and get fitted. They can analyze your chafing and get you in the underwear that's right for you.

LOL. I want to try this now!!!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    workout tights. No undies. I don't know how I ever ran in shorts before.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    What underwear? :blushing:

EXACTLY!

YUP. I bought some Nike running capri tights/pants, tried to wear them with underwear and it looked horrible, felt horrible too. So yeah, none. And I second or third the Glide for women anti-chaffe stuff, it works well.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    judge if you want, but i run without underwear. or my old track and cross country shorts that have built in underwear. those are awesome i need to find more

I am sure that a lot of brands have this, but I have some from Under Armour and they are seriously super comfotable! $25-30 I believe.

thanks!! i absoultely love the shorts i stole from the school before we got our own uniforms to buy, i only have 2 pairs though. i believe they are made by adidas but they're amazing
  • Miss_Carol
    Miss_Carol Posts: 4 Member
    I wear leggings because my legs rub together and shorts over them, no underwear, they drive me nuts, thongs kill me. Undie free when working out works best for me.
  • likitisplit
    I'm using the Body Glide "Skin Glide" liquid balm today because I'm wearing a skirt and it is AWESOME!
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Commando.

Problem solved.

This. Though, at least for guys... make sure the shorts are not coarse..... you heard of nipple burn.... well other stuff burns worse.

Honey, women can get chafed too, and trust me, it's not a good thing.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    I don't wear them with workout clothes. Never have.
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Commando.

Problem solved.

YEAH....what she said!!!