TDEE help???

I know this question has been asked millions of times....BUT.....what is my TDEE??

I went to a website that has a TDEE calculator and it says my TDEE is 2916, so if I did 20% less to lose weight, I would need to eat 2333. THAT IS A LOT!!! MFP has me set up to eat 1500+burnt calories. I am doing zumba 3x's a week and burning around 400 each time. So that just puts me eating 1900cal on exercise days, 1500 on off days.

Please help me figure out what I should be eating, I have not lost anything for 3 weeks.

Here's my stats. 35yo female, 5'9.5" & 263 pounds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• I just posted about this too! I'll be watching this thread as well, but I'm thinking I should go up, not as far as the TDEE - 30%, but more than MFP.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    MFP recommendation + exercise calories is one method.

TDEE - a percentage is a different method.

Both will work. I recommend TDEE method because it is the same amount of calories each day and leaves little room for error when it comes to estimating the caloric burns. Not to mention it is a method that focuses on fat loss and not just weight loss.

Your TDEE is calculated as 2686 (putting you as light activity which is 1-3 workouts a week)

Using this method i would underestimate just a little to account for potential overestimating on caloric intake but that is just how i would do it. In your shoes i would set my calorie goal at 2100 and really focus on weights to ensure you maintain your muscle and lose body fat.

Hope that helps
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Of u fill in 2 pounds of loss a week it will.
    -20p is save, more nor
  • jdad1
    Just to clarify for the Original poster of this thread.

My reccomendation about your TDEE was for 1-3 workouts a week

Guitarjerry gave you numbers for 3-5 workouts per week.

Just so you are not confused as to why we gave you two different numbers. (i would go with 1-3 workouts though.) :smile:

You can always workout more if you want.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    I would highly recommend reading this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

I found it so helpful!!
  • jdad1
    -20p is save, more nor

Ignore this post, it will hurt your head to read.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    -20p is save, more nor

Someone's been hitting the bottle.
    lol!!!