What do you do with your medals?

I did my first ever race - a 10 mile Westminster Women's Classic Virtual - and have a pretty pink medal now, but... what do you do with your medals? And do you keep your bibs? If so, what do you do with those?

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Scrapbook 'em.
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    No medals yet, but all of my bibs are on a corkboard on my FIGJAM wall.. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    My medals are hanging on the wall in the office. I'm a show-off like that. My bibs are in a box in the closet.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    My medals are hanging on a corkboard by my laptop. I would like to eventually purchase an official medal holder. :)
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Scrapbook 'em.

Even medals?
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I did my first ever race - a 10 mile Westminster Women's Classic Virtual - and have a pretty pink medal now, but... what do you do with your medals? And do you keep your bibs? If so, what do you do with those?

I don't race or compete but just wanted to say congrats on your first race ! maybe pin up on a wall? or find a nice picture frame??
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Pint it up ona wall, my brother has one wrapped around an award e hung up - a few of mien I used as bling for an old cute teddy bear Mother had given me for Valentine's day and it's just teh right size but a few I hang on the knobs for the windows especially useful if one of the mechanisms is broken...A useless knob to open windows make s a good medal holder! But I'd like to buy a medal holder soon.

as for bibs...I keep them in a drawer in a box-like space inside the drawer itself. Have kept them for every single race! On the back i'll write down the name of event and the year (depending on the race that's not provided on the bib) under the event name/date I'll write my guide's name (I'm legally blind), my time, the weather, how I felt and that sorta thing but all one under the other so taht it's neat in a way and doesn't take up say 2 lines on the back of the bib
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    I have a wall in my garage with all my bibs, medals, and awards hanging on it like a big collage. It keeps me motivated.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    well, having earned medals in track in high school and college (from various meets), i keep all my medals in my bottom drawer in boxes, and my bibs and another other memorabilia from those days either in my scrapbook, or if i got shirts they are in the closet and i wear them as workout shirts.
  • jessicae1aine
    I have a wall in my garage with all my bibs, medals, and awards hanging on it like a big collage. It keeps me motivated.

This is pretty awesome! :D
  • jessicae1aine

I don't race or compete but just wanted to say congrats on your first race ! maybe pin up on a wall? or find a nice picture frame??

Thank you! :)
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    my dad actually bought a frame just for his medals. he has 5 atm 2 from the marathon and 3 from the half marathon. i think? i cant remember xD...

but every time he went to do them... i never been able to make em. cause of the fact that.... i was always working and they told me to not take a day off cause of it... >.<
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Take a picture with them then store them. In fact my first few body building contest trophies, I chucked. Why? Because I know I achieved those and don't believe in living on my past efforts but what I'm doing now. Yeah, it's odd, but it works for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Medals : I'm making a holder for mine - still looking for the perfect doorknobs to hang the medals from. Right now they're scattered around the house.

Race bibs: I only keep the big special ones (special meaning or bigger races), the rest get thrown out.

Shirts: I keep the good ones for workout shirts, donate the rest.