Transformations -- Pear Shape

Replies

• Flab2Thin
    Flab2Thin Posts: 34
    I carry all of my extra weight (when I have extra weight) in my hips, thighs and butt. But weight training has proved to help change my shape.

5'4" 130-ish pounds (probably more like 135 but I didn't weigh myself back then).

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Now - 112 pounds and drastically lowered the hippy-ness and thighs!

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Fantastic results :smile:
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    bump
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Pear here (still a work in progress, i'm starting 5X5 today)....I tend to lose all over the top half then once i'm lean up top THEN the hips decide they can't hide anymore and decide to follow suit (I don't know my weight but i'm measuring 32-29-43 here, this is after 4 months of heavy lifting and running (sorry the pics are kind of big i don't know how to resize) oh and i'm 48:

Jan 2013
    dd15k5.jpg

April 2013
    9tcoav.jpg
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Awesome job guys!
    I love my pear shape I just want it tighter and a lil smaller.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I love my shape; my hips and thighs are what make me feel like a woman, otherwise, I'd look like my daughter, lol. I would like to get rid of the extra flab, but I love my body shape.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    So much awesomeness in this thread! :drinker:
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    Bump...great motivation!!!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    I've always thought of myself as a pear shape, but I was analyzed as a 'soft straight' or something.. :| I still think I'm more of a pear. atleast when I was bigger.

this is a bit embarrasing to post such big photos :o but here goes..

d38vyv8
    first pic is back in 2009 when I was at my heaviest weight of.. 141lbs?

after that I've lost weight and it has been anywhere between 125-115lbs.

but this is me now:
    cd53jfs
    about 115lbs, I've been a member of the local gym since march this year. I lost 8 lbs this year :3 my goal is to get more muscle and 'tone'. sorry the pose is a bit awkward.

edit: would someone help with the pics? :laugh:
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    <<
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Bump
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    This thread is awesome! I love my pear shape, my big bum is probably one of my favourite things about me. Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    I've always thought of myself as a pear shape, but I was analyzed as a 'soft straight' or something.. :| I still think I'm more of a pear. atleast when I was bigger.

this is a bit embarrasing to post such big photos :o but here goes..

d38vyv8
    first pic is back in 2009 when I was at my heaviest weight of.. 141lbs?

after that I've lost weight and it has been anywhere between 125-115lbs.

but this is me now:
    cd53jfs
    about 115lbs, I've been a member of the local gym since march this year. I lost 8 lbs this year :3 my goal is to get more muscle and 'tone'. sorry the pose is a bit awkward.

edit: would someone help with the pics? :laugh:
    Sorry. Tried to help. Think you have to change IMG to lowercase
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    I still have a lot of thighs, but a lot less than I used to. I'm 5'5 and 40 years old.

IMG_8937.jpg
    July 2010, about 152#

IMG_5458.jpg
    Today, 135#

from11-5-10-2.jpg

You look younger than 40!!! Beautiful! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shaunasoares
    shaunasoares Posts: 19 Member
    You look great, I have the same problem you used to have. What kinds of weights? And how often? :smile:
  • wow you guys are looking amazing , congratz
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Thank you ladies! I feel so inspired now, I can fly :):):)
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Amazing
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Wow, ladies. What a transformation! Congratulations on your weight loss & being now a smaller pear! Y'all rock.

Can't wait for my turn to post here. Alas, it's going to be a long while yet.
  • Tbowman1
    Tbowman1 Posts: 2 Member
    WOW!!! Great job ladies!!!
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Just wanted to say "I love your hair! So cool :)"
    This thread is awesome! I love my pear shape, my big bum is probably one of my favourite things about me. Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    I carry all of my extra weight (when I have extra weight) in my hips, thighs and butt. But weight training has proved to help change my shape.

5'4" 130-ish pounds (probably more like 135 but I didn't weigh myself back then).

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Now - 112 pounds and drastically lowered the hippy-ness and thighs!

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Wow, amazing! Hard work pays off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!